Cinnamon

1. Cinnamon

I really enjoy adding ground cinnamon to my post workout shake. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this? The reason I ask is because I believe it affects blood sugar....

2. After training, insulin sensitivity is already good, cinnamon drops the insulin load of the food, but you want the insulin effect to kick start repair/growth/anabolism.
    Try it (if you want) and give it a good 1month, if not working, take it out and Assess
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

3. Well said, thanks bro. I'm probably best just using it in my post cardio shake.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    After training, insulin sensitivity is already good, cinnamon drops the insulin load of the food, but you want the insulin effect to kick start repair/growth/anabolism.
    Try it (if you want) and give it a good 1month, if not working, take it out and Assess
    Wow. This aussie knows what he's talking about. Great info on the cinnamon. Repped

5. I've found that cinnamon makes me run to the toilet within 30 minutes of ingestion. Cinnamon extract in glycobol, no-explode, or even cinnamon added to my coffee at Starbucks has this effect.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1

Wow. This aussie knows what he's talking about. Great info on the cinnamon. Repped
    Thanks man. That's why we are here. Learn
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

7. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1

Thanks man. That's why we are here. Learn
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

8. cinnamon has some positive health benefits that probably outweigh the probably very minor impact it could have in hindering muscle growth

9. like for those who are insulin resistant, this helps break down the process. like runner_79 said it works wonders for your intake.

10. Quote Originally Posted by djdarklyceum
    like for those who are insulin resistant, this helps break down the process. like runner_79 said it works wonders for your intake.
    Mike Mahler did a report on SHR. 1 metric teaspoon (actual measured) is the right dosage. Name is Chris. And no probs...

-Chris
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -