Detox

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Detox


    I'm looking for a good 1 week detox. I'm never impressed with the 1 day drinks like Qcarb. Has anyone tried "the cleaner" ?

    I tried raw seriously puked from 3rd step... That's the first time ever the taste/smell of something has made me gag... That says a lot.

    Anyways any feedback on detoxes anyone has tried would be helpful thanks!

  2. Registered User
    Gokmog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    504

    Don't know what 3rd step is. While you're interested in detoxification have you looked into liver/gallbladder cleansing?
  3. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Why are you trying to "detox"?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Why are you trying to "detox"?
    Good to cleanse ur body every 6 months. Kinda like a flush/tune up
  5. Registered User
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    2247

    you should look at spirulina and chlorella.

    those are two awesome supps that detox. might take longer than a week, but it will be worth it to knock down a container

    plus chlorella and spirulina actually have hundreds if not thousands of articles and studies done showing its effectiveness
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  6. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    I kno wat u recommended is great for daily use. I also take goldenseal and milk thistle and fiber supplements to help with a daily cleansing. But I still find that since I'm not a perfect eater that it's nice to detox twice a year. I do notice the difference in how I feel and how my body runs.

    So i kinda am looking for a good detox that kinda covers everything... Colon, lung, kidney, liver, and parasites...

    And I also take probiotic supplements to replenish any of the good bacteria that may have been flushed from my system in the process
  7. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Juice fast for 7-10 days. By juice I'm talking about juice fresh fruit n veggies. No caffeine no salt. Just juiced fruits n veggies. All these other supplement cleansers detoxers are whack. The answer is fruits veggies n herbs.

    What the juice fast does is pretty much reboot ur whole system so I think this what ur looking for. You may feel like crap first couple days but that's normal your detoxing after all. After 7-10 days you'll feel like new person. More clear minded, less stressed just an over all great feeling of well being.

    I really recommend juicing once day after detox as well.
  8. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more
    Juice fast for 7-10 days. By juice I'm talking about juice fresh fruit n veggies. No caffeine no salt. Just juiced fruits n veggies. All these other supplement cleansers detoxers are whack. The answer is fruits veggies n herbs.

    What the juice fast does is pretty much reboot ur whole system so I think this what ur looking for. You may feel like crap first couple days but that's normal your detoxing after all. After 7-10 days you'll feel like new person. More clear minded, less stressed just an over all great feeling of well being.

    I really recommend juicing once day after detox as well.
    Hmmmmm I may try this... Need a juicer tho... My blender is horrible! I should just get rid of it (but it's my roomies)

    What fruits/veggies/herbs do u recommend? Also how many "shakes" a day? Lastly what about protein intake for the day? (I do have some elite vanilla protein powder)

    I'm hypoglycemic so I really have I b careful with any type of diet/fasting or my blood sugar may abruptly crash n I black out.

    Thanks!
  9. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex

    Hmmmmm I may try this... Need a juicer tho... My blender is horrible! I should just get rid of it (but it's my roomies)

    What fruits/veggies/herbs do u recommend? Also how many "shakes" a day? Lastly what about protein intake for the day? (I do have some elite vanilla protein powder)

    I'm hypoglycemic so I really have I b careful with any type of diet/fasting or my blood sugar may abruptly crash n I black out.

    Thanks!
    Yea you'd wanna buy a juicer. Blending leaves the fiber in it which is more work for you digestive system. As far as protein I wouldn't have any. It will mess up the fast. No dairy, meat, sugar nothing but fruits n veggies. As far a recipes just Google it. There are so many out there. Every time o juice i honestly just free style it. But something simple would be 1 apple 1 orange, half lemon, half bunch of kale, 3 celery stalks, 1/4 cuccomber. And that will make you good bit of juice.Also you can have as much as you want. So I would worry bout ur sugar being low. Best wishes mate.
  10. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more

