Best solution to a missed meal

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%

Best solution to a missed meal

I'm on a high protein diet eating 6 times a day with my carbs early in the day. I am having trouble eating all the meals whilst I'm at work either by missing them completely or eating them later than I should, making me unable to get all my meals in during the day.
    Has anybody any ideas what I should do? I have thought about liquidising the meals with water but not sure as its chicken broccili and spinach.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Axman
    I'm on a high protein diet eating 6 times a day with my carbs early in the day. I am having trouble eating all the meals whilst I'm at work either by missing them completely or eating them later than I should, making me unable to get all my meals in during the day.
    Has anybody any ideas what I should do? I have thought about liquidising the meals with water but not sure as its chicken broccili and spinach.
    Honestly bro dont sweat it. IMO you would be better suited following a lean gains protocol. Its a lot easier to follow.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.28%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nickmort View Post
    Honestly bro dont sweat it. IMO you would be better suited following a lean gains protocol. Its a lot easier to follow.
    ^ this or even a standard 3 a day. the whole 6 small meals a day dosent offer the benifits it was once said to and this whole notion is losing steam. Besides it becomes a pain in the a**.
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah forget 6 meals a day.

I eat enough that's all that matters
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.15%

Yup .. What they said .. Its more important to get the nutrients .. I do follow the 6 meals a day route and some days its too busy to eat on my schedule .. Slam a bottle of water and some BCAA .. eat when you can .. End of the day the calories will be right
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by SMC USA View Post
    Yup .. What they said .. Its more important to get the nutrients .. I do follow the 6 meals a day route and some days its too busy to eat on my schedule .. Slam a bottle of water and some BCAA .. eat when you can .. End of the day the calories will be right
    yes, I would not worry about fitting in that "missed meal"....BUT, make sure to fit in some extra protein in the other meals you eat. if you miss one, then just figure out how much protein you would have taken in there, and try to up the protein in another feeding (and the calories for that matter, feel free to eat 700 cals (example) instead of the 350 cals you usually eat since you missed a meal...double up). so long as you make your protein/calorie intake, whether 60 grams at one time or 30 grams two times, it does not matter. all that matters is the calories and macronutrient totals at the end of the day. Although eating once or twice would not be advised unless you ate twice and took in liquid protein of some sort a few times during the day...I do this often, eat 2-3 times a day, and take in protein supps 2-3 times a day....same thing as "eating 6 times per day".....keeps a constant flow of protein every 3-4 hours.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Answer: Daily Double. Drink a Shake before your next meal about 30-45minutes prior to eating. Then eat a good balanced one ;-)
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.15%

There are studies (Layne Norton is one) that show that eating protein to often does not increase protein synthesis. There was a study also that showed elderly woman who had the best protein synthesis and nitrogen balance eating all of their protein at one meal.

It appears a larger sitting stimulates protein synthesis better. Many small meals may just be a pain in the ass and not helping you achieve your goals.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.2%

I guess that in your case, a healthy shake that fits your diet should be a good alternative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thought on weekly cheat meal (and I meal major cheat meal)
    By FitModel in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
  2. For those who missed it.
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 02:59 PM
  3. i missed something
    By heebs10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:44 AM