Creatine: How much is too much??

1. Creatine: How much is too much??

How much creatine is too much when working out heavy?
    After a year off, I'm back

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    How much creatine is too much when working out heavy?
    Most people these days say that u only need 5 grams a day with no loading phase.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    •   

3. Drinking a whole kilo of creatine dissolved in water in a sitting might be too much.

If you mean how much is enough before you're just wasting it, I would say 5g is about enough. I think this dose is supposed to give you enough and a little more just in case.

Now, bear in mind if you're a huge beef and salmon eater, you might be getting enough in your diet. One pound of beef can supply 2g creatine, and 1lb of salmon can supply 4g creatine. I eat about 1lb of beef and 0.5lb of salmon daily, so I get around 4g like that. I know others who eat twice as much of the same meat, easily, than I do, so their needs are covered.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Drinking a whole kilo of creatine dissolved in water in a sitting might be too much.

If you mean how much is enough before you're just wasting it, I would say 5g is about enough. I think this dose is supposed to give you enough and a little more just in case.

Now, bear in mind if you're a huge beef and salmon eater, you might be getting enough in your diet. One pound of beef can supply 2g creatine, and 1lb of salmon can supply 4g creatine. I eat about 1lb of beef and 0.5lb of salmon daily, so I get around 4g like that. I know others who eat twice as much of the same meat, easily, than I do, so their needs are covered.
    Cool man, thanks. See of your profile that you like Death Metal...what are some of your fav bands?

5. Ive tried both loading and just keeping it 5g/day and got same results, +4Ib
    •   

6. 3-5 g is sufficient. My favorite forms are the tried and true monohydrate and magnesium creatine chelate.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    Cool man, thanks. See of your profile that you like Death Metal...what are some of your fav bands?
    Old bands/albums like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Monstrosity, Sentenced

New bands like Krypts, Stench of Decay, Kerasphorus, Cruciamentum, Antediluvian
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Old bands/albums like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Monstrosity, Sentenced

New bands like Krypts, Stench of Decay, Kerasphorus, Cruciamentum, Antediluvian
    Right on man, gotta love those low growls

9. Quote Originally Posted by kinglyvelvet View Post
    Deer antler velvet has over 390 active ingredients including: Growth factors, IGF, lipids, proteins, HGH, minerals, chondroitin, glucosamine and amino acids. These ingredients are naturally formed each year with the new growth of the deer antler velvet.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much is too much volume?
    By spatch in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 11:59 AM
  2. RYR - How much is too much?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 10:35 PM
  3. First timers 1T/4AD cycle how much is too much?
    By fast89lx in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
  4. Potassium? How much is too much?
    By Yimen E.Cricket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 09:18 PM
  5. Protein Limits - How much is too much?
    By Technics in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 08:00 PM