KILL NIGHT CRAVINGS!

  1. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0

    KILL NIGHT CRAVINGS!


    I eat good throughout the day but when the night rolls around I crave carbs like crazy. Cravings to strong to not give in. Lol. PB and J sandwiches usually do the trick. I am in the single digit BF and train great and look great but I know I can take it to the next level. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. Registered User
    Kingjake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    169
    Answers
    0


    Im right there wit ya. I got the same problem bruh!! Cravings are brutal some nights i trying chewing sugar free gum.. Im in for suggestions aswell.
  3. Registered User
    Kingjake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    169
    Answers
    0


    N also when I have them I'll save room for a chocolate brownie Quest bar so good.. They help a lot but I can only get em online check those out.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    Yea I can get those from this healthy meal store. Good after u warm them up. Il try that. Good idea. a lot of fiber in them to feel full
  5. Registered User
    GeovanniG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    Answers
    0


    For dinner you could try eating a meal with more fiber.
    Be sur to visit my site at http://maxweights.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste)
  6. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GeovanniG
    For dinner you could try eating a meal with more fiber.
    This! I already had the answer when I read the thread title.what you could do is find a good combo with complex carbs w/ high fiber and fats to further slow absorption.
  7. Registered User
    bklaves's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    125
    Answers
    0


    Tablespoon of PB and a handfull of almonds does it for me.
  8. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski

    This! I already had the answer when I read the thread title.what you could do is find a good combo with complex carbs w/ high fiber and fats to further slow absorption.
    I eat those high fiber low carb wraps sometimes. Il try that out more
  9. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ShmEEzy View Post
    I eat those high fiber low carb wraps sometimes. Il try that out more
    You can even make your own wrap, if you taking about the purchased ones.

    Whole wheat tortilla
    avocado
    black beans
    corn
    basil
    pesto
    skinless chicken breast
    dijon mustard
    serrano/jalopeno - i love my food really spicy

    just a little idea for something like a meal.
  10. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski

    You can even make your own wrap, if you taking about the purchased ones.

    Whole wheat tortilla
    avocado
    black beans
    corn
    basil
    pesto
    skinless chicken breast
    dijon mustard
    serrano/jalopeno - i love my food really spicy

    just a little idea for something like a meal.
    Sounds tasty as hell. Il try that.
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    I used a Power Crunch bar tonight. 10g of carbs, 13g of protein, 12g of fat, 200 calories. I'm ok.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Ohh there ya go,another good choice! depending on whether you eat within the hour of bed time, for some it keeps them up.

    I sure do hope you got peanut butter flavor, god that is crack to me..
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski
    Ohh there ya go,another good choice! depending on whether you eat within the hour of bed time, for some it keeps them up.

    I sure do hope you got peanut butter flavor, god that is crack to me..
    I tried the all chocolate last week & yes tonight it was p butter fudge!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  14. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    I tried the all chocolate last week & yes tonight it was p butter fudge!
    Yupp, I drooled a little..
  15. Registered User
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,445
    Answers
    4


    Strawberry greek frozen yogurt for me does the trick
  16. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Answers
    0


    i got the nastiest strongest mouthwash i could ind and i rinse with it before bed USUALLY it makes everything taste bad atleast till i can fall asleep
  17. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160
    i got the nastiest strongest mouthwash i could ind and i rinse with it before bed USUALLY it makes everything taste bad atleast till i can fall asleep
    That's horrible, more power to ya! Or you can just brush your teeth, seems to me when I did it, it made me not eat since I didn't want to brush again
  18. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    That's horrible, more power to ya! Or you can just brush your teeth, seems to me when I did it, it made me not eat since I didn't want to brush again
    yeah brushing doesnt last as long sometimes the cravings are so strong i cant sleep
  19. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Damn, you need to feed your body! Haha whip up some oatmeal and throw in some peanut butter!
  20. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Damn, you need to feed your body! Haha whip up some oatmeal and throw in some peanut butter!
    that actually sounds awsome. i try not to eat carbs late but unless its like a big steak nothing seems to really be satifying without alot of carbs
  21. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    Fasting all day is easier than just eating a certain amount lol. Once I eat the beast awakes lol.
  22. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160 View Post
    that actually sounds awsome. i try not to eat carbs late but unless its like a big steak nothing seems to really be satifying without alot of carbs
    Lol i guess its when your workout sesh is, mine is at 7:30-8:30pm. I dont eat until 9-9:30, I still fit in my 800-900 cals in too, and around 10, PB Sammich/Oats & PB! haha im actually leaning out more than what i expected. Its all about that post-prandial state, taking advantage of that is the key point.
  23. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    Late night cravings are the perfect time for protein shakes
  24. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ShmEEzy View Post
    Fasting all day is easier than just eating a certain amount lol. Once I eat the beast awakes lol.
    yeah once i start i cant stop it doesnt matter if i was eatin alot all day or not
  25. Registered User
    kingDOM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Yea those quest bars are the only bar that is actually good for you. Tons of meatheads get bars like pure protein, supremes, etc...but those will do nothing for you. There all concentrate protein(quest bars are isolate). peaople are stupid. And these are the same tards that use muscle milk because the word muscle is in the title.

    If u have nightime urges just keep some quest bars close and you will be fine
  26. Registered User
    scherbs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kingDOM
    Yea those quest bars are the only bar that is actually good for you. Tons of meatheads get bars like pure protein, supremes, etc...but those will do nothing for you. There all concentrate protein(quest bars are isolate). peaople are stupid. And these are the same tards that use muscle milk because the word muscle is in the title.

    If u have nightime urges just keep some quest bars close and you will be fine
    Or eat real food. . .
  27. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0


    I just eat a bunch of apple/cherry turnovers, ice cream, sorbet, apple fritters, cinnamon buns, jasmine rice, potatoes, cake,andpudding.
  28. Registered User
    Kingjake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    169
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by scherbs

    Or eat real food. . .
    We understand u need real food.. This is more like dessert or treat rather than eating a chocolate bar or some sugar food. I use Quest bars to kill the cravings. They have a good profile n taste great.
  29. Registered User
    LSV2NV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kingDOM View Post
    Yea those quest bars are the only bar that is actually good for you. Tons of meatheads get bars like pure protein, supremes, etc...but those will do nothing for you. There all concentrate protein(quest bars are isolate). peaople are stupid. And these are the same tards that use muscle milk because the word muscle is in the title.

    If u have nightime urges just keep some quest bars close and you will be fine
    Supreme protien bar is whey isolate..
  30. Registered User
    ShmEEzy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    I just had a good dinner with lean beef and lean turkey with chopped tomato, red and green pepper, onion, garlic, guacamole and green beans in a low carb high fiber wrap. Big wrap. After that I had a plate of just the meat n veggies. I had a quest brownie bar to crave that craving afterwords then still was hungry so I ate an Atkins bar. Lol. Damn this madness. better than other crap carbs at night I suppose. :-)
  31. Registered User
    kingDOM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    A shake with powdered fiber is always good to kill night time urges too. I do a scoop of protein, almond milk, plain yogert, fiber with probiotics, and bluberries. fills me right up.
  32. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Fiber, fiber, fiber, protein! Hahaha, my last meal is basically 35+g fiber.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Night TIme Nutrition
    By Big Joe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
  2. one of those nights !
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
  3. help with carb cravings at night
    By arizonanewbie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
  4. night time craving beater
    By massmonster in forum Recipes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 09:33 AM
  5. Saw LOTR The Two Towers last night....
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in