Vegge juicing anyone? - AnabolicMinds.com

Vegge juicing anyone?

  1. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Vegge juicing anyone?


    I Recently watched a documentary on someone who fasted and drank veggie juice for 60 days and had tremendous health benefits. I would never think of doing this extreme fast. However, I have a juicer that had been packed away for years. I was thinking of taking my veggies in the form of juice from now on. Raw and loaded with all the natural nutrients. Anyone try this?

  2. New Member
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    Yea. More and more people are eating crappy foods these days. I have watched some of those documentaries and i am starting to add more fruits and veggies into my diet. Im reducing the popcorn and ice cream at nights. I am just 0verall cleaning up my diet and lifestyle. So yes, i think its worth it, but for weightlifting and performance, i don't think doing it solo is good simply because its not enough protein.
  3. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    Yea. More and more people are eating crappy foods these days. I have watched some of those documentaries and i am starting to add more fruits and veggies into my diet. Im reducing the popcorn and ice cream at nights. I am just 0verall cleaning up my diet and lifestyle. So yes, i think its worth it, but for weightlifting and performance, i don't think doing it solo is good simply because its not enough protein.
    Right, I am just adding it to my current program. Def, feels good!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flexappeal View Post
    Right, I am just adding it to my current program. Def, feels good!
    hell yea bro! Its always good to have one of these. Its kind of expensive though if you want to have a lot of them. You kind of have to cut out all junk food. If you do that and replace it with these, you will feel amazing!
  5. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Ya , I haven't had a chip in 6 weeks! When Diet is in check this is a great addition, just gotta make up for fiber.
  6. New Member
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flexappeal View Post
    Ya , I haven't had a chip in 6 weeks! When Diet is in check this is a great addition, just gotta make up for fiber.
    A healthier lifestyle is always hard to do in the beginning. Once you get use to getting away from the junk, you start feeling amazing and you no longer get that nasty crave for all that junk! nice
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  7. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    A healthier lifestyle is always hard to do in the beginning. Once you get use to getting away from the junk, you start feeling amazing and you no longer get that nasty crave for all that junk! nice
    Bro, I had a few strawberries and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter the other day before the gym. I felt like I was at an ice cream shop having a banana split with all the toppings!
  8. Banned
    christine123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  120 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flexappeal View Post
    I Recently watched a documentary on someone who fasted and drank veggie juice for 60 days and had tremendous health benefits. I would never think of doing this extreme fast. However, I have a juicer that had been packed away for years. I was thinking of taking my veggies in the form of juice from now on. Raw and loaded with all the natural nutrients. Anyone try this?
    yeah.. I know a very effective drink, it is called green smoothie.. it can help to weight loss

    here is one good recipe
    1 large apple, cored and sliced

    1 large stalk of celery

    cup kale, chopped

    cup fresh cilantro

    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

    tablespoon ginger

    8-10 ounces water

    Blend until smooth

    ENJOY!

    http://www.greensmoothierecipesforweightloss.com/
  9. New Member
    MateuszMoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    33

    Reputation

    Hi there , Thanks for the post. Yes this one is a healthier way to enjoy a vegie.
  10. New Member
    MDiocre's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    442

    Reputation

    I just watched the movie too yesterday. Be glad youre not in a boat where you need to lose hundreds of pounds ASAP just to not die. But yeah, the movie definitely made me think about adding more fruits/veggies to my diet...
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    this reminds me, I have a nice Breville juicer I can drop a whole apple into the chute. Used to use it, haven't plugged it in for at least 4 years now.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. New Member
    indysoccer16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    1068

    Reputation

    I used to make a couple glasses of juice first thing in the morning and then I would drink one right then, and save the other two for throughout the day between meals.
    After about a week I cut out my pre workout drinks and I had more energy than ever after adding the juice.
  13. Banned
    christine123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  120 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    the veggie juice are beneficial.. continue drinking but make sure to make a rotation of the veggies for everyday


    green smoothie recipes
  14. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16
    I used to make a couple glasses of juice first thing in the morning and then I would drink one right then, and save the other two for throughout the day between meals.
    After about a week I cut out my pre workout drinks and I had more energy than ever after adding the juice.
    I've read that due to the break down of the enzymes and such. They start degenerating almost instantly. So, it would have to be ingested right away to reap all the benefits.
  15. New Member
    Flexappeal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by christine123
    the veggie juice are beneficial.. continue drinking but make sure to make a rotation of the veggies for everyday

    green smoothie recipes
    Looks good ! However, that is a blended smoothie. I may try that tho!
  16. New Member
    juicemix's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  44 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Reputation

    Talking Re: benefits of juicing


    hey there, ive done it several times and it really makes me feel good.
    Happy juicing!
  17. New Member
    Aaronbaron's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  214 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    34

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flexappeal View Post
    I've read that due to the break down of the enzymes and such. They start degenerating almost instantly. So, it would have to be ingested right away to reap all the benefits.
    True, they do lose most of their health benefits after sitting for about an hour, but starting the say off right with a fresh one is such a better boost than a cup of Starbucks!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. juicing
    By hugry4more in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
  2. JUICING VS.BLENDING?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 09:52 AM
  3. Think this kid is juicing?
    By GangstaJDog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 12:19 PM
  4. Pre-Juicing and Beyond
    By The Answer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in