Sunflower seeds verses Almonds - AnabolicMinds.com

Sunflower seeds verses Almonds

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sunflower seeds verses Almonds

We all know raw Almonds/Walnuts are sort of the gold standard in many ways with regard to nutritional profiles/healthy fats/low sugars

How do Raw Sunflower seeds stack up?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  232 lbs.

There is ample amounts of vitamin E contained in raw sunflower seeds that also offers anti-inflammatory benefits. These seeds are also known to reduce asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. Eating raw sunflower seeds can also reduce the odds of colon cancer and cardiovascular diseases, which is unfortunately common in males later on in life.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1 View Post
    There is ample amounts of vitamin E contained in raw sunflower seeds that also offers anti-inflammatory benefits. These seeds are also known to reduce asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. Eating raw sunflower seeds can also reduce the odds of colon cancer and cardiovascular diseases, which is unfortunately common in males later on in life.
    very informative....i love sun seeds on salads or a snack
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good stuff
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  5. New Member

I keep a tuber-ware container next to my computer full of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, great snack for something quick.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.

I say eat them all . Sticking to just one kind of nut or seed may lead to food sensitivities.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.

I was surprised how similar the two were, comparing the macros. That said - they're both probably fine. Sunflower seeds appear to cost much less by volume, compared to almonds, though. Blue Diamond has one of my favorites - Dark Chocolate oven roasted almonds. For sunflower seeds, I prefer roasted and salted, as they're tastier and less oily.

Nonetheless, I like almonds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, peanuts, and pumpkin seeds. Currently, I have been eating pumpkin seeds the most as I like the macro profile better. A 1/2 cup provides 30g fat, 20g pro, and 10g carb.

Slightly deviating: I was recently introduced to an awesome bag of pistachios. Check out "Everybody's Nuts California Pistachios Salt and Pepper". I've never seen them in my local stores, so I placed a large order yesterday.
  8. New Member

i love almonds, i buy them in 25 lb bags and freeze them
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Ditto on all the above - nuts/seeds fan for life
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Aflatoxins: In nuts, legumes, and seeds
    By ssbackwards in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 12:56 PM
  2. Sunflower Kernels
    By lemke28 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
  3. Sunflower Seed Butter
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
  4. How much CLA is found in sunflower seeds?
    By Chuck in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:47 PM
  5. Raw shelled sunflower seeds
    By supersoldier in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 10:12 PM