Best Protein Powder? Opinions, please

Alpha Mind

Awards
I want to hear opinions on the best protein powder.

I'm a huge fan of:

Davinci Right Whey - Chocolate - All natural, tastes like McDonalds milkshakes, but rather expensive

BSN Syntha-6 - Vanilla. Blends well, tastes good (the vanilla, at least), and is widely available.

Thorne Research Hydrolyzed Whey Protein - Flavorless, looks like fine, expensive blow, but I've gotten some really nice lean gains from using this. Pricey though.

I try to avoid sucralose when possible (definitely in syntha-6), although it's a bit hard, as it's in almost all proteins, other than stuff from davinci, thorne, and similar natural brands.

What is everyone on here using? Is there a legendary brand or formula that I'm missing out on?

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I used Optimum Nutrition vanilla for years .. 10lb bags .. Just started playing with diff flavors and brands .. Will probably end up back with ON .. used to it .. Almost like comfort food at this point .. Lol

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
II like Syntha 6 a lot. Myofusion was another favorite, and would like to try the new probiotic series. But now I just use whatever is cheapest. Sucks cuz I pretty much despise every morning shake I've had in the last year or so, but I need to cut costs somewhere and most of my shakes now have my own added touches for better gains.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
II like Syntha 6 a lot. Myofusion was another favorite, and would like to try the new probiotic series. But now I just use whatever is cheapest. Sucks cuz I pretty much despise every morning shake I've had in the last year or so, but I need to cut costs somewhere and most of my shakes now have my own added touches for better gains.
Syntha is rather tasty.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I used to go to Myosfusion quite a bit i could find it dirt cheap for a while, but now i've been using Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla Cream protein its very very good in milk and good in water. I get the whey/casein blend and i have the whey protein isolate the whey/casein blend tastses better in my mind.

Theres so many good proteins out there its really about finding one that tastes good and is cheap for you.

I also love Gold Feast which i just got the opportunity to log as an all around meal replacement, healthy fats, healthy carbs, 4-5 servings of fruits/veggies and tastes great.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Hey man check out the new i-Force Protean!!! Delish!!!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My opinion - MuscleFeast protein powders. Their products contain no filler and quality through and through, moreover you actually know how much protein you're getting per scoop, as opposed to some more mainstream brands, where according to some lab reports you might be lucky if you get 12 grams of protein per scoop. Good luck!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
i like complete whey (choc-bean flavour) by cytosport

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
My opinion - MuscleFeast protein powders. Their products contain no filler and quality through and through, moreover you actually know how much protein you're getting per scoop, as opposed to some more mainstream brands, where according to some lab reports you might be lucky if you get 12 grams of protein per scoop. Good luck!
this is troubling.

I've been using 1 scoop of dymatize egg and 1 scoop dymatize casein as part of my breakfast and pre bed shakes.

trying to minimize whey intake

bpclipper10

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize Iso-100 FTW!! Look up the profile. Speaks for itself.

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
Of course there are your general proteins that most will recommend like myofusion and optimum and those are all great... dymatize is another excellent one... but there are a few hidden gems out there that I would definitely recommend...

NTBM makes an awesome protein... so many good flavors... absolutely awesome... excellent nutrients...

another one I highly recommend is NRGX Sublime Whey... The vanilla dream may simply be the best tasting protein I have ever encountered and it has great nutrients...

isopure low carb is another great one...

just a few options that you may not have heard of that are excellent...

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
MHP probolic is quite tasty as well. It's also a great night time protein. Some people like ***'s wheybolic 60. Mixes well high Aminos and ON nitro core 24 is maybe the best protein I tried. Saw good gains

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TrueProtein custom blend. ON whey if I run out of TrueProtein.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
trie a sample of the new myofusion probiotic and it was delish!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't use a bunch of powders cause I'm after taste typically (yeah so what).

Like I said I use to be a fan of the Gaspari powders but after I ordered the chocolate p butter I never went back to them again hated that flavor. Same went for muscle and monster milk... They are just ok.

ON makes solid powders, can't comment on the taste except for a few samples I've tried and they were decent, but when I was using Serious Mass stuff grew on me and I really liked the deep chocolate taste. Up Your Mass & the Macrobolic MRPs have tasted good as well. I went back to good old trusty Syntha-6 because it taste dang good.
Be on the look out for some Nimbus proteins too.
Always good to look forward to taking something u enjoy instead of choking something down u don't like :) leaves me coming back 4 more.

Cheif

Awards
Optimum nutrition! It taste great, without all the added sugar and s**t . The price is also excellent.

I pay around 43 dollars for a five pound tub.

diezel

Awards
  • Established
I've been a fan of Carnivore the last couple months. The chocolate tastes amazing.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra pro is a great deal I just picked up 15lb. Iforce really did master the flavoring of protein tho!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra pro is a great deal I just picked up 15lb. Iforce really did master the flavoring of protein tho!
Nutra pro is good, MGN is good, If you like a more "complete meal" Golden Feast is pretty good as well.

Still gotta try that Protean....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been a fan of Carnivore the last couple months. The chocolate tastes amazing.
Been wanting to try this.
We need more product reps from these unfamiliar companies to get samples out so people can try this stuff!
Samples are sellers, people like free stuff and people like to try before they buy!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra pro is good, MGN is good, If you like a more "complete meal" Golden Feast is pretty good as well.

Still gotta try that Protean....
If you don't live in Japan I'd send you a few scoops lol

jared767

Awards
Myotein

Easy to absorb and easily digested...comes with milky chocolate flavor too

cooley

cooley

Awards
ON Pro Complex is about the best I have found, but it is pretty pricey. Next to it I would have to say Syntha 6 by BSN.

nimbustim

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nimbus Nutritions Performance Isolate
100% Pure Isolate

Nimbus Nutritions Performance Isolate Night Time
50% Pure Isolate / 50% Milk Protein Isolate - Total Blend = 60% Isolate / 40% Micellar Casein

All our proteins are 100% US Sourced and cGMP Compliant.

They come in two delicious flavors.....Swiss Chocolate Peanut Butter & Old Fashioned Vanilla.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
100% Pure Isolate

50% Pure Isolate / 50% Milk Protein Isolate - Total Blend = 60% Isolate / 40% Micellar Casein

They come in two delicious flavors.....Swiss Chocolate Peanut Butter & Old Fashioned Vanilla.
that sounds liek some good stuff!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

nