Marijuana and Working Out

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

GYNECOMASTIA
    Gynecomastia is defined as the accumulation of breast tissue in men and results from increases in the circulat- ing estrogen/androgen ratio.33 Marijuana has been asso- ciated with the development of gynecomastia in an early case series,but a case control study showed no association. Given the effects of marijuana on the HPG axis in males and the possibility that noncannabinoid components of marijuana smoke have affinity to the es- trogen receptor,6 an association with gynecomastia is plausible but has not been convincingly demonstrated.

Out of the millions and millions of users, it has never been directly linked. It is so inconclusive that I do find it hilarious. It might be Just me, but I know a lot of people personally and not that use. Of that, none have any mention of gyno.

MARIJUANA
    Marijuana use can cause or contribute to gynecomastia. The active ingredient in marijuana, called delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, has a number of effects on the brain and body. According to the College of Charleston, THC affects the reproductive system and circulating hormone levels.
    Men who regularly use marijuana may develop gynecomastia over time, since THC promotes the release of a hormone called prolactin from the pituitary gland. The University of California reports that prolactin signals for breast growth and milk production. Sustained high levels of prolactin as a result of regular THC exposure eventually lead to gynecomastia in some men. The University of Texas Health Science Center reports that between 10 and 25 percent of gynecomastia cases are caused by marijuana and other drug use.
    I call this complete bull****. The study would have to be so strictly controlled and monitored for all variables(variables: are anything that can effect the results of the study, ie, dna of individuals, diet, behavior, environment, stress, absolutly anything) which is next to impossible. Out of those minor numbers they could have been soy eaters or have a parasite or something undetected wrong with them changing hormones.
    Give me a break with this one.

There is NO proof that marijuana does anything negative other than short term mem loss. Long term users handle the high completely different then occasional smokers. And even more so if only used very minimal.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.

Not for or against, exactly. Used plenty and enjoyed a lot. The anti-inflammatory effects probably interfere with muscular hypertrophy. Can we at least ponder that?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokmog
    Not for or against, exactly. Used plenty and enjoyed a lot. The anti-inflammatory effects probably interfere with muscular hypertrophy. Can we at least ponder that?
    Really? Not worth the time. Imo, I use specifically for the anti inflammatory and pain purpose. Prescribed. I have been in the gym for about a month after a 4month break, I find my recovery has been astounding while recovering muscle memory. I cannot see how it can effect hypertrophy.

I know of quiet a few chronics that Lift and toke and believe what I am saying. I am not saying it does or doesn't. But I will say it allows me to relax my entire body, that to me seems like a benefit for muscle recovery.

Do you think it was JUST Arnold that was hitting those doobies outside the gym? Come on. It is not socially accepted, maybe the nowadays Pros do it too, it's non of our business!

Again, I have found and even bigger the medical field has found no ill effects of MJ use on the body. Why would they prescribe MJ to a fiber myalgia patient if it harmed muscle tissue in anyway?

It has too many benefits to the human body I won't even bother to list them. If you have an open mind you'll check it out yourselves.

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  159 lbs.

http://libertycrier.com/government/t...-never-funded/ This is very interesting. What everyone's opinion on this?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CJNator
    http://libertycrier.com/government/t...-never-funded/ This is very interesting. What everyone's opinion on this?
    Didn't mention anything relevant to working out. He says 10 studies but only 5 points have been made . Not relevant to working out.
    I would like to see a study on mj and hormones....wait...there are some that have been linked. No studies have been linked to DISPROVE the studies relating to hormones. Any further arguments about the effects on mj and working out should disprove the hormone related issues. If you just say" well I know plenty of people and they don't have low t " or "my t is Normal " that's invalid. I want someone to get stoned and take a blood test that day. Please share your results. Also have before work done too
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

You'll can make any valid points you want....but it only takes one joint to make me not give a sh*t about any of it. hahahaha
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical420 View Post
    [/b]

Out of the millions and millions of users, it has never been directly linked. It is so inconclusive that I do find it hilarious. It might be Just me, but I know a lot of people personally and not that use. Of that, none have any mention of gyno.

