gaining weight

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%

gaining weight

why was I gaining weight eating 2 sh!tty meals a day? I know my maintenance is around 2400 calories or something, but the past couple years ive never eaten breakfast had some french fries sh!t thats like 800 cals and probably ordered something else later that i didnt finish. probably totaling around like 2000 calories if that. i know they are all empty but how does that put so much fat on? i gained like 40lbs a year. I drink a lot of water and juice too no soda or anything maybe gatorade wtf

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%

Most likely:

1.) Overestimating maintenance calories
    2.) Underestimating total caloric intake

Or, if you subscribe to the whole a calorie isn't a calorie philosophy, it's probably partly because you're eating junk on a consistent basis.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by con artizst View Post
    why was I gaining weight eating 2 sh!tty meals a day? I know my maintenance is around 2400 calories or something, but the past couple years ive never eaten breakfast had some french fries sh!t thats like 800 cals and probably ordered something else later that i didnt finish. probably totaling around like 2000 calories if that. i know they are all empty but how does that put so much fat on? i gained like 40lbs a year. I drink a lot of water and juice too no soda or anything maybe gatorade wtf
    I highly doubt you gained 40lbs eating only 1 order of french fries only and half a fast food meal every day, day in and day out.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%

Ok maybe not 40lbs a year more like 20-30. But still.. any time I've calculated my cals and macros its never under 2500 for my size/age. And I'm using the bodyfat method.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by con artizst View Post
    Ok maybe not 40lbs a year more like 20-30. But still.. any time I've calculated my cals and macros its never under 2500 for my size/age. And I'm using the bodyfat method.
    I've had similar problem with estimating calories. I spent a week measuring and really tracking and realized how much fat I was eating. My numbers were way below what I expected. salad at applebees can be as high as 1200 calories, something I would jave not guessed
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.36%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by fadi

I've had similar problem with estimating calories. I spent a week measuring and really tracking and realized how much fat I was eating. My numbers were way below what I expected. salad at applebees can be as high as 1200 calories, something I would jave not guessed
    Some people can eat McDs 3 times a day, they say if they burn it off they're good.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Some people can eat McDs 3 times a day, they say if they burn it off they're good.
    Can yes, but they don't. They may do it for a day or do, then go back to normal eating habits which in the end, averages around their maintenance intake.
    Stats
    5'5"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%

I have the same problems, nice thread
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.21%

cause you aren't counting the calories properly. there are a lot of hidden calories when you eat out.. also juice has calories and you're likely drinking multiple servings at a time. people also who claim to eat only two meals a day, don't like to count the snacks they sneak in throughout the day. You should log everything you eat and everything you drink for a few days to a week.. and then take the time to accurately get a count on your daily intake of calories
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by alexoc949
    cause you aren't counting the calories properly. there are a lot of hidden calories when you eat out.. also juice has calories and you're likely drinking multiple servings at a time. people also who claim to eat only two meals a day, don't like to count the snacks they sneak in throughout the day. You should log everything you eat and everything you drink for a few days to a week.. and then take the time to accurately get a count on your daily intake of calories
    Yeah this exactly .....soda and juice etc contain hundreds upon hundreds of cals ......and my mother figured out her picking/snacking was why she never lost weight or gained....those are the two major culprits right there. Nobody wants to take the time to count shyt and just assume everything is either calorie free or of negligible caloric value. Stubborn people
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i've had great weightloss in a short time eating zebra cakes .

You will love this article :

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

and excerpt :

(CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.
    For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.
    His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.
    The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.93%

eat every 2 hours and make sure they are clean meals. this will keep your metabolism firing throughout the day.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Well yeah, the premise of calories in vs calories out is the determining factor in weight loss........BUT you will look like absolute shyt as far as lean muscle goes eating carb/sugar/fat filled cakes that are devoid of protein! for women that might just work, since they don't care so much about what weight they lose or if they have any muscle mass.....but even then? its not healthy....so there are numerous problems with that method. but hey, the core principle is correct....if you ate 1,600 cals of little debbie or twinkies a day and you needed 2,200 to maintain your weight? I suppose you'd lose some serious weight in due time. so not good for mens physiques, and not healthy for any human.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.93%

true
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195909-pes-erase-pro.html#post3269880
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Sounds very complicated. I pride myself on not doing "metal gymnastics". When you make "eating" that difficult sometimes you avoid food as a whole. Just make sure THIS doesn't happen and just try to eat as well as you can and as often as possible. No such thing as "perfect" meals and "perfect" protein shakes. Just do what you can.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  60 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.86%

helpful thread !!
    You come in peace, but you go back in pieces
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level