    Yea you'd wanna buy a juicer. Blending leaves the fiber in it which is more work for you digestive system. As far as protein I wouldn't have any. It will mess up the fast. No dairy, meat, sugar nothing but fruits n veggies. As far a recipes just Google it. There are so many out there. Every time o juice i honestly just free style it. But something simple would be 1 apple 1 orange, half lemon, half bunch of kale, 3 celery stalks, 1/4 cuccomber. And that will make you good bit of juice.Also you can have as much as you want. So I would worry bout ur sugar being low. Best wishes mate.
    Thanks! I'll look for a juicer. Ooooo kale never had kale juice before. I hope my grocery has everything I want tho in the veggie/greens department. I'm kinda in a small country town :/

    Thanks man!
  11. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Bought myself a juicer! I think I may need a mini fridge for all the fruits n veggies I may need (unless I plan on shopping every 2-3 days)

    Hey anyone ever read the juice master's books? Wondering if they r worth buying...
  12. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex
    Bought myself a juicer! I think I may need a mini fridge for all the fruits n veggies I may need (unless I plan on shopping every 2-3 days)

    Hey anyone ever read the juice master's books? Wondering if they r worth buying...
    I haven't read it
  13. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    This is when I wish I had a kitchen n fridge stocked like on a food network show... "now let me just go to the fridge and grab some kale and cucumbers... Mixed berries... Ah n here they are!" : P
  14. Registered User
    staple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    245

    I know you just got a juicer, but if it's not a breville keep that name in mind for your next one. awesome.
  15. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by staple
    I know you just got a juicer, but if it's not a breville keep that name in mind for your next one. awesome.
    I actually had gotten a ninja which said it had juicing capabilities.... Which was cool. Blender. Food processor. And juicer... Then I opened it up... No juicing applicator... Which was crap. I don't want smoothies with all the pulp : P so I got a jack lalanne. Which has great reviews so we shall see... But I'll def keep that name in mind next. R they expensive?
  16. Banned
    christine123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  120 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    I've tried a one month detox with the help of green smoothies.. it gives me the feeling of goodness.. cleanses the liver and giving my skin looks so young..
  17. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    I finally got juicer today from ups excited to make a carrot, kale, apple, & cucumber juice with maybe some Italian parsley...

    My liver def needs a good detox. I don't have the best liver after being seriously sick when I was 19.

    I just hope with this juice diet/detox for 7-10 days I'll get enough protein and carbs so I won't he sugar crashes n randomly black out. Joys of wing hypoglycemic. Ur fine one sex. Next sec sugar plummets : P
  18. Registered User
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ErgoPumped
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89660

    ive been wanting to get a juicer myself to do a once a month juice fest good read
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  19. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer
    ive been wanting to get a juicer myself to do a once a month juice fest good read
    I love my juicer altho they r more difficult to clean than blenders which is not fun. But worth the results. U def can get some good deals online.
  20. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex

    I love my juicer altho they r more difficult to clean than blenders which is not fun. But worth the results. U def can get some good deals online.
    Glad ur liking it. Just a tip to rinse it out with hot water right a way in scrub lil n ur done . Then do a thorough cleaning like once a week.
  21. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more

    Glad ur liking it. Just a tip to rinse it out with hot water right a way in scrub lil n ur done . Then do a thorough cleaning like once a week.
    Man the pulp n stuff gets everywhere! Almost just wanna take it out back n give it a good spray down with the hose :P but the cleanup is def worth the results. Gotta find more recipes!
  22. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Oh btw I had done a week detox wit the cleaner. And besides the very obvious colon cleansing... I do not feel any different. I've done detoxes before and with colon cleansing I kno the obvious is expected but with the cleaner... It was sudden intense G.I. Pains. Def had to drink more water (more than my typical gallon a day) because I felt dehydrated.

    Anyways... Great ingredients. And if ur looking for a thorough colon cleaner and u don't mind taking 4 capsules 2x a day this is for u. But otherwise not a good overall cleanser...

    Definitely will stick to my juice cleansing. Gonna take a break and try n replenish my body cuz I don't feel like my body has gotten much out of my diet the last week :S
  23. Registered User
    anoopbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    13080

    Detox doesn't do much. Things like colon cleansing are just complete bogus. There is some sense to drinking vegetable and fruit juices once in a while though.

