Dreamfields Pasta Claims to have Only 5g of Carbs per serving...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.17%

Dreamfields Pasta Claims to have Only 5g of Carbs per serving...

Dreamfields Pasta Claims to have Only 5g of Carbs per serving... although the nutrition facts list total carbs at 41grams they subtract 5grams as fiber and 31grams as "protected carbs" insinuating that only 5grams of carbs are actually absorbed. It's heavily promoted towards diabetics so that they may benefit from the lower glycemic index / less insulin spike as compared to traditional pasta.

Name:  Dreamsfields-Lasagna-Nutrition.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  103.8 KB

I have seen a few websites saying that the whole thing is a scam and and I have seen websites supporting its use (please dont ask for the sites - google the name if your interested).

I have tried it and i have to say taste-wise it is exactly the same as normal pasta. I traditionally have eaten whole-wheat pasta in the past, although never really thought it compared to real pasta.

But as far as the whole "protected carbs" thing, i can't tell personally if its true or not. at least based on weight gain/ loss.

anyone have any experience with this dreamfields pasta? or know if it is really what it claims to be?

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Sounds like they are just trying to make money. "Protected carbs"?. What is that exactly?. Where are those carbs coming from?.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Hm, im not really a big pasta eater. But as a type 1 i would be able to tell if its actually 41g or 5g haha. Next time i go shopping ill pick some up. Hopefully wal mart has some!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.17%

Quote Originally Posted by lizonsky View Post
    Hm, im not really a big pasta eater. But as a type 1 i would be able to tell if its actually 41g or 5g haha. Next time i go shopping ill pick some up. Hopefully wal mart has some!
    do you mean by post-prandial Blood glucose testing? if it was 41g vs 5g how much time after the meal would you see a dramatic difference in levels - 30 mins after 1hr after?

also, i got it at a local shaws supermarket (major chain in this area)
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Quote Originally Posted by gmonaaaay View Post
    do you mean by post-prandial Blood glucose testing? if it was 41g vs 5g how much time after the meal would you see a dramatic difference in levels - 30 mins after 1hr after?

also, i got it at a local shaws supermarket (major chain in this area)
    Yes sir, For me I would be able to test my blood sugar 5 minutes after eating and see if it raised or not. But to see the maximum effect i'd wait an hour to an hour an a half. If i ate something with 5g of carbs my blood sugar would barely raise at all. Most likely wont even be able to tell a difference. But with 41g of carbs I could go from a blood sugar of 100 to 250 in an hour. It'd be interesting to see if the company is telling the truth

Similar Forum Threads

1. Complex carbs supps vs simple carbs after workout ?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 05:39 PM
  4. Refined Carbs Leads to Fat not total carbs
    By ironviking in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 09:08 AM