1. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  9g lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.61%

My Diet is Bad!

Hi folks,

Last summer I ran a very strict moderated eating regime which was only possible due to being off work. In that time I went from 16stone to 13stone7, which is quite a drop. I retained muscle but didn't build any.

Now, starting from a week on Monday, I am returning after my extended vacation period and my nutrition is a difficult one for me to work out.

I have access to a Microwave, Vending Machines, numerous 'fast food' sandwich shops, and other fast food outlets in close proximity to where I work, which is a bad thing, especially on the social lunch side of things.

My day is:

Wake up @ 7:15am (usually never have breakfast - if I did, it would either be a few pieces of white toast or a bowl of cereal)
    Arrive at work @ 8:15am
    Lunch @ 1pm-2pm
    Leave @ 5pm

I am genuinely seeking advice for decent nutrition that will allow me to lose weight (i'm 14stone2 at the moment) and hopefully on the build up to summer, gain muscle.

I will be doing a 6-day workout routine Tuesday-Sunday, involving HIIT for upto 30mins, then 30mins of focused free weights.

I have lots of supps - whey protein, creatine mono, PES AlphaT2, PES Erase and PES Anabeta, but it is the diet side of things that is difficult.

I am a fairly fussy eater - don't like cold meats, and don't like Salads apart from lettuce and cress. Fish-wise, I do not like Tuna or Salmon, but I do like Mackerel, (which will stink my workplace out, so will save that for home). I am acutely aware that I will need to take multi-vitamins, any recommendations here? I currently take 1 Vit-C soluble tablet and 1 Magnesium tablet per day (I get cramps and this avoids it).

It is my intention to draw up a weekly 'menu' on this thread which I will stick to and report back with progress.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

It is reallllllly hard to eat clean while avoiding the foods you don't like, I am by no means a nutriton expert, but you managed to basically eliminate every single staple that I would use while in your situation. Hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge will come by with some good advice for you. One piece of advice is to be sure to eat a healthy breakfast, it really is a cornerstone meal that gets the body/metabolism going.

ManBeast
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.31%

Breakfast should be a must, unless you want to try the IF Diet there are a couple threads on it ..

Try egg whites sausage and a thin slice of bread .. Takes 10min to make 1/3 the calories of cereals and a lot less carbs ..

You have access to a micro so bring lunch .. When dinner gets made make a couple extra servings .. There is a healthy lunch .. I keep protien powders in my truck in case I can't find suitable food

Count every calorie .. There are several sites that you can use to calculate your caloric needs .. Eat 500-300 less per day and see what happens ..

I use 40% carbs 40% protien 20% fats for holding weight .. Less carbs when cutting..
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.22%

I am a NASM certified nutrtionist and I pretty much live for health and fitness so I believe I amy be of some assistance to you... I have posted a sample diet of mine on my helladrol log which you can find... I will start with your supps... Cut the creatine mono right now... thats a water retainer and thats not going to help you lose weight... Try creatine nitrate... that will help you build muscle without the water retention... Now, its good to be a fussy eater... The first you point out is cold meats... that's great you don't like those because they are full of sodium and will cause water retention as well... salad isn't all its cracked up to be either... for fish, there are PLENTY of options besides the ones you listed... I would never recommend salmon to anything trying to cut... You need to get yourself a nice white fish, like halibut, tilapia, cod, mahi mahi, flounder... try those out... mackerel is not doing you any favors... stick with PLAIN greek yogurt, egg whites, thinkgs with higher protein and lower fat.. sugar free oatmeal is good... special k protein cereal is another good one... of course a good whey protein and a good protein bar... pure protein makes a good protein bar or promax low sugar is another good one... ground turkey is another thing I would add in... the fat free ground turkey is excellent... also some good veggies like green beans or asparagus.. if you need anymore help, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by VeeSix View Post
    Hi folks,

Last summer I ran a very strict moderated eating regime which was only possible due to being off work. In that time I went from 16stone to 13stone7, which is quite a drop. I retained muscle but didn't build any.

Now, starting from a week on Monday, I am returning after my extended vacation period and my nutrition is a difficult one for me to work out.

I have access to a Microwave, Vending Machines, numerous 'fast food' sandwich shops, and other fast food outlets in close proximity to where I work, which is a bad thing, especially on the social lunch side of things.

My day is:

Wake up @ 7:15am (usually never have breakfast - if I did, it would either be a few pieces of white toast or a bowl of cereal)
    Arrive at work @ 8:15am
    Lunch @ 1pm-2pm
    Leave @ 5pm

I am genuinely seeking advice for decent nutrition that will allow me to lose weight (i'm 14stone2 at the moment) and hopefully on the build up to summer, gain muscle.

I will be doing a 6-day workout routine Tuesday-Sunday, involving HIIT for upto 30mins, then 30mins of focused free weights.

I have lots of supps - whey protein, creatine mono, PES AlphaT2, PES Erase and PES Anabeta, but it is the diet side of things that is difficult.

I am a fairly fussy eater - don't like cold meats, and don't like Salads apart from lettuce and cress. Fish-wise, I do not like Tuna or Salmon, but I do like Mackerel, (which will stink my workplace out, so will save that for home). I am acutely aware that I will need to take multi-vitamins, any recommendations here? I currently take 1 Vit-C soluble tablet and 1 Magnesium tablet per day (I get cramps and this avoids it).

It is my intention to draw up a weekly 'menu' on this thread which I will stick to and report back with progress.

Thanks for any assistance!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Palumbo Diet lose based Keto Diet
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 09:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:48 AM