    Check this article please:

    Detox Diets and Cleansing Diets: Do They Work?
  24. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    read ur article. I must agree... some "detox" are bogus... that chinese foot pad thing... even if it does have some detoxing properties I doubt it has anything significant that can be pulled from ur capillaries in ur skin... or the one day drink detoxes... besides having the runs for a day... not sure it really makes a diff in ur body. or the lemonade detox or whatever that's called... yeah I dont know how anyone can survive on that for 7-10 days since u are depriving ur body of practically EVERYTHING it needs.

    as for colon cleansing... I do agree there are something we eat that our body cannot fully break down and sometimes gets stuck in our G.I. track. for example... TABLETS! I void taking supplements in tablet form. many are heat compressed to fit as much of the supplement into 1 tablet, especially since people dont like taking more than one tablet. i know not everyone, but when I was in a supplement store... people were always like "2 tablets a day for a multivitamin... no way. im just going to go with the one a day" which not only doesnt have the amount ur body really needs, but also ur body wont be able to absorb everything in the one tablet because it cannot break it down... then u get shards of tablets stuck in ur GI track sometimes... not a pleasant image. and obviously this doesnt simply apply to tablets that we stick in our mouth.

    also Im a big believer in herbal supplements for improving organ function. as for juice detox... yes obviously if ur not gettin the calories, carbs, or protein, or fat in ur daily diet u will lose weight... but my goal is not to lose weight with a detox. just help get rid of any unwanted "substances" if you will to help my body run more smoothly.
  25. Registered User
    anoopbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    13080

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex View Post
    read ur article. I must agree... some "detox" are bogus... that chinese foot pad thing... even if it does have some detoxing properties I doubt it has anything significant that can be pulled from ur capillaries in ur skin... or the one day drink detoxes... besides having the runs for a day... not sure it really makes a diff in ur body. or the lemonade detox or whatever that's called... yeah I dont know how anyone can survive on that for 7-10 days since u are depriving ur body of practically EVERYTHING it needs.

    as for colon cleansing... I do agree there are something we eat that our body cannot fully break down and sometimes gets stuck in our G.I. track. for example... TABLETS! I void taking supplements in tablet form. many are heat compressed to fit as much of the supplement into 1 tablet, especially since people dont like taking more than one tablet. i know not everyone, but when I was in a supplement store... people were always like "2 tablets a day for a multivitamin... no way. im just going to go with the one a day" which not only doesnt have the amount ur body really needs, but also ur body wont be able to absorb everything in the one tablet because it cannot break it down... then u get shards of tablets stuck in ur GI track sometimes... not a pleasant image. and obviously this doesnt simply apply to tablets that we stick in our mouth.

    also Im a big believer in herbal supplements for improving organ function. as for juice detox... yes obviously if ur not gettin the calories, carbs, or protein, or fat in ur daily diet u will lose weight... but my goal is not to lose weight with a detox. just help get rid of any unwanted "substances" if you will to help my body run more smoothly.
    Hi Jessel,

    You seem to be a lot more rational than most detox people i have come across. So keep up the skeptical thinking!

    I think we all thing that things get stuck in your GI and there are these unwanted substances. But it is not true.

    I want you to read these two articles:
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ng-of-science/
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...colon-cleanse/
  26. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Detoxification is real, and its not pointless. To understand why we need to detox u need to first understand a couple things. Ill try to make this as short as I can.

    First humans aren't design to be carnivores. When u rid ur body of excess waste that's been built up from years and years if the western diet.. high fat, high sodium, high diary, high simple refined carbs with natural methods u restart ur body persay. Allowing it to opporate as its designed. The pancreas is then not over worked and stressed and can do what is does when its not processing meats and diary through ur intestinal tract. It can fight disease! Or bodies are really an amazing thing. And food is also amazing. When u eat the right foods ur body will function properly.

    U have to ask urself why do people who we consider indigenous, who have been living the same way thousands of years with no "medical" of scientific advancments not get sick like we do?

    Ill leave u with one last thought. There was a study done in China, that was documented over 20 years maybe more ill have to look it up. It documents cancer mortality rates. The studies proved that the areas where a plant based diet had a significant and substantial lower cancer rate.