I call this complete bull****. The study would have to be so strictly controlled and monitored for all variables(variables: are anything that can effect the results of the study, ie, dna of individuals, diet, behavior, environment, stress, absolutly anything) which is next to impossible. Out of those minor numbers they could have been soy eaters or have a parasite or something undetected wrong with them changing hormones.
    Give me a break with this one.

There is NO proof that marijuana does anything negative other than short term mem loss. Long term users handle the high completely different then occasional smokers. And even more so if only used very minimal.

it is also damaging to your lungs, if you smoke it... i remember you mentioning that you cook with it so you would be exempt from this.... i found it interesting that they said pot can cause an increase in prolactin... i used to be a heavy smoker, i developed gyno..they ultimately found out i had a pituitary tumor (prolactin secreting) i dont know if the two are connected in any way but i just found it interesting
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chil

it is also damaging to your lungs, if you smoke it... i remember you mentioning that you cook with it so you would be exempt from this.... i found it interesting that they said pot can cause an increase in prolactin... i used to be a heavy smoker, i developed gyno..they ultimately found out i had a pituitary tumor (prolactin secreting) i dont know if the two are connected in any way but i just found it interesting
    You don't get gyno from mj.. You get it from either being overly fat, or doing either an oral or injectable cycle with poor pct. Which one of the three issues did you have, don't say mj man no offense butthat is absurd
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Last post for me.

Chili smoking has no baring on gyno, that is the topic ATM. I smoke and eat, and am fit and active. Your DIET while you smoked is what.altered your hormones. It's really simple. Blame it on the plant if you chose. But you are ridiculous.

I get blood taken EO month. Results are "perfect" according to my MD. It is an extensive check and proof enough for me. I work close with my doctor he explains and tells me the truth. As I do with this topic.

With every action there is a reaction. Most people that toke eat like fat slob idiots. Do that for too long and you disturb your natural balance. Bad foods cause imbalance -> complications ie GYNO and much much worse (cancer and other auto immune)

There is nothing Common about Common sense

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Last post for me.

Chili smoking has no baring on gyno, that is the topic ATM. I smoke and eat, and am fit and active. Your DIET while you smoked is what.altered your hormones. It's really simple. Blame it on the plant if you chose. But you are ridiculous.

I get blood taken EO month. Results are "perfect" according to my MD. It is an extensive check and proof enough for me. I work close with my doctor he explains and tells me the truth. As I do with this topic.

With every action there is a reaction. Most people that toke eat like fat slob idiots. Do that for too long and you disturb your natural balance. Bad foods cause imbalance -> complications ie GYNO and much much worse (cancer and other auto immune)

iPhone AM.com app
    Thankfully MJ has never once messed up my diet
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.

Cool Stay focused, Medical420.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokmog View Post
    Really? Not worth the time. Imo, I use specifically for the anti inflammatory and pain purpose. Prescribed. I have been in the gym for about a month after a 4month break, I find my recovery has been astounding while recovering muscle memory. I cannot see how it can effect hypertrophy.
    Ibuprofen, I believe (sorry, memory's shot, probably from smokin' way too much weed! (yes, that's a joke, I understand the memory thing is a kind of a myth (just short-term effects while high)), also inhibits muscle hypertrophy through anti-inflammation. This isn't about MJ, it's about the anti-inflammatory effects.

I know of quiet a few chronics that Lift and toke and believe what I am saying. I am not saying it does or doesn't. But I will say it allows me to relax my entire body, that to me seems like a benefit for muscle recovery.

Do you think it was JUST Arnold that was hitting those doobies outside the gym? Come on. It is not socially accepted, maybe the nowadays Pros do it too, it's non of our business!
    I don't think he advocated it for growth, however.

Again, I have found and even bigger the medical field has found no ill effects of MJ use on the body. Why would they prescribe MJ to a fiber myalgia patient if it harmed muscle tissue in anyway?
    I never said it harmed muscle tissue. Inflammation as a healthy, natural, productive stimulus for hyptertrophy, which marijuana, having amongst its medicinal effects, probably interferes with through that action. You need to show some clarity in your hyperdefensiveness of your chosen lifestyle, a lifestyle I have partaken of often enough not to be your adversary (yes, I smoked and lifted, but I had better results when I abstained during growth/strength cycles).

