How much protein needed to maintain lbm

  1. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    How much protein needed to maintain lbm


    I'm on vacation this week and I know my nutrition is not going to be nearly as on point as when I'm home.

    I'll be lucky to get three meals a day.

    I'm around 197 pounds. What would some of you recommend to ensure minimal muscle loss? What sort of protein intake should I shoot for?

  2. Registered User
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    103035

    I would shoot for 197g. You should be fine since your not doing exercise.
  3. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    I'm on vacation this week and I know my nutrition is not going to be nearly as on point as when I'm home.

    I'll be lucky to get three meals a day.

    I'm around 197 pounds. What would some of you recommend to ensure minimal muscle loss? What sort of protein intake should I shoot for?

    You're not gonna lose any muscle in a week and I thought you were on vacation!. Why worry about such things?. Just relax and enjoy your vacation.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    103035

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You're not gonna lose any muscle in a week and I thought you were on vacation!. Why worry about such things?. Just relax and enjoy your vacation.
    This. T bone ftw
  5. Registered User
    broda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    750
    Rep Power
    24698

    Just enjoy your vacation! It's only one week.
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    Worrying about your diet during vacation will likely raise cortisol levels.
  7. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Worrying about your diet during vacation will likely raise cortisol levels.
    T-bone--you are a wise man. I'll heed all of your advice. Thanks for the feedback, gents.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How much protein do I need? Diet Advice Needed
    By want2lose in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:18 AM
  4. Testers needed for LG's {New} Protein!!!
    By Liftergym33 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 241
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. Cals, protein, carbs, fat amounts..! Help needed.
    By KrunkChris in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in