    So is a detox with natural fruits and vegetables necessary yes!
  27. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Detoxification is real, and its not pointless. To understand why we need to detox u need to first understand a couple things. Ill try to make this as short as I can.

    First humans aren't design to be carnivores.
    yes we are

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    There was a study done in China, that was documented over 20 years maybe more ill have to look it up. It documents cancer mortality rates. The studies proved that the areas where a plant based diet had a significant and substantial lower cancer rate.
    the china study proves absolutely nothing. If you care to search my post I have commented on it several times.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    So is a detox with natural fruits and vegetables necessary yes!
    No
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  28. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Couldn't find any your post. but to say we are ment to eat meat, and to say the China study doesn't prove anything that just sounds not to be a dbag but single minded. When u combined the results from the China study with, the lab test showing that cancer growth increases with diary proteins and decreases with no diary and a plant based diet how can anything u say have a valid point. The facts all right I'm front on us. We just don't want it to be the truth.

    Not even mentioned the countless documented cures of disease just by switching to plant based diet organic diet.

    Medical science can't even cure the common cold. Yet people how are considered to just be "hippie" naturalist are curing cancer with food and the gerson therapy..
  29. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

    yes we are

    the china study proves absolutely nothing. If you care to search my post I have commented on it several times.

    No
    I'm open to hearing why u feel this way. I'm no vegan LOL trust me. But I do believe that's the healthiest way to live.
  30. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Couldn't find any your post. but to say we are ment to eat meat, and to say the China study doesn't prove anything that just sounds not to be a dbag but single minded. When u combined the results from the China study with, the lab test showing that cancer growth increases with diary proteins and decreases with no diary and a plant based diet how can anything u say have a valid point. The facts all right I'm front on us. We just don't want it to be the truth.
    See below

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    While I am not familiar with that documentary I do know the "study" you are referring to.

    There were several flaws in Campbell’s analytical methods. He ignored any study that demonstrated anything counter to his claims and cherry-picked references to support his claims (many of which don't even support the claims he tries to make)

    Basically he tried to correlate cancer with cholesterol, associate cholesterol with animal protein, and attempt to lead the reader into inferring animal protein associates with cancer. He never once cites a direct correlation between cancer and animal protein consumption. Instead what he did was add in a third variable (cholesterol) into the mix. Now while plasma cholesterol correlates positively with animal protein consumption and negatively with plant protein consumption, it isn't to the extent Cambell leads you to believe. When you actually track down the direct correlation between animal protein and cancer you discover there is no statistically significant positive trend to be found.

    Animal protein intake has the following correlations with cancers:
    Lymphoma: -18
    Penis cancer: -16
    Rectal cancer: -12
    Bladder cancer: -9
    Colorectal cancer: -8
    Leukemia: -5
    Nasopharyngeal: -4
    Cervix cancer: -4
    Colon cancer: -3
    Liver cancer: -3
    Oesophageal cancer: +2
    Brain cancer: +5
    Breast cancer: +12

    Now look at the cancer correlations with “plant protein intake”:
    Brain cancer: -15
    Liver cancer: -14
    Penis cancer: -4
    Lymphoma: -4
    Bladder cancer: -3
    Breast cancer: +1
    Stomach cancer: +10
    Rectal cancer: +12
    Cervix cancer: +12
    Colon cancer: +13
    Leukemia: +15
    Oesophageal cancer +18
    Colorectal cancer: +19

    As you can see with animal protein consumption most of the correlations are negative and none of them reach a statistical significance. However what you do see is a positive correlation with plant protein and cancers. In fact, when we look solely at the variable “death from all cancers,” the association with plant protein is +12. With animal protein, it’s only +3. Hardly evidence against animal protein.

    In the "China Study" Cambell repeatedly distorts facts and chooses to leave relatively important information out of it. He tries to show a link between animal protein and cardiovascular disease (correlation of +1 for animal protein and -11 for fish protein), yet fails to bring up wheat flour has a correlation of +67 with heart attacks and coronary heart disease, and plant protein correlates at +25 with these conditions. He leaves out the correlations wheat has to cervix cancer (+46), with hypertensive heart disease (+54), with stroke (+47), with diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs (+41), and the +67 with myocardial infarction and coronary heart disease. Why does Campbell point out the relationship between cholesterol and colorectal cancer (+33) but does not mention the much higher relationship between sea vegetables and colorectal cancer (+76)?? It is pretty obvious he is attempt to create misleading correlations to further push a result he has already determined to be there before any of the research was actually done. Or in other words he is obviously pushing his own agenda with the study.

    When you actually look at the evidence it takes a HUGE leap in logic to link animal products with disease by way of blood cholesterol when the animal products themselves don’t correlate with those diseases. “The China Study” is nothing more than a collection of carefully chosen data and assembled in a way to sell you the authors preconceived reality.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    I'm open to hearing why u feel this way. I'm no vegan LOL trust me. But I do believe that's the healthiest way to live.
    Being a vegan isnt intrinsticly healthier for you.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  32. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258611

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex View Post
    Hmmmmm I may try this... Need a juicer tho... My blender is horrible! I should just get rid of it (but it's my roomies)

    What fruits/veggies/herbs do u recommend? Also how many "shakes" a day? Lastly what about protein intake for the day? (I do have some elite vanilla protein powder)

    I'm hypoglycemic so I really have I b careful with any type of diet/fasting or my blood sugar may abruptly crash n I black out.

    Thanks!
    I heard this is the best juicer around. It's a little pricey but the reviews on this thing top any juicer I've seen
    http://www.myhealthmaster.com/
  33. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    How do u explain the labs then , showing cancer growth going up and down in direct correlation with animal based vs plant based diets. And with out getting into all the science data I mean its it obvious. Ingenious people with veggie based diets not sick. Everyone else sick LOL. Im not one to personally believe all animal products are directly bad for u. But that the portion should be much much smaller. And if what ur saying is that the study is bogus how do explain the gerson theroy... it works!! I never heard someone cure cancer with an animal based diet LOL.
  34. Registered User
    stankyleg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    27972

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

    Being a vegan isnt intrinsticly healthier for you.
    I dated a vegan once. She didn't eat meat but she sho liked the bone.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
  35. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    How do explain the labs then , showing cancer growth going up and down in direct correlation with animal based vs plant based diet.
    did you read my post? The correlation between animal protein and cancer does not exist

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    And with out getting into all the science data I mean its it obvious.
    so let me guess this straight, you want to cite a study to try and prove your point but dont want to get into a discussion about the science of said study? lol..

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Ingenious people with veggie based diet not sick. Everyone else sick LOL.
    Indigenous people ate meat.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  36. Registered User
    JesstheIbex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1304

    Did I open a can of worms? Lol

    I do have one brief thing to say... Humans are omnivores but if u look at studies showing the breakdown of our digestive track. i.e. our long g.i. Track is designed for being an herbivore. Yet we do have incisors like carnivores and out flat molars like herbivores. We can eat meat but our bodies run more smoothly if we have more of a vegetarian style diet.

    As for vegans. I kno plenty that are anything but skin n bone. Vegans do have to be more meticulous with what they eat and what they add to their food to ensure that they get the nutrients their bodies need.

    As for the correlational study... Was this proteins simply from plants and animal? Or having protein thru consumption of meat vs vegetables... If its this then is it thru consumption of organic meat vs organic veggies protein in correlation to cancer. Bc correlational studies are not cause n effect n don't take in other factors associated with those variables. (i.e. vegetables with pesticides... Pesticides increasing chance of having gene mutations and causing cancer later in life)
  37. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

    did you read my post? The correlation between animal protein and cancer does not exist

    so let me guess this straight, you want to cite a study to try and prove your point but dont want to get into a discussion about the science of said study? lol..

    Indigenous people ate meat.
    What I was trying to say is I don't trust your explanation of the scientific data. There are labs done that show correlation between cancer n meat n dairy. Illcpost it when I find it. You make it seem like u have a point but u really don't. You can't come up with why the gersons theroy works. Do u understand exactly what organic fruits n veggies do when they are consumed?