It has too many benefits to the human body I won't even bother to list them. If you have an open mind you'll check it out yourselves.
    Such as possible anti-cancer effects, and the harm to the lungs is another myth. Yes, I know. Good article at hufffington post on that.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Mont people have MJ problems due to overdosing...a MJ overdose wont kill you, but it will definitely cause extreme burnout. You wouldn't throw back a pint of alcohol in 5 minutes and not expect negative side effects, so why do it with MJ? if you have 3-5 good tokes from a spliff you are high enough to enjoy the euphoria and stay clearheaded without the nasty burnout afterwards. I have never had a problem this way lifting, studying, working, or running while high. I was always taught: "If you abuse Mary Jane, she WILL abuse you back."
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aluchez View Post
    Mont people have MJ problems due to overdosing...a MJ overdose wont kill you, but it will definitely cause extreme burnout. You wouldn't throw back a pint of alcohol in 5 minutes and not expect negative side effects, so why do it with MJ? if you have 3-5 good tokes from a spliff you are high enough to enjoy the euphoria and stay clearheaded without the nasty burnout afterwards. I have never had a problem this way lifting, studying, working, or running while high. I was always taught: "If you abuse Mary Jane, she WILL abuse you back."

Whatever you say........HIPPIE.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Last post for me.

iPhone AM.com app
    i never blamed it on the plant.....and it wasnt my diet so stop assuming it was and going off on rants about it.... i have a prolactinoma thats what gave me the gyno..... BUT marijuana stimulates prolactin production so how did i get a prolactin secreting tumor on my brain???? could have been those years i was smoking three blunts a day..... but who knows..i'll leave you to another rant now...ps stop adding your insulting comments " common sense isnt so common" it makes you look like an arrogant dumbass
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    You don't get gyno from mj.. You get it from either being overly fat, or doing either an oral or injectable cycle with poor pct. Which one of the three issues did you have, don't say mj man no offense butthat is absurd
    you can get it from puberity as well... so you can get gyno not just from fat or steroids but from ANYTHING tthat changes your hormones.......and i didnt have either three isssues i had a prolactin secreting tumor on my pituitary gland.... god your ignorant... do research before you and medical 420 start flaming people and crying that your wrong
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

marijuana studies related to hormones have been inconclusive. some say they reduce testosterone. others say that long term chronic use has no effect. others say it has a rapid but transient effect. i think the biggest issue with weed is lack of motivation and ruining your diet. better choice than alcohol all around if you have to leave reality every now and then.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold9487 View Post
    marijuana studies related to hormones have been inconclusive. some say they reduce testosterone. others say that long term chronic use has no effect. others say it has a rapid but transient effect. i think the biggest issue with weed is lack of motivation and ruining your diet. better choice than alcohol all around if you have to leave reality every now and then.
    What? How the hell does THC ruin a person's diet? It's a good appetite stimulant but when I used I ate very healthy. It actually increased motivation to experiment with foods/recipes and I had very healthy food cravings. And my lactation, while not as rich as cow's milk, was a very novel food ingredient, especially interesting because it came from my own body!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

What? How the hell does THC ruin a person's diet? It's a good appetite stimulant but when I used I ate very healthy. It actually increased motivation to experiment with foods/recipes and I had very healthy food cravings. And my lactation, while not as rich as cow's milk, was a very novel food ingredient, especially interesting because it came from my own body!
    sorry i didn't check in with your self-nipple sucking study of 1 before posting!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Show me your titties. Er...I mean its not normal for a male to lactate just sayin.if your a woman please reffer to the first sentence. I'm on my phone so can't tell 0.o
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Ok well you might be able to eat well but it varies from person to person. Plus how much are you smoking and how frequently?Again it varies from person to person. I don't see why anyone would want to get high and workout
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  232 lbs.

