Protein supplement free diet

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. For as long as I have lifted I have used protein powder in the morning, before workout, and after my workout. Since I now have three children, I really don't have too much in the way of money for supplements and haven't bought protein powder in awhile. Eggs I know to replace the morning powder and an hour, hour and a half before my workout 4 oz. deli turkey, milk, and 2 pieces of the country whole wheat bread. Post workout is where I am lost. I was thinking 8 oz tilapia plus the amount of fast carbs I need after I workout. Do I eat it as soon as I come in. Do I wait a half hour after my fast carbs. Thanks fellas.

K

ktekst

Awards
I would eat it right away but thats just my .02

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Just eat some grilled chicken, it's about the same, if not better.

Just cook a few for the week and eat them right away after the workout, slap some red hot on top and dig some olive oil in it, it's just great.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Just eat some grilled chicken, it's about the same, if not better.

Just cook a few for the week and eat them right away after the workout, slap some red hot on top and dig some olive oil in it, it's just great.
I need a new way to eat grilled chicken. I was so burnt out on it when I was single that I would melt american cheese on top of it just to give it some flavor. haha

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I coat chicken with a whole grain mustard and bake it .. nice flavor, bit of a crunchy crust .. you can use a Dijon also ..

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I also buy sliced meat from the deli .. turkey, pastrami, roast beast, chicken .. they got all sorts of flavors now .. roll it up with cheese and a dill pickle .. makes a nice no carb meal .. pickle adds crunch which is something I miss sometimes ..

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Thats what Ive been trying for lately. Lots of chicken breasts, steaks, ground beef. No argument, just means I can eat more

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Grilled chicken with parmesean cheese broiled

Grilled Chicken with Teriaky sauce on top of it, also broiled or just grilled

Grilled Chicken with hot sauce

Basil and chicken salad

Plenty of lovely ways to eat it!

Also, don't stop at chicken, 90/10 ground beef is fine as well, just grill that bad boy, toss cheese on top of it, blue cheese, cheddar, whatnot, and eat it. Or steaks. Etc.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Grilled chicken with parmesean cheese broiled

Grilled Chicken with Teriaky sauce on top of it, also broiled or just grilled

Grilled Chicken with hot sauce

Basil and chicken salad

Plenty of lovely ways to eat it!

Also, don't stop at chicken, 90/10 ground beef is fine as well, just grill that bad boy, toss cheese on top of it, blue cheese, cheddar, whatnot, and eat it. Or steaks. Etc.
You can do 90/10 after a workout? There was always this evil rumor that you shouldn't have copius amounts of fat after your workout. That's why I thought of Tilapia after my workout. I eat 93/7 ground beef and ground turkey every day. My diet isn't what it was when I was single. I just needed a whole food alternative for my post workout. You gave me great ways with chicken. Thank you sir. Why is fat ok? It sounds dumb but I've never had any right after a workout before. My diet always worked. As a single man I was pretty much 187 to 191 lbs at 7.5% bf. So I was scared to change it up. Having kids has forced me out of my fear haha. I am still getting adjusted. I'm at 197 and 12.5% right now. I need to tighten it a bit to lose a little fat, but a lot of times I can't. I'm just working my ass off to keep it relatively low. Thanks a lot.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the information guys. We have made a huge move to Texas over the last couple of years, getting our business established, so everything has not been smooth haha. So I appreciate all the help.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Surprised nobody mentioned ground turkey, I eat more of that then anything. Too much red meat gives me the shîts and too much chicken I start gagging trying to get it down no matter how I prepare it anymore. Ground turkey is the awesom. Check out my turkey chili recipe in my topics posted, it's fuking awesome!