    Like I said I'm not a vegan advocate or saying meat is bad for you. Just saying there are some things we can learn. Don't get urself all worked up bro were all on the same team hear LOL..
  38. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    913

    Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex
    Did I open a can of worms? Lol

    I do have one brief thing to say... Humans are omnivores but if u look at studies showing the breakdown of our digestive track. i.e. our long g.i. Track is designed for being an herbivore. Yet we do have incisors like carnivores and out flat molars like herbivores. We can eat meat but our bodies run more smoothly if we have more of a vegetarian style diet.

    As for vegans. I kno plenty that are anything but skin n bone. Vegans do have to be more meticulous with what they eat and what they add to their food to ensure that they get the nutrients their bodies need.

    As for the correlational study... Was this proteins simply from plants and animal? Or having protein thru consumption of meat vs vegetables... If its this then is it thru consumption of organic meat vs organic veggies protein in correlation to cancer. Bc correlational studies are not cause n effect n don't take in other factors associated with those variables. (i.e. vegetables with pesticides... Pesticides increasing chance of having gene mutations and causing cancer later in life)
    Ill have to look into that. I agree with you. I believe the study shows cancer mortality rates and diet. As far as is it organic Idk. And that is a factor. It may be safe to say yes because the where the studies were conducted these people were really farming for themselves to eat for to sell in huge amounts.
  39. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    What I was trying to say is I don't trust your explanation of the scientific data.
    what dont you trust?

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    There are labs done that show correlation between cancer n meat n dairy. Illcpost it when I find it.
    Please cite them then because this is not what the china study proves.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    You make it seem like u have a point but u really don't.
    My point is, being vegan/vegetarian does not offer any intrinsic health benefits over an omnivores diet. My second point, animal protein is not directly linked to cancer.


    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    You can't come up with why the gersons theroy works.
    the gersons theory is nothing more then quackery and pseudoscience. There are no evidence that support his claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Do u understand exactly what organic fruits n veggies do when they are consumed?
    I eat locally and mostly organic but dont know what this has to do with anything. What I was responding to was the claim animal protein leads to cancer, which is false.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Like I said I'm not a vegan advocate or saying meat is bad for you. Just saying there are some things we can learn. Don't get urself all worked up bro were all on the same team hear LOL..
    Not worked up the least bit, I am just trying to stop the spread of misinformation
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  40. Registered User
    UKNoko's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    369

    On the subject of health benefits. Basing your diet on eating fruits might have quite opposite effect. At least according to this study:

    Long-term fructose consumption accelerates glycation and several age-related variables in male rats.

    Levi B, et al. Show all

    J Nutr. 1998 Sep;128(9):1442-9.

    Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.

    Abstract Fructose intake has increased steadily during the past two decades. Fructose, like other reducing sugars, can react with proteins through the Maillard reaction (glycation), which may account for several complications of diabetes mellitus and accelerating aging. In this study, we evaluated the effect of fructose intake on some age-related variables. Rats were fed for 1 y a commercial nonpurified diet, and had free access to water or 250 g/L solutions of fructose, glucose or sucrose. Early glycation products were evaluated by blood glycated hemoglobin and fructosamine concentrations. Lipid peroxidation was estimated by urine thiobarbituric reactive substances. Skin collagen crosslinking was evaluated by solubilization in natural salt or diluted acetic acid solutions, and by the ratio between beta- and alpha-collagen chains. Advanced glycation end products were evaluated by collagen-linked fluorescence in bones. The ratio between type-III and type-I collagens served as an aging variable and was measured in denatured skin collagen. The tested sugars had no effect on plasma glucose concentrations. Blood fructose, cholesterol, fructosamine and glycated hemoglobin levels, and urine lipid peroxidation products were significantly higher in fructose-fed rats compared with the other sugar-fed and control rats. Acid-soluble collagen and the type-III to type-I ratio were significantly lower, whereas insoluble collagen, the beta to alpha ratio and collagen-bound fluorescence at 335/385 nm (excitation/emission) were significantly higher in fructose-fed rats than in the other groups. The data suggest that long-term fructose consumption induces adverse effects on aging; further studies are required to clarify the precise role of fructose in the aging process.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Detox
    By jlineberry27 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. Detox.
    By Davidlee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
  3. Detox Cleanse Your Body with a Detox Kit
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
  4. To Detox or Not To Detox
    By fatburner2007 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in