How long after a workout do muscles cease repairing and growing? - AnabolicMinds.com

How long after a workout do muscles cease repairing and growing?

1. New Member

Okay this may sound like a stupid question but I was wondering, Just how long do you need to consistently feed your muscle once you've worked it out? The question stems from this, eating 3500 calories a day, every day in order to maintain my weight is not an easy thing to do every day. There are days where I just feel like taking a break and not eating as much. I'm an ectomorph by nature and it is a big challenge to grow my muscles. However, The point of my question is this, How many days after you have worked out a muscle does the growing period cease. If on my fourth day after working out my chest I decide instead of 3500 cal I will only eat 2000 calories, Will my chest muscles have any affect by that. Are my chest muscles still growing after the fourth day from the workout period. If I continue eating 3500 cal a day am I just putting on weight or are my muscles still repairing themselves and actively growing. Again it may sound silly but I've always wondered just how long does the anabolic growth-enhancement period stay active.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

It depends on how long you've been working out. The less time you've been training the shorter the recovery. It's also *sighs* genetics and how they pertain to your metabolism.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long after a meal do YOU wait before training?
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM
  4. How long after first shot do you know?
    By Mr.50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 02:44 AM
  5. how long after 4ad application can I workout?
    By slydeflex in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 09:10 PM