Before Bed: Casein, BCAAs, or 12 Hour Fast for Recomp?
- 07-15-2012, 02:45 PM
- 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
if your using bulk bcaa or xtend there arent any calories or sugars so its the same as green tea or a black coffee.
When I do either my evening fast and my 24 hour fast I only drink bcaa all day.
07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
The 12 hour fast will help you lose weight while the casein will help you build muscle.
It all depends on your goals.
Be sur to visit my site at http://maxweights.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste)
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
^^ I have been using recover pro in fasted states and killing it. It helps you keep burning while being somewhat anti-catabolic due to its protein building blocks and no cals.Originally Posted by redredss
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
when you fast:
Insulin drops and glucagon increases
Fat oxidation increases (fuel)
Along with a lot of beneficial things. After 24 hours it all slows down though, and your body tries to go back to homeostasis, so there is no real need to fast for more than 24 hours. Im in the middle of a fast right now TBH my last meal was at noon, so ive just been drinking water and some xtend all day till noon tomorrow.
Recover pro is something I will look into
Similar Forum Threads
- By Whacked in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
- By RcMonahan in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 15Last Post: 06-06-2010, 11:13 PM
- By toosmall in forum NutraplanetReplies: 20Last Post: 01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
- By bbbeast in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2009, 04:35 AM
- By Gaf Knee in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2003, 11:08 PM