Post workout question - AnabolicMinds.com

Post workout question

  1. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Post workout question


    K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  2. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?
    Here is a simple break down.

    After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

    Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

    Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.
  3. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sour patch kids work?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Sour patch kids work?
    Oh yea!!! Just make sure its sugar n not corn syrup carbs.
  5. Advanced Member
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    73447

    Reputation Reputation

    No, don't eat sour patch kids.

    A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

    Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.
  6. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    No, don't eat sour patch kids.

    A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

    Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.
    Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

    So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

    As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!
  7. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    I don't agree with these dudes all the time but this video is great

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...vLmb5jeI&gl=US
  8. Advanced Member
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    73447

    Reputation Reputation

    Haha I said a lot of people use waxy maize. I never said I did.. But it's undoubtedly popular.
  9. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    Haha I said a lot of people use waxy maize. I never said I did.. But it's undoubtedly popular.
    Lol.. My bad broski
  10. New Member
    dactyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it
  11. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dactyl
    How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it
    Its is man. That's perfect. I'd have donut also with a ha.
  12. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Thought you didn't want fat right after you lift
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  13. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Thought you didn't want fat right after you lift
    Its not that big a deal. They are mostly simple carbs but your right for optimal results just stick with simple carbs..
  14. Advanced Member
    ISU152's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    862

    Reputation

    How about mixing some gatorade up?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,044
    Rep Power
    919682

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Why not just eat a meal? Look at the pros and you'll notice that they always focus on foods and maybe a protein shake.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Advanced Member
    Ninjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    9062

    Reputation

    I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?
  17. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo
    I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?
    This is good. Keep doing this
  18. Advanced Member
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    73447

    Reputation Reputation

    I've done straight dextrose before, about 50g post-workout. With whey protein. Had pretty good results doing that.

    I've done only whey protein and have had good results. (I eat a high carb meal 45min-1hr hlater).
  19. Banned
    Eberly's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Here is a simple break down.

    After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

    Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

    Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.
    I havent tried that. Are they pretty reasonable?
  20. Banned
    Eberly's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

    So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

    As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!
    Yes, I agree with you completely.
  21. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU152
    How about mixing some gatorade up?
    Im not a fan if Gatorade because its high fructose corn syrup.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,044
    Rep Power
    919682

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Im not a fan if Gatorade because its high fructose corn syrup.
    The powder isn't.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    The powder isn't.
    Word
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Question about post workout carbs.
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
  2. Question about post workout carbs
    By Sweekaters in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. Pre workout and Post workout Shake Question?
    By ali11atc in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
  4. post workout potien question
    By jvb20 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM
  5. post workout potien question
    By jvb20 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in