**** food + Caloric intake - AnabolicMinds.com

**** food + Caloric intake

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

**** food + Caloric intake

I've been wanting to bulk up again. When I was at my biggest I was taking in roughly 4000cal. Since, I have transferred units (in the CG) and work 2 days on, 2 days off. The 2 days I'm on duty, they serve **** food (as in crap carbs and lack of quality protein) I used to cook up food the night before for the next two days but it's more a pain in the ass than anything now. My diet had been almost flawless until now (and still is on my days off.) I also have access to a gym while on duty. Should I just suck it up and limit carb intake to what quality carbs i can while at work and focus more on maintaining muscle than size. Or can I sacrifice and eat unhealthy meals 2 days on 2 days off to meet my caloric intake? I'm 5'9 and had gone from 165-210ish, and now I'm back to 200lb approx 15-17%
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

define crap carbs...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

for example: dinner last night was pizza
    and fried chicken. dinner the night before was fried chicken tenders and French fries.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

maybe I'll stick w/ pb&j's and protein powder
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    maybe I'll stick w/ pb&j's and protein powder
    For me I would just make everything in bulk on my off days (sweet potatoes, chicken, steaks, etc.) So that when you're making meals for your shifts all you have to do is throw it in a tupperware. This is what I do...
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

yeah I did that for a year up till now. i know I need to do it but I'm just looking for exuses/alternatives lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

yeah I did that for a year up till now. i know I need to do it but I'm just looking for exuses/alternatives lol
    Yeah I feel you. I guess if you had an MRP shake you on hand you wouldn't have to make as much food. I took monster milk on vacation with me and threw in almonds and occasionally oats when I couldn't get to a meal. Not nearly as filling as whole foods but it gets the job done
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

I was using maltodextrin for a while w post workout. would a maltodextrin/casein shake w/ almonds be suitable in place of an unhealthy meal? I've never been one to like "weight gainer" shakes.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

I was using maltodextrin for a while w post workout. would a maltodextrin/casein shake w/ almonds be suitable in place of an unhealthy meal? I've never been one to like "weight gainer" shakes.
    I prefer lower GI carbs to prevent insulin spikes outside of post workout...so the only carb I would use is oatmeal, possibly a purple sweet potato powder like glycomyx if a powder is easier for you
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

oatmeal is doable. I'll try puttin on some lbs again and figuring out this diet while at work. tryin to avoid turning into a fatass here. I appreciate all the suggestions
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Calculating Daily Caloric Intake & Bodybuilding
    By pudzian2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
  2. Sd Pulse Bulk - Caloric Intake Help
    By MashedPotato in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 05:38 AM