Peanut butter

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Peanut butter

Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

If its in your macro and kCal range , nope.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Don't pay much attention to macros..... More concerned if the high fat content will slow down protein absorption .
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

So if you do not pay attention to macros why mind adding PB? Protein is just a macro , and if bro-science answers like: "You need to get your protein in ASAP after working out!! OH AND MAKE IT MUSCLE TECH to get it absorbed faster..." well this is not the forum for that ;D! Here in AM we mind macros , know that protein shakes is just a convenient way to fill in macros and kCals of the day !, but to answer your question , no it won't slow it down to a point that would matter anyway.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Name:  image-3670363431.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  492.3 KB

Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post

Sounds to me like your trying to be condescending........ Don't count macros and stay shredded year round! Just asking for opinions not negative feedback.
    Gave yah feedback :3 , but , NOT watching macros won't get you past 160lbs or pushing your strength further, but I guess that depends on goals and having had 6.9% bf myself I still much rather keep training for size and strength for now , so if u wanna act cool or intimidate me xD tough luck broski , I don't feel threatened by bro's with 160lb weight and tiny frame at 5'9" hehe , besides its all a matter of goals , if you wanna "stay shredded" year round its up to you ;p I rather only cut out when I feel like doing it.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Word
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Word
    Hm...if its a bit of importance to you...if its natural kind and you throw in some carbs in it...and higher content leucine and hydrosolate protein , it does help for faster absorption , some friends like it with a banana, PB , bulk leucine , some casein and hydrosolates and the occasional ice cream scoop to help with the insulin spike and simple carbs...IMO, it just makes it taste f*cking good too..
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Frozen bananas are what I use, but Ice cream does sound way good... Only problem is once I try that I'll probably get hooked.
    Lol...you don't watch macros so f*ck it lol, the best way to take carbs IMO and with LG and CBL ideology is post workout and making them simple generates the insulin spike optimizing protein absorbtion , given that other pathways of stimulation for it are also there, like high leucine and hydrosolates , remembering to throw in a good ratio of whey and casein
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

Name:  www.smartpowders.com screen capture 2012-6-11-10-33-34.png
Views: 304
Size:  12.9 KB
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    I'd recommend PB2 powdered peanut butter. Great tasting stuff with 85% less calories because they leave most of the fat and sugars out in the expelling process to powderize the peanut butter. Mixes and tastes well in shakes, smoothies, yogurt, etc. Awesome stuff!

So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    So you are basically recommending a powder that tastes like Peanut Butter only? With none of the properties and advantages of Mono-sat fats that PB poses, none of the protein it carries and only 5 grams of carbs which still has some sugar in it...At that point why not just buy Peanut Butter flavored Protein Powder ?...The importance of Peanut Butter is adding Healthy Fats and extra calories to a protein shake, while indulging on the added benefit of taste and consistency...With this "train of thought" you proposed of merely flavoring it , how is it better than buying (like aforementioned) a protein powder with said taste...beats the whole point IMO.
    Yes I am.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Yes I am.
    Okie doke then ^.^ To each his own hehe
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Yea I read somewhere that high fat foods like peanut butter when eaten with protein do slow the digestion of protein.
  16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Bras hanging on the bathroom door.
    At chicks house...... Lol they wouldn't fit anyway!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

007 - your 160 lbs @ 5'9

U look 190 with that density and those guns dude

props
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Thanks bro!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Wtf's the point in having peanut butter then... people eat peanut butter because its calorie dense, has good protein and good fats... defeats the purpose. Maybe you should post that up in a health and nutrition forum, not a BBing forum they might benefit from it as some people love peanut butter but hate the calories. Food For Thought.

To answer OP's question, even if peanut butter does slow down protein absorption, it doesnt matter. Your body wont source the protein from your muscles (which I assume is why your asking?) as long as your macros are in check. Now, I did note that you said you dont watch your calorie intake which is fine but as long as you know your hittng your macros you will be fine.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Hell I eat peanut butter every chance I get. Sometimes post workout, usually before bed, and any other random time I think about it. My goal is to gain weight tho and I have a very high metabolism so I need everything I can get. It's an affordable way for me to get extra carbs since I run too and burn a lot.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Peanut butter owns and I use 2-3 tablespoons with 10 oz of vanilla greek yogurt, a banana, 2% milk, and ice twice a day. It helps you wake up like a champ when you eat it right before bed, too.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

PB2 is great
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

whether pb slows down digestion post workout is irrelevant
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

haha yuppp! That stuff is CRACK

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Same here. When I realize I've ate that much I hide the jar in the pantry and hope my wife doesn't notice the new jar is empty haha.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can polish off a whole jar of pb in one sitting!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by krakken

Dude. Is it cold where your at ? lol... The bra joke too.. that's funny. Idk whether to take it as a compliment or a joke anymore when girls say I have bigger boobs than they do. Don't get any ideas guys, at 11% bf they are not man boobs.

Also, is it necessary to throw pb in your post shake? Like, does your shake taste like **** or what? Need more cals? If your trying to add more calories just wait a few hours later to eat some pb straight if your worried about it messing with protein absorption. Btw, props on the physique 007, looking shredded.
    Thanks bro!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM