1 meal vs 3 vs 6

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    CaseyW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    294
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    75.68%

    1 meal vs 3 vs 6


    Hey guys,

    I know traditional knowledge is that you want to eat 6 meals a day throughout the day. I've seen around places that are now saying this is not true.. and that 1 or 2 or 3 is just as good? I was talking to a friend of mine who is all into nutrition and they were shocked I would even say such a thing, they were like no, it's science you should be eating ideally 6 times a day. By the way I generally do but just out of habit.

    Could someone point me in the right direction of where this new line of thought that says 1,2, or 3 is just as good as 6 is discussed or science behind it?

    Thanks!
    Having great potential just means you haven't done anything yet.

  2. New Member
    67nova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    14326
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    43.66%

    Main thing is calories needed but larger meals do sometimes get stored as fat(cal overload)i myself have to eat atleast 5x a day as the cals i need are on the higher side and get to full even eating these.Yes i do go with calorie denser foods to help.

    It depends on the person no one is the same meaning what works for one doesnt for everyone.

    Just find what works for "YOU"not everyone else and only get tips from us.
  3. New Member
    Kingjake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    139747
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

    Check out leangains.com great info there
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    PrimiFit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    9188
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    64.07%

    I cycle between 2 meals and 4 meals depending on my schedule. Also, sometimes I feel like I can't shovel down all that food in two sittings. But sometimes it feels nice to not eat during the day and then eat a huge meal or two in the evening.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I kind of eyeball my food, I usually eat multiple times a day because I can't get all my protein in 2 meals.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  6. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,383
    Rep Power
    1238015
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    im nuts and sometimeseat5000 cals in one meal ( yes i eat the meal over a fewhorus) but i think ive really stretched otu my stomach which isntnecesarily good cu when imnot eating as much it takes me alot to feel full but right now im loving the big meals lol
  7. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    195273
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I'd say stick with 3 or more me personally I eat 5 and have a shake between each. while there haven't been many studies on meal frequency I figure the digestive system can only handle so much at once so better to split it up rather than eating 2000+ calories in on sitting and most of it rotting in your intestines and being excreted as waste, but that's just speculation
  8. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    64.29%

    For me personally 2-3 meals in a 8 hour window has been awesome. Been slowly losing weight and gaining muscle for the last six months. 50lbs scale weight and my strength has skyrocketed. As far as digestion goes I've seen a marked improvement. Consistent 4's on the Bristol scale where as before it fluctuated wildly.
  9. Advanced Member
    live to lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    292587
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    56.08%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman
    For me personally 2-3 meals in a 8 hour window has been awesome. Been slowly losing weight and gaining muscle for the last six months. 50lbs scale weight and my strength has skyrocketed. As far as digestion goes I've seen a marked improvement. Consistent 4's on the Bristol scale where as before it fluctuated wildly.
    Sounds like me and you have had similar results went from 207 to 157 while maintaining strength and no feeling of lethargy best weight loss ive ever had congrats on your results thats awesome
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I just wish I could get sold on IF.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  11. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    64.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
    Sounds like me and you have had similar results went from 207 to 157 while maintaining strength and no feeling of lethargy best weight loss ive ever had congrats on your results thats awesome
    Thanks I appreciate that. And congrats to you my friend. 50lbs is no small feat, especially starting at such a lower bf than myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I just wish I could get sold on IF.
    There's no thermic difference between eating 8 or 2 meals as long as the total amount and composition are the same. Starvation mode doesn't kick in until I believe the 72 hours mark without food. There are a host of pro's and con's for each proponent but considering those two points you have nothing to lose by trying it. I don't think that I have read of someone that has adapted past the transition stage and abandoned it altogether. In most cases it was at least added as a tool in there repertoire if not made the primary one.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman

    Thanks I appreciate that. And congrats to you my friend. 50lbs is no small feat, especially starting at such a lower bf than myself.

    There's no thermic difference between eating 8 or 2 meals as long as the total amount and composition are the same. Starvation mode doesn't kick in until I believe the 72 hours mark without food. There are a host of pro's and con's for each proponent but considering those two points you have nothing to lose by trying it. I don't think that I have read of someone that has adapted past the transition stage and abandoned it altogether. In most cases it was at least added as a tool in there repertoire if not made the primary one.
    Thx.
    Just fear I could be storing fat waiting that long to eat when my body is telling me that's it's hungry.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  13. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    64.29%

    Interesting. I always assumed that catabolism was the general fear of not eating often.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman
    Interesting. I always assumed that catabolism was the general fear of not eating often.
    Always 2 sides to a story.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  15. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    4092215
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Your body won't turn catabolic from not eatng often; that is outdated hypothesis based on very outdated research. If you can get all your calories in two-three meals, then its no different to eating the same portions over 6 meals.

    And no, it isnt science that you should eat 6 meals per day. There are studies on meal frequency but they are largely based on food cravings and obesity. I.e. eating 6 meals (as opposed to one) should help you control your hunger and help you to feel satisfied for a larger portion of the day.
  16. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    64.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Your body won't turn catabolic from not eatng often; that is outdated hypothesis based on very outdated research. If you can get all your calories in two-three meals, then its no different to eating the same portions over 6 meals.

    And no, it isnt science that you should eat 6 meals per day. There are studies on meal frequency but they are largely based on food cravings and obesity. I.e. eating 6 meals (as opposed to one) should help you control your hunger and help you to feel satisfied for a larger portion of the day.
    Should being the key word. I always tended to over eat or eat junk at night when doing small meals.
  17. Advanced Member
    live to lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    292587
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    56.08%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    IF takes about 2 weeks to get use to after that its smooth sailing and awesome results i was going to abandon it during my bulk but i have grown to love this way of eating soo much that i will be using it to bulk as well. It was great for cutting now ill see what bulking on IF will do
  18. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141406
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    55.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I believe that eating a lot of.meals a day comes from hardcore bodybuilders. its pretty hard to shove thousands of clean cals down your throat so they have to break up their meals. If it takes an average 180lb guy 2700 cals jus to maintain what do you think it requires for a 300lb bodybuilder to maintain?
  19. New Member
    Benzo22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    4546
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    75.41%

    Alan Aragon knows his stuff. Search "Alan Aragon meal frequency"
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Ben
    Forum Representative
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo22
    Alan Aragon knows his stuff. Search "Alan Aragon meal frequency"
    http://www.**********************/for...-and-Frequency

    It's a good read.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  21. New Member
    diezel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    4291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    15.93%

    I've been eating 3 meals a day. 2 small ones in the AM and one large meal post workout. This has worked well for me.
  22. New Member
    Tonycfh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8662
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.15%

    Meal frequancy is irrelavant, over all caloric and macro intake is what matters. I've done the six meals thing and hated it....i feel much better with 2 or 3 bigger meals and have been getting just as good results and probably even better. At the end of the day do what is easiest for you and what you enjoy more
  23. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,567
    Rep Power
    2717710
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    1.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Whatever fits your lifestyle and time frames
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  24. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48048
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    79.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Thank you, that was a really educational article.

    Peace
  25. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    3 or more to give to your muscles protein every 3-4 fours.I think that if you eat 3 meals 800-1000 cals per meal you will gain much fat and wont take all the protein you need.
  26. New Member
    Tonycfh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8662
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate
    3 or more to give to your muscles protein every 3-4 fours.I think that if you eat 3 meals 800-1000 cals per meal you will gain much fat and wont take all the protein you need.
    Not sure if srs
  27. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,567
    Rep Power
    2717710
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    1.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate
    3 or more to give to your muscles protein every 3-4 fours.I think that if you eat 3 meals 800-1000 cals per meal you will gain much fat and wont take all the protein you need.
    Lmao!
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Lmao!
    5-6 meals are better than first of all for your overall health.Secondly think of something.2-3 meals with 50-75 grams of protein per meal if you are hard working is worse than 5-6 meals of 25-30 grams of protein per meal.Your body can sure use this protein instead of all 60-75 grams.From 60-75 grams you take some and the others go to the toilet.That's what i have seen.You dont have to be only in bulking to eat many meals.That's my opinion.
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    Rep Power
    2974488
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    5-6 meals are better than first of all for your overall health.Secondly think of something.2-3 meals with 50-75 grams of protein per meal if you are hard working is worse than 5-6 meals of 25-30 grams of protein per meal.Your body can sure use this protein instead of all 60-75 grams.From 60-75 grams you take some and the others go to the toilet.That's what i have seen.You dont have to be only in bulking to eat many meals.That's my opinion.
    So does the same thing happen with carbs?

    I'd can only eat max 75g of carbs with a meal right, if I eat more my body either won't "use" them or I'll just gain fat... Right?

    Or am I doing it wrong?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  30. New Member
    Tonycfh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8662
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    5-6 meals are better than first of all for your overall health.Secondly think of something.2-3 meals with 50-75 grams of protein per meal if you are hard working is worse than 5-6 meals of 25-30 grams of protein per meal.Your body can sure use this protein instead of all 60-75 grams.From 60-75 grams you take some and the others go to the toilet.That's what i have seen.You dont have to be only in bulking to eat many meals.That's my opinion.
    Science > opinion......i'd advise you to do some research
  31. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    Science > opinion......i'd advise you to do some research
    I have this opinion cause i have read this in a science article.
  32. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    So does the same thing happen with carbs?

    I'd can only eat max 75g of carbs with a meal right, if I eat more my body either won't "use" them or I'll just gain fat... Right?

    Or am I doing it wrong?
    Carbs and Protein are diferent things.But yeah if you overdo it with carbs the rest will go to toilet or gain some fat.I have read this to in a science article too.

    And Panterra let me tell you one more thing.Calorie intake is just a number.The body uses the calories it takes and it learns to keep your weigh with the calories you take.I have a friend who works and eats 1-2 times a day and not a serius meal.SOme almonds with yogurt or cereal and he is 1.78 83 kilos with muscles.I also dont eat the exactly calories i need for my lifestyle cause i have a very active life due to my gymnastics college and my kilos but i saw diferences in my body since i put more 2 meals cause i used to eat 3 big meals.Now i eat 5 normal meals.This thing with the calories had also told it to me a guy who is doing bodybulding.The calories doesnt exactly matter.

    I also have to say that i dont have the Intention to insult anyone or be 'enemys' with some of you in forum.We are here to advice and learn too.
    Peace my friends.
  33. New Member
    Tonycfh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8662
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    Carbs and Protein are diferent things.But yeah if you overdo it with carbs the rest will go to toilet or gain some fat.I have read this to in a science article too.

    And Panterra let me tell you one more thing.Calorie intake is just a number.The body uses the calories it takes and it learns to keep your weigh with the calories you take.I have a friend who works and eats 1-2 times a day and not a serius meal.SOme almonds with yogurt or cereal and he is 1.78 83 kilos with muscles.I also dont eat the exactly calories i need for my lifestyle cause i have a very active life due to my gymnastics college and my kilos but i saw diferences in my body since i put more 2 meals cause i used to eat 3 big meals.Now i eat 5 normal meals.This thing with the calories had also told it to me a guy who is doing bodybulding.The calories doesnt exactly matter.

    I also have to say that i dont have the Intention to insult anyone or be 'enemys' with some of you in forum.We are here to advice and learn too.
    Peace my friends.
    Is this real life? I honestly can't understand what you're trying to say. Just look up "if it fits your macros"
  34. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    Is this real life? I honestly can't understand what you're trying to say. Just look up "if it fits your macros"
    When you dont have an answer you dont understand.That's all from me about the meal plan.Just make sure you make some more search.
  35. New Member
    Tonycfh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8662
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    When you dont have to say you dont understand.That's all from me about the meal plan.Just make sure you make some more search.
    Research on what? Are we still talking about meal frequancy or have you moved on to saying your calorie intake doesn't matter in the pursuite of your goals? To put it as simple as possible....meal frequency does not matter. Caloric surplus = weight gain, caloric deficit = weight loss. I don't understand how you're actually disputing this
  36. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,567
    Rep Power
    2717710
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    1.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate View Post
    When you dont have an answer you dont understand.That's all from me about the meal plan.Just make sure you make some more search.
    your old school train of thought has been proved wrong time and time again, now if your saying that method works for you then congrats but in real life its not the best way of dieting. these debates have been covered for god knows how long and i honestly dont know why i bother to chime in anymore..
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  37. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    your old school train of thought has been proved wrong time and time again, now if your saying that method works for you then congrats but in real life its not the best way of dieting. these debates have been covered for god knows how long and i honestly dont know why i bother to chime in anymore..
    Work for me and for other many people i know.You guys keep eating 2-3 times a day.
  38. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    2522845
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    93.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    Work for me and for other many people i know.You guys keep eating 2-3 times a day.
    Lol at the dogma of 6-7 meals a day deal of dieting still. Although im eating six a day now.. but when i prepped the first four weeks was IF/LG.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  39. New Member
    MrChocoLate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    61758
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    56.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Lol at the dogma of 6-7 meals a day deal of dieting still. Although im eating six a day now.. but when i prepped the first four weeks was IF/LG.
    Didnt understand what you say.Maybe i forgot my english due to lack of exercise but i am eating 5-6 times a day too.
  40. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    2522845
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    93.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

    Didnt understand what you say.Maybe i forgot my english due to lack of exercise but i am eating 5-6 times a day too.
    Let me rephrase that. Its an oldschool belief that 5-7 meals a day is needed to sustain a "steady metabolism" it has been proven wrong numerous times. Now, 2-3 meals a day will suffice in BUILDING muscle and or lose fat, all it takes is a little research/googling and an open mind to understand the outdated 5-7meal option isnt king.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Protein Vs Meal Replacement
    By Herm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
  2. Lean Gains/IF vs 5 Meals A Day
    By jrw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
  3. How many meals vs. shakes?
    By AaronJP1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
  4. 6 smaller meals vs 3 large?
    By Jentry07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 08:47 PM
  5. THE BATTLE! 1AD vs. One+
    By MassMachine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2002, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in