1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.64%

How much fat is too much fat?

I plan on going on a big time HDrol bulk cycle. 75/75/75/75/100/100

My goal will be to eat 5500 calories, I know this is probably too much I'll try anyway. I want to get around 350g of protein as well.

Basic question is how much fat is too much? Would 200g be way too much?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJJ View Post
    I plan on going on a big time HDrol bulk cycle. 75/75/75/75/100/100

My goal will be to eat 5500 calories, I know this is probably too much I'll try anyway. I want to get around 350g of protein as well.

Basic question is how much fat is too much? Would 200g be way too much?
    Whats the point of that much protein? JW...bulk necessity for protein is only 1-1.25g of prot per LB of BW and minimal fats should be .45-.5g per LB of BW , those are minimals of course you can go up...but why so much prot anyway?...Carbs should fill up most of the kCals on a bulk, specially on cycle.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.17%

You need 2g per pound to really put on size
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Whats the point of that much protein? JW...bulk necessity for protein is only 1-1.25g of prot per LB of BW and minimal fats should be .45-.5g per LB of BW , those are minimals of course you can go up...but why so much prot anyway?...Carbs should fill up most of the kCals on a bulk, specially on cycle.
    I thought during a cycle your body synthesizes protein much better and it would be beneficial to eat more protein. Atleast 2x i thought during a cycle.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mkneuer View Post
    Really now? Got some science behind that or pure bro knowledge?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJJ View Post
    I thought during a cycle your body synthesizes protein much better and it would be beneficial to eat more protein. Atleast 2x i thought during a cycle.
    Yes and no, yes better protein synthesis, but indeed also BIGGER glycogen need and production since on cycle you need to really bust your a*s off and with increased recovery, comes the opportunity to keep training more and more with minimal rest needed , but this takes a huge tax on glycogen stores, thus bigger carb amounts are also needed to refill them, it is true that anabolism is at its peak on PH/DS AAS , still, try to keep it tops at 1.5g per LB , so you can add more healthy fats to help in better recovery, more hormonal support on cycle...and also, more space to have bigger amounts of carbs to support growth and glycogen restoration.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Really now? Got some science behind that or pure bro knowledge?

Yes and no, yes better protein synthesis, but indeed also BIGGER glycogen need and production since on cycle you need to really bust your a*s off and with increased recovery, comes the opportunity to keep training more and more with minimal rest needed , but this takes a huge tax on glycogen stores, thus bigger carb amounts are also needed to refill them, it is true that anabolism is at its peak on PH/DS AAS , still, try to keep it tops at 1.5g per LB , so you can add more healthy fats to help in better recovery, more hormonal support on cycle...and also, more space to have bigger amounts of carbs to support growth and glycogen restoration.
    you've got me sold!

if I were to eat 5000 as my goal each day, what would be good macros for my cycle

freedieting. com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm (take space out, can't post links)

this website might be of help
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

Just multiply your protein & fat requirements by your weight and get the balance in by CHO (well, you can eat more than your requirements for either protein or fat but do get some carbs in, and a lot of them).

Just a question, and Celorza ight know the answer, but why do you need 5500 kcals? For you mass and height, this would be well and truly over your maintainence. Hope your working out like a boss
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Just multiply your protein & fat requirements by your weight and get the balance in by CHO (well, you can eat more than your requirements for either protein or fat but do get some carbs in, and a lot of them).

Just a question, and Celorza ight know the answer, but why do you need 5500 kcals? For you mass and height, this would be well and truly over your maintainence. Hope your working out like a boss
    I definatley don't need 5500 cals. I want to make the most of the cycle and i don't mind gaining a bit of fat. I'll probably push it down to 5000 cals. The way i see it is my metabolism is already very fast, hdrol will let me eat more, and I want to make the most of the cycle.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

Fair Enough.

Good luck with it
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mkneuer View Post
    no. just no. start studying. tell me why you're totally wrong.

op. unless you want to gain some substantial fat on cycle i'd suggest dropping calories to 4000-4500. 5k is ridiculous unless your like a mason or work in a stock room slinging heavy ass weights around and stuff. do you know how to find your bmr and calculate out your actual caloric needs?
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.03%

How many calories are you eating now?
    Just add maybe 300-600 extra kcals a day over your maintenance to get a nice clean bulk.
    Roids will not allow you to magically eat 2k more a day and stay lean. I did a bulk similar to yours and all I got was too much fat with the muscle. You could probably spread the drugs over more time and the food as well. Glhf!