Intermittent Fasting...

  1. Intermittent Fasting...


    Anyone heard of this type of fasting or better yet, has anyone done this type of fasting?

    Intermittent fasting, (IF) if you're feeling trendy, has blitzkrieged the physique world. This dieting philosophy is saturated with strategies, all consisting of not eating for extended time periods--anywhere from fourteen to thirty-six hours. As crazy as it seems--and as far removed from conventional bodybuilding wisdom as it is--intermittent fasters are raving about their results. Claims include first rate fat loss and increased, intense focus.

    During extended meal-free periods, your body needs a fuel source—and unless your body fat percentage *****s that of a pre-winter Walrus, your body is going to break down muscle protein for energy.

    Sipping BCAAs every few hours while fasting provides the body with a readily available fuel source; sparing your precious and hard earned bulk. To meet this end, a good product to consider is Mega BCAA from ProSource because it contains a precise ratio of vastly superior, premium-grade aminos in clinically indicated dosages. ProSource's L-Leucine product is a great source of the most valuable BCAA, available in a 100% pure, high-potency form.

    Would like to hear some feedback on this...
    After a year off, I'm back


  2. This thread isn't enough?

    The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

    Check it out, guys in there can help you out on how to get used to it, how to set up macros and timings. I practice it, but in there you will find the pro's of fasting.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    This thread isn't enough?

    The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

    Check it out, guys in there can help you out on how to get used to it, how to set up macros and timings. I practice it, but in there you will find the pro's of fasting.
    Thanks man!
    After a year off, I'm back
    •   
       


  4. yup many many threads about LG IF FWIW i am a huge fan of the set up, but it is not for everyone.

  5. I was thinking about trying to run it at least once
    After a year off, I'm back

  6. give it a shot for at least a month or two and see what you think. (same advice i would give for any routine or diet plan)
  7. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    During extended meal-free periods, your body needs a fuel source—and unless your body fat percentage *****s that of a pre-winter Walrus, your body is going to break down muscle protein for energy.
    there really isn't any evidence of this in nature. Your body has stored glycogen reserves equaling something over 2000 calories worth, your body easily is capable of releasing 40-50 calories an hour from fat stores as well. Yes, your body eventually will begin breaking down muscle protein for energy, but its not that fast or that significant.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  8. that middle bit sounds like an ad to sell BCAA's

    as long as you are eating right during your feeding windows, there is no way you are going to be burning off muscle under any normal circumstances.

  9. i was skeptical about IF then i tried it ans was amazed... I started carb cycling with it as well and i have been dumping about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week like clock work...


    You will completely disconnect from food, its pretty cool...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    i was skeptical about IF then i tried it ans was amazed... I started carb cycling with it as well and i have been dumping about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week like clock work...


    You will completely disconnect from food, its pretty cool...
    Thanks for the input man. I'm pretty much looking to drop some bf to start off with.
    After a year off, I'm back

  11. Started IF in June, will never look back.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

  12. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    Started IF in June, will never look back.
    Any tips you can give me?
    After a year off, I'm back
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    don't overcomplicate, try to keep your eating window start time consistent, don't beat yourself up horribly or try to extend a fast period longer if you blow it and one day's is shorter. even if you blow IF out entirely one day because where you work is having their employee appreciation breakfast, who cares? just return to IF the next day.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    don't overcomplicate, try to keep your eating window start time consistent, don't beat yourself up horribly or try to extend a fast period longer if you blow it and one day's is shorter. even if you blow IF out entirely one day because where you work is having their employee appreciation breakfast, who cares? just return to IF the next day.
    Wisdom in this post.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    Any tips you can give me?
    You trying to lean out? Just follow the IF protocol, fast at least 16 hours a day and keep to your 8 hour feeding window. To burn extra fat my eating window is usually 4-5 hours and fast 18-20 hours. I add LISS cardio on offday empty stomach no BCAAS for LISS. Just a dose of some Yohimbine HCL. Higher carbs on train days low fat protein always high to preserve muscle(2.5g per kg bodyweight), Off days/Cardio Low carb higher fat.

    Find your maintenance calories and eat +10%ish on training days and -30-35% ish on rest days and the fat will fall off.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

  16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    don't overcomplicate, try to keep your eating window start time consistent, don't beat yourself up horribly or try to extend a fast period longer if you blow it and one day's is shorter. even if you blow IF out entirely one day because where you work is having their employee appreciation breakfast, who cares? just return to IF the next day.
    ^

    I agree with this. Don't obsess if you can't fast or eat at the same time some days, just keep it as regular as possible. Too many people think they are ****ed if they only fast like 12 hours one day or something. Just stay consistent and the fat will fall off.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

  17. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    You trying to lean out? Just follow the IF protocol, fast at least 16 hours a day and keep to your 8 hour feeding window. To burn extra fat my eating window is usually 4-5 hours and fast 18-20 hours. I add LISS cardio on offday empty stomach no BCAAS for LISS. Just a dose of some Yohimbine HCL. Higher carbs on train days low fat protein always high to preserve muscle(2.5g per kg bodyweight), Off days/Cardio Low carb higher fat.

    Find your maintenance calories and eat +10%ish on training days and -30-35% ish on rest days and the fat will fall off.
    Yes, trying to lean out.
    After a year off, I'm back

  18. I've been on IF for about 7 weeks now. Takes some time getting used to it. It took me a little over 2 weeks for my body to adjust. From there I split my macros into 3 meals during my feeding window. Seems to work for me and doesn't leave me feeling bloated. Lots on here have had success on IF. Try it out and see if it's for you.
    Squats do a booty good.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I've been on IF for about 7 weeks now. Takes some time getting used to it. It took me a little over 2 weeks for my body to adjust. From there I split my macros into 3 meals during my feeding window. Seems to work for me and doesn't leave me feeling bloated. Lots on here have had success on IF. Try it out and see if it's for you.
    I will try it and thanks for your input!
    After a year off, I'm back

  20. When i started it i was already carb cycling (not alot of carbs on now weight days). I slowly extended my fast by a couple hours each day over the first week till i got to 12-8.

    i am really carb sensitive but i would recommend add that too after your comfy with your windows...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
  2. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
  3. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
  4. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Log in
Log in