Peanut butter

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Peanut butter


    Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?

  2. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    If its in your macro and kCal range , nope.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Don't pay much attention to macros..... More concerned if the high fat content will slow down protein absorption .
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    So if you do not pay attention to macros why mind adding PB? Protein is just a macro , and if bro-science answers like: "You need to get your protein in ASAP after working out!! OH AND MAKE IT MUSCLE TECH to get it absorbed faster..." well this is not the forum for that ;D! Here in AM we mind macros , know that protein shakes is just a convenient way to fill in macros and kCals of the day !, but to answer your question , no it won't slow it down to a point that would matter anyway.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Name:  image-3670363431.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  492.3 KB

    Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
  6. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Name:  image-3670363431.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  492.3 KB

    Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
    Gave yah feedback :3 , but , NOT watching macros won't get you past 160lbs or pushing your strength further, but I guess that depends on goals and having had 6.9% bf myself I still much rather keep training for size and strength for now , so if u wanna act cool or intimidate me xD tough luck broski , I don't feel threatened by bro's with 160lb weight and tiny frame at 5'9" hehe , besides its all a matter of goals , if you wanna "stay shredded" year round its up to you ;p I rather only cut out when I feel like doing it.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Word
  8. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Word
    Hm...if its a bit of importance to you...if its natural kind and you throw in some carbs in it...and higher content leucine and hydrosolate protein , it does help for faster absorption , some friends like it with a banana, PB , bulk leucine , some casein and hydrosolates and the occasional ice cream scoop to help with the insulin spike and simple carbs...IMO, it just makes it taste f*cking good too..
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
  10. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
    Lol...you don't watch macros so f*ck it lol, the best way to take carbs IMO and with LG and CBL ideology is post workout and making them simple generates the insulin spike optimizing protein absorbtion , given that other pathways of stimulation for it are also there, like high leucine and hydrosolates , remembering to throw in a good ratio of whey and casein
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  11. Banned
    sidoious's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

    Name:  www.smartpowders.com screen capture 2012-6-11-10-33-34.png
Views: 304
Size:  12.9 KB
  12. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

    Name:  www.smartpowders.com screen capture 2012-6-11-10-33-34.png
Views: 304
Size:  12.9 KB
    So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  13. Banned
    sidoious's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    Yes I am.
  14. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    Yes I am.
    Okie doke then ^.^ To each his own hehe
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  15. Registered User
    Kingjake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    139742

    Yea I read somewhere that high fat foods like peanut butter when eaten with protein do slow the digestion of protein.
  16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,570
    Rep Power
    2410136

    Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    At chicks house...... Lol they wouldn't fit anyway!
  18. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    007 - your 160 lbs @ 5'9

    U look 190 with that density and those guns dude

    props
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  19. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Thanks bro!
  20. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,055
    Rep Power
    3298294

    Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

    Name:  www.smartpowders.com screen capture 2012-6-11-10-33-34.png
Views: 304
Size:  12.9 KB
    Wtf's the point in having peanut butter then... people eat peanut butter because its calorie dense, has good protein and good fats... defeats the purpose. Maybe you should post that up in a health and nutrition forum, not a BBing forum they might benefit from it as some people love peanut butter but hate the calories. Food For Thought.

    To answer OP's question, even if peanut butter does slow down protein absorption, it doesnt matter. Your body wont source the protein from your muscles (which I assume is why your asking?) as long as your macros are in check. Now, I did note that you said you dont watch your calorie intake which is fine but as long as you know your hittng your macros you will be fine.
  21. Registered User
    bomcgraw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    211

    Hell I eat peanut butter every chance I get. Sometimes post workout, usually before bed, and any other random time I think about it. My goal is to gain weight tho and I have a very high metabolism so I need everything I can get. It's an affordable way for me to get extra carbs since I run too and burn a lot.
  22. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,124
    Rep Power
    1131948

    Peanut butter owns and I use 2-3 tablespoons with 10 oz of vanilla greek yogurt, a banana, 2% milk, and ice twice a day. It helps you wake up like a champ when you eat it right before bed, too.
  23. Registered User
    omahaeight's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    30

    PB2 is great
  24. Registered User
    krakken's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Name:  image-3670363431.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  492.3 KB

    Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
    Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

    Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
  25. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

    I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  26. Registered User
    bomcgraw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

    I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
  27. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,340
    Rep Power
    2533509

    whether pb slows down digestion post workout is irrelevant
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    haha yuppp! That stuff is CRACK

    Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  29. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can polish off a whole jar of pb in one sitting!
  30. Registered User
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1164

    Quote Originally Posted by krakken

    Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

    Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
    Thanks bro!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.