1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Macros question

I'm currently on a lean bulk, question is do you count calories from fiber in your carb count? I have read that only soluble fiber contributes toward calorie total since insoluble fiber isn't absorbed, but soluble fiber only contributes 1-2 cals/g gram. What I have been doing is assuming half of my daily total for fiber is soluble, multiplying by 1.5 to get total caps from soluble fiber, and dividing that by 4 to convert it to a number consistent with carb calories, then I add it to my carb total to get my final carb macros for the day. Does that make sense?

I take in a lit of clean foods and veggies, so my fiber intake is about 90-100g/day...this high intake is why I am curious because if I am wrong my macros will be skewed

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    I'm currently on a lean bulk, question is do you count calories from fiber in your carb count? I have read that only soluble fiber contributes toward calorie total since insoluble fiber isn't absorbed, but soluble fiber only contributes 1-2 cals/g gram. What I have been doing is assuming half of my daily total for fiber is soluble, multiplying by 1.5 to get total caps from soluble fiber, and dividing that by 4 to convert it to a number consistent with carb calories, then I add it to my carb total to get my final carb macros for the day. Does that make sense?
    I dont even think albert einstein could solve this hahaha, goodluck with the bulk dude!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

No I do not count fiber grams when I count carbohydrates. I count protein, carbs and fats and thats it. I try to make sure I get enough fiber in thoughout the day to keep regular. 20-30 grams is a good start
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.1%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post

I take in a lit of clean foods and veggies, so my fiber intake is about 90-100g/day...this high intake is why I am curious because if I am wrong my macros will be skewed

Fiber a "filling agent"..You can eat as much vegetables as you want but keep in mind that when you are bulking you need those calories!
    Personally I wouldn't think about fiber intake. The most important role is your P,F,C intake.
    If you want to get some lean muscle you should consider to take some more protein and healthy fats. Good sources of fats: Chia seeds, coconut oil, fishes, olive oil, linseed oil..Those fats will help u to burn fat and put on some quality weight.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mainevant

Fiber a "filling agent"..You can eat as much vegetables as you want but keep in mind that when you are bulking you need those calories!
    Personally I wouldn't think about fiber intake. The most important role is your P,F,C intake.
    If you want to get some lean muscle you should consider to take some more protein and healthy fats. Good sources of fats: Chia seeds, coconut oil, fishes, olive oil, linseed oil..Those fats will help u to burn fat and put on some quality weight.
    I have no problem reaching my macros, I just know since fiber does provide some calories I don't want to go over my macros without knowing it. Probably not a big deal either way, just wanted to see how other people measure it, especially those who compete
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.1%

I never count fiber intake...All I take care about is C,F,P intake and those macros I count.
    Nothing more.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.29%

No, you don't count your calories from fiber. You should have a goal to hit a number of grams of fiber per day, though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Macros Question- Over or at maintanence day after a lift?
    By alamo333 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
  2. Quick Macros Question for Lean Bulk
    By Dan79langford in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 12:01 AM
  3. Macro patuitary tumor ,androgel and prohormone question
    By blackmalinois in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM
  4. questions about Macros/ total nutrtion