Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Peanut butter

Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If its in your macro and kCal range , nope.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Don't pay much attention to macros..... More concerned if the high fat content will slow down protein absorption .
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

So if you do not pay attention to macros why mind adding PB? Protein is just a macro , and if bro-science answers like: "You need to get your protein in ASAP after working out!! OH AND MAKE IT MUSCLE TECH to get it absorbed faster..." well this is not the forum for that ;D! Here in AM we mind macros , know that protein shakes is just a convenient way to fill in macros and kCals of the day !, but to answer your question , no it won't slow it down to a point that would matter anyway.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Name:  image-3670363431.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  492.3 KB

Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post

Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
    Gave yah feedback :3 , but , NOT watching macros won't get you past 160lbs or pushing your strength further, but I guess that depends on goals and having had 6.9% bf myself I still much rather keep training for size and strength for now , so if u wanna act cool or intimidate me xD tough luck broski , I don't feel threatened by bro's with 160lb weight and tiny frame at 5'9" hehe , besides its all a matter of goals , if you wanna "stay shredded" year round its up to you ;p I rather only cut out when I feel like doing it.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Word
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Word
    Hm...if its a bit of importance to you...if its natural kind and you throw in some carbs in it...and higher content leucine and hydrosolate protein , it does help for faster absorption , some friends like it with a banana, PB , bulk leucine , some casein and hydrosolates and the occasional ice cream scoop to help with the insulin spike and simple carbs...IMO, it just makes it taste f*cking good too..
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
    Lol...you don't watch macros so f*ck it lol, the best way to take carbs IMO and with LG and CBL ideology is post workout and making them simple generates the insulin spike optimizing protein absorbtion , given that other pathways of stimulation for it are also there, like high leucine and hydrosolates , remembering to throw in a good ratio of whey and casein
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

Name:  www.smartpowders.com screen capture 2012-6-11-10-33-34.png
Views: 307
Size:  12.9 KB
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    Yes I am.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Yes I am.
    Okie doke then ^.^ To each his own hehe
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.97%

Yea I read somewhere that high fat foods like peanut butter when eaten with protein do slow the digestion of protein.
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    At chicks house...... Lol they wouldn't fit anyway!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.09%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

007 - your 160 lbs @ 5'9

U look 190 with that density and those guns dude

props
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Thanks bro!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Wtf's the point in having peanut butter then... people eat peanut butter because its calorie dense, has good protein and good fats... defeats the purpose. Maybe you should post that up in a health and nutrition forum, not a BBing forum they might benefit from it as some people love peanut butter but hate the calories. Food For Thought.

To answer OP's question, even if peanut butter does slow down protein absorption, it doesnt matter. Your body wont source the protein from your muscles (which I assume is why your asking?) as long as your macros are in check. Now, I did note that you said you dont watch your calorie intake which is fine but as long as you know your hittng your macros you will be fine.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

Hell I eat peanut butter every chance I get. Sometimes post workout, usually before bed, and any other random time I think about it. My goal is to gain weight tho and I have a very high metabolism so I need everything I can get. It's an affordable way for me to get extra carbs since I run too and burn a lot.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Peanut butter owns and I use 2-3 tablespoons with 10 oz of vanilla greek yogurt, a banana, 2% milk, and ice twice a day. It helps you wake up like a champ when you eat it right before bed, too.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%

PB2 is great
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.09%

Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.09%

Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

whether pb slows down digestion post workout is irrelevant
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.09%

haha yuppp! That stuff is CRACK

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can polish off a whole jar of pb in one sitting!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Quote Originally Posted by krakken

Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
    Thanks bro!
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.91%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    whether pb slows down digestion post workout is irrelevant

This
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    This
    i say that because meal timing is also irrelevant, from the avi pic it seems he's doing everything right to begin with
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.09%

I know this is the vogue mindset THESE Days but Im no certain I believe this anymore.

I think the PWO-window is over-exaggerated but not entirely BS

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i say that because meal timing is also irrelevant, from the avi pic it seems he's doing everything right to begin with
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.91%

I was agreeing with you
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

I'm no scholar or anything, but meal timing and regularity has worked well for me. Have I tried iIF or anything else..... No I like to eat often! I train fasted, so I really enjoy a immediate post workout meal. Is my eating protocol correct/ or the only way, I have no clue. I just love to lift and hear what has worked for you guys...... I'm a firm believer in bro science simply because it typically comes from trial and error as opposed to a flawed study or textbook.... I hope I haven't started anything, just stating my unprofessional opinion.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Damn here come the negs........
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.09%

DITTO

Everyone tries to subscribe to a popular mindset and one-size-fits-all mentality (I HAVE DONE THE SAME) and I have found it just doesnt work.

I tried the I-F regimine and hated it

I do much better with:

1) Training fasted in the AM
    2) NO/LOW Carbs at night
    3) 5 small meals (lean meat, healthy fats and veggies for the most part)
    4) Low carbs/Moderate Protein
    5) 1 binge/cheat meals (carb up) every 3rd or 4trh day (depends how strict I was on previous days)
    6) BCAA's out the wazoo pre/peri-post training
    7) Light Cardio at night
    8) Lots of greens

It's taken me YEARS to figure out what works FOR ME

Everyone should do the same

I have bought into and wasted my time on so much BS over the years

For me???
    PWO carbs is BS
    HIGH protein is BS (Im 220, I eat ~200 grams)
    Protein shakes suck
    Carbs make me FAT
    Fasted Training makes me feel like a million bucks
    Stims are over-rated for fat loss
    Many training methods are flat out RETARDED

Thats all for now

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I know this is the vogue mindset THESE Days but Im no certain I believe this anymore.

I think the PWO-window is over-exaggerated but not entirely BS
    I'm no scholar or anything, but meal timing and regularity has worked well for me. Have I tried iIF or anything else..... No I like to eat often! I train fasted, so I really enjoy a immediate post workout meal. Is my eating protocol correct/ or the only way, I have no clue. I just love to lift and hear what has worked for you guys...... I'm a firm believer in bro science simply because it typically comes from trial and error as opposed to a flawed study or textbook.... I hope I haven't started anything, just stating my unprofessional opinion.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

Couldn't have said it better bro! Our training and diet protocols are practically identical.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    DITTO

It's taken me YEARS to figure out WHAT WORKS FOR ME

Everyone should do the same
    ding ding ding. Everyone is different and what works for some, may not work for others. Hell, I am 38 and I don't know a single other person my age that could eat like I do and not get fat. lol
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.71%

Meal timing is irrelevant in terms of HOW you grow and replenishment of muscle glycogen stores etc. Before, timing was thought to be everything; if you didnt consume something within 30mins post exercise then the workout was not thought to be as productive. However this is proven to be seimi incorrect. Obviously personal preferences about when to eat are entirely up to you. But in terms of growth and gains, timing is not essential.

Some people respnd better to having food pre exercise, others do not. All this means, is that as long as you get in those macros (whenever suits you best, or whatever works for you) it doesnt matter.

200g of protein at 9am and 200g of protein at 9pm is still 200g of protein for that day. Meal timing is basically trying to get the most out of your workout, but we now know this isnt as essential.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM