Lean Gains for a dummy...help please!

  1. New Member
    thewolf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    575
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

    Lean Gains for a dummy...help please!


    Hey guys,
    Want to get started with lean gains and just need to know what macros I should be shooting for and what calorie level. I'm about 210lbs 5'10" and my main goal right now is fat loss. What calorie and macro split should I be at? I would do the two meal per eating window approach. I lift mon wed fri and do 20min HIIT on tues/thurs. Rest on weekends. Also, should I keep the calorie level the same every day?

    Thanks in advance!!

  2. New Member
    lemke28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

    Obviously, I'd start by finding your maintenance intake and take off about 500 calories. Keep up the hiit but personally I'd add another day of it or some form of cardio. I myself keep my calories the same throughout the week but I do cardio 4 days a week. I keep my carbs pretty low and have found good results with it (taking in low carbs will make you feel pretty sluggish at times). Just make sure your getting enough protein and stay clean. I save my cheat meal for Saturday night. You should be able to have good results with some hard work. Good luck!
  3. New Member
    thewolf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    575
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

    Does 20% of calories at 2pm and the other 80% after my workout by 9pm sound good? What do you usually multiply your bodyweight by to get maintenance calories?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    lemke28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by thewolf49 View Post
    Does 20% of calories at 2pm and the other 80% after my workout by 9pm sound good? What do you usually multiply your bodyweight by to get maintenance calories?
    I don't exactly know what you mean about the percentages? For maintenance calorie intake I just use a website that lets you plug in some data and gives you an estimation. I use that as a baseline and see how my body reacts and adjust accordingly.
  5. New Member
    thewolf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    575
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

    20 % of my daily total calories, and the other 80% p.w.

    Should I be aiming for a certain amount of fat, carbs?
  6. New Member
    lemke28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

    I personally keep my carbs very low. It's worked to my benefit before so I tend to stick with it when I cut. I don't really aim for a certain amount of fat but I eat a serving of peanuts and pb everyday. I also get my fats from my eggs and fish when I eat it.

    As for the calories, I would eat at a constant pace all day. I balance my calories evenly throughout the day with my largest meal being dinner. Even though it doesn't include but a few more calories than breakfast and lunch. I eat snacks in between my 3 main meals and try to not let myself go more than 2 hours without eating. Keep your water intake up and you'll see results before you know it.

    Bottom line, keep your calories lower than your maintenance and throw some cardio in at least 3 times a week. Stay eating clean and treat yourself to a cheat meal once a week. This is what i've done in the past and had success with. You may find this works or try other things, everybody is different.
  7. New Member
    thewolf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    575
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

    Oh, I was talking about the "lean gains" diet haha
  8. New Member
    cooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    56.88%

    Stay away from sugar and fried food, add another day of cardio, do higher reps with less weight and shorter rest time between sets and you will see results!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Gains, is this right?
    By JayRock in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Lean Gains Help
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
  3. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..
    By skumster225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in