Anyone else avoiding sucralose?

Originate

Awards
After finding out it is derived from sugar using solvents, and accidently discovered to be sweet, I am not sure I want to put this in my body. However, I REALLY enjoyed Jak3d and XTEND, and I would love to try CRAZE, but they (and just about all other powders) have sucralose and acesulfame-k. So, any opinions/ facts about sucralose, or alternatives? Or any idea how much is used in supps? I know theres pressed/pilled BCAAS but xtend is nice to sip on while working out, and thankfully CL's WB + GB come in pills (for anyone else hoping to cut back, fyi TP has natural sweetener options for protein)

Forge Fitness

Forge Fitness

Awards
I don't think its worth worrying too much about tbh, its a great way to add sweetness to products without causing an increase in calories, and a lot of great things have been discovered by accident, just because something is made in a lab shouldn't mean its bad for you.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
The FDA reviewed studies in human beings and animals and determined that sucralose did not pose carcinogenic, reproductive, or neurological risk to human beings. The only problem is there arent any long term studies but thats good enough for me

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I know there's other artificial sweeteners that are bad for you but I haven't heard much on that one. All our protein powders, PWOs and other supp drinks and foods have artificial sweeteners in them so its a pretty hard thing to stay away from in the fitness world. At least from a convenience stand point.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
A lil fyi thats is a lil disturbing..trichlorogalactosucrose is the actual name of the compound and heres the makeup trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sure doesn't sound like a healthy product

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[...] and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, [..]
What do you mean by the bolded part? Are you saying that's how sucralose is synthesized?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
that was just a copy paste.not good with nomenclature or anything for that matter bio related.lol