Personally every time I do toke up, i have a glorious sleep that night. That's a one more benefit I would assume ...?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1 View Post
    Personally every time I do toke up, i have a glorious sleep that night. That's a one more benefit I would assume ...?
    When I did it later in the evening, if it was too close to bed time I couldn't sleep. It was very stimulating. If I'd toked up several times that day it depleted my neurotransmitters (or something) and the stimulation was not so bad as to interfere with sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Ok well you might be able to eat well but it varies from person to person. Plus how much are you smoking and how frequently?Again it varies from person to person. I don't see why anyone would want to get high and workout
    It's a psychoactive. It seems to bring out what we already are. Psychological differences may become more pronounced, hence the complexity of psychological effects between people.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Show me your titties. Er...I mean its not normal for a male to lactate just sayin.if your a woman please reffer to the first sentence. I'm on my phone so can't tell 0.o
    I'm playing with the medical quote a few posts back, about prolactin.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold9487 View Post
    sorry i didn't check in with your self-nipple sucking study of 1 before posting!
    My nipples aren't long enough, that would be some pretty awesome gynecomastia!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I'm a total pothead, smoke all day everyday, hell I usually burn one preworkout hasn't seemed to slow me down any , now my weed guy going to jail has slowed me down some
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

When I did it later in the evening, if it was too close to bed time I couldn't sleep. It was very stimulating. If I'd toked up several times that day it depleted my neurotransmitters (or something) and the stimulation was not so bad as to interfere with sleep.

It's a psychoactive. It seems to bring out what we already are. Psychological differences may become more pronounced, hence the complexity of psychological effects between people.

I'm playing with the medical quote a few posts back, about prolactin.

My nipples aren't long enough, that would be some pretty awesome gynecomastia!
    tits or nothing.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

If Amendment 64 passes, I'm moving to Colorado and no not just because of that, I want to move there for other reasons to, that would just be another great reason to move there.
  27. Registered User

I am no way hating on smoking as I myself smoked weed for 5+years some years heavier than others the past 2 years, however due to moving out on my own really picked up. I'm talking I wake up smoke a bowl eat breakfast smoke a bowl or 2 watch tv smoke a bowl during my show eat lunch smoke a bowl have friends over smoke a blunt then go work out a few hours after then the rest of the night spent smoking endless bowls and vaporizing a ton of weed everyday! Not a single day would be different I supported weed and still do! However after recently ending up in the hospital with various health problems I stopped smoking cold turkey. Look at the effects of withdraw, anxiety restless nights no appetite and I'm telling you they are getting the best of me. It has been almost 8 months and I am starting to feel better however I get dizzy spells and mild anxiety to this day I quit my job, i hardly hang out with my friends any more, and I literally go to the gym then come home now a days I'm almost to scared to go out, I'm not sharing my story to scare anyone or try to change any ones mind I just want to warn people out there enjoy the herb, but don't let it run your life like it did mine dont let it get the best of you and as much as you enjoy it don't do it everyday for long periods of time if I can help one person out with my story then this 15 minutes I spent writing this would be worth it. Everyone enjoy and god bless
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flaboy727 View Post
    I am no way hating on smoking as I myself smoked weed for 5+years some years heavier than others the past 2 years, however due to moving out on my own really picked up. I'm talking I wake up smoke a bowl eat breakfast smoke a bowl or 2 watch tv smoke a bowl during my show eat lunch smoke a bowl have friends over smoke a blunt then go work out a few hours after then the rest of the night spent smoking endless bowls and vaporizing a ton of weed everyday! Not a single day would be different I supported weed and still do! However after recently ending up in the hospital with various health problems I stopped smoking cold turkey. Look at the effects of withdraw, anxiety restless nights no appetite and I'm telling you they are getting the best of me. It has been almost 8 months and I am starting to feel better however I get dizzy spells and mild anxiety to this day I quit my job, i hardly hang out with my friends any more, and I literally go to the gym then come home now a days I'm almost to scared to go out, I'm not sharing my story to scare anyone or try to change any ones mind I just want to warn people out there enjoy the herb, but don't let it run your life like it did mine dont let it get the best of you and as much as you enjoy it don't do it everyday for long periods of time if I can help one person out with my story then this 15 minutes I spent writing this would be worth it. Everyone enjoy and god bless
    Sorry to here about those problems man. Like anything else weed will effect people differently. For me the only thing bad is I'll have a slight headache the next day for afew hours. Weed makes it so I can just go and socialize without feeling anxiety. Basically weed helps me get laid.
  29. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD

