Food shopping on a budget!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Food shopping on a budget!!

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Food shopping on a budget!!

sup guys..im sorta on a budget with going to school and paying bills and **** so the only greens in my fridge are actually in my freezer..i eat tons of green vegetables but theyre mostly all frozen because its cheaper than fresh vegetable and i could stock up forever without worrying about them goin bad..the only vegetable i eat that doesnt come frozen is spinach cuz i work at subway..but i eat tons of it..my question is..is eating frozen vegetables not healthy?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.

It's not a problem at all. It was said sometimes its better because they are frozen at there peak nutritional value where as fresh can sit to long past its peak. Since ur low in dough organic is outa the question but that is best.

However if your boiling your veggies your loosing most the nutrients. So make sure you steam. Throw in a salad or two n your doing great.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah. Don't microwave dat sh!t! Cooks out some of the nutrients.

Speaking of budget shopping...walmart sells cheap bags of steak and chicken! Bout all I get now...
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I know this may sound counterproductive, but believe me it is not. And this is coming from a fellow student. Get a membership to a wholesale club. I work at BJ's so I have a free membership. Meat is cheaper (for the most part), dairy, oats, PB, etc is all cheaper. There are some things I go to a smaller store for, but it isn't a major difference. And produce is way cheaper than my local grocery store.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    It's not a problem at all. It was said sometimes its better because they are frozen at there peak nutritional value where as fresh can sit to long past its peak. Since ur low in dough organic is outa the question but that is best.

However if your boiling your veggies your loosing most the nutrients. So make sure you steam. Throw in a salad or two n your doing great.
    cool.thats all i do brahh!! thats the easiest waytoo cook em too
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    I know this may sound counterproductive, but believe me it is not. And this is coming from a fellow student. Get a membership to a wholesale club. I work at BJ's so I have a free membership. Meat is cheaper (for the most part), dairy, oats, PB, etc is all cheaper. There are some things I go to a smaller store for, but it isn't a major difference. And produce is way cheaper than my local grocery store.
    well i dont have a car to i go to aldis around the corner..walking home with 10lb of chicken **** load of sweet potatoes etc is a workout in itself.lol but 1.99 per lb of turkey or chicken aint bad at all
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    well i dont have a car to i go to aldis around the corner..walking home with 10lb of chicken **** load of sweet potatoes etc is a workout in itself.lol but 1.99 per lb of turkey or chicken aint bad at all
    I love Aldi's, cottage cheese and oatmeal are cheaper there than where I work. Occasionally eggs are too, but this week we have them beat. I've only checked out their meat section once, it was very limited, but I'll have to keep my eye out for that chicken and turkey
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Jus went back for some chicken 1.29lb. Soouped!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.

Jus went back for some chicken 1.29lb. Soouped!
    I checked mine out Friday. It was 2.29/lb there. At work I get it for 2.99/lb. Although theirs is a little cheaper, I like that a serving from the one I get at BJ's is 3 oz with 26 grams of protein versus 4 oz at 20 grams and more fat. They didn't have any turkey, but I went late at night. I'll have to check when I go to get some cottage chesse later this week.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564

I checked mine out Friday. It was 2.29/lb there. At work I get it for 2.99/lb. Although theirs is a little cheaper, I like that a serving from the one I get at BJ's is 3 oz with 26 grams of protein versus 4 oz at 20 grams and more fat. They didn't have any turkey, but I went late at night. I'll have to check when I go to get some cottage chesse later this week.
    Damn dude where do yu live? Id never pay that much
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.

Damn dude where do yu live? Id never pay that much
    CT. If I go to a grocery store, you're looking at 5.89/lb. ****s expensive lol
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564

CT. If I go to a grocery store, you're looking at 5.89/lb. ****s expensive lol
    Dear little baby jesus. Thats insane!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  2. Food Suggestions going shopping?
    By jumpshot903 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
  3. $50 budget
    By cassimus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. Going food shopping tomorrow and need a bit of help.
    By slipondajimmy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 06:39 PM