Sorry to here about those problems man. Like anything else weed will effect people differently. For me the only thing bad is I'll have a slight headache the next day for afew hours. Weed makes it so I can just go and socialize without feeling anxiety. Basically weed helps me get laid.
    In every way it did the same for me lol especially being known for the guy that had the good **** lol I'm just saying coming off of it is a bitch
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flaboy727 View Post
    In every way it did the same for me lol especially being known for the guy that had the good **** lol I'm just saying coming off of it is a bitch
    Oh well yeah, but I can handle it, coming off of it for me when my high wears off I feel depressed for about 2 hours not super depressed but sad, but it passes after 2 hours.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

coming off weed aint sh1t, I used to bang close to gram of h a day comin off that sh1t is not only a bitch its the worst kind of hell you can imagine goin on 6 years clean
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    coming off weed aint sh1t, I used to bang close to gram of h a day comin off that sh1t is not only a bitch its the worst kind of hell you can imagine goin on 6 years clean
    Yeah, I have aspergers though, so weed really helps me with talking to women. When I'm high, I am mellow and calm and laid back, so when I'm high I'm the man I wish I was sober.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD

Yeah, I have aspergers though, so weed really helps me with talking to women. When I'm high, I am mellow and calm and laid back, so when I'm high I'm the man I wish I was sober.
    Like wise. It helps me with my anxiety and ADHD for females.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.

Having been a chronic pot smoker for years, I thought I would come here, and from the years or experience that I have, pontificate upon the topic at hand with all the verbiage I could muster through the haze that is purple and boy do my fingers look funny as I am typing this, sort of like two units of the Rockets dancing on my qwerty keyboard, qwerty, that is a funny name, and you know what else is funny, is the squirrel outside my window an my cat's tail swishing back and forth, and my fingers dancing in time... um what was I talking about. Oh yeah, the years of experience I have as a pot smoker means that I am quite able to answer the question if I could only remember what the question was.

Peace
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    Having been a chronic pot smoker for years, I thought I would come here, and from the years or experience that I have, pontificate upon the topic at hand with all the verbiage I could muster through the haze that is purple and boy do my fingers look funny as I am typing this, sort of like two units of the Rockets dancing on my qwerty keyboard, qwerty, that is a funny name, and you know what else is funny, is the squirrel outside my window an my cat's tail swishing back and forth, and my fingers dancing in time... um what was I talking about. Oh yeah, the years of experience I have as a pot smoker means that I am quite able to answer the question if I could only remember what the question was.

Peace
    Well said ..well said
  36. Registered User

I personally only read half of the thread. My first post as well. I'm new to all this so don't bash me! I smoke weed a few times a month when every I'm with my buddies, and I always feel great like I took a great preworkout. I end up doing push ups or pull ups most of the time when we are just sitting around and I usually can do more than when I'm at the gym. I always wanted to see what it's like to workout high, I plan on trying it sometime soon. I know there is many technical facts about weed, but everyone reacts different to tooking. All my opinion no facts here.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geffre_J View Post
    I personally only read half of the thread. My first post as well. I'm new to all this so don't bash me! I smoke weed a few times a month when every I'm with my buddies, and I always feel great like I took a great preworkout. I end up doing push ups or pull ups most of the time when we are just sitting around and I usually can do more than when I'm at the gym. I always wanted to see what it's like to workout high, I plan on trying it sometime soon. I know there is many technical facts about weed, but everyone reacts different to tooking. All my opinion no facts here.
    Some people say they can focus more, i'm the opposite, cannot smoke before training, I get too tired and just can't amp myself up.

Nothing bad to say about anyone that does though

Edit:: I guess I technically could before some LISS cardio.
    Not before weight training or HIIT
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Marijuana use... a sin?
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
  2. Marijuana???
    By bishop17 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
  3. M1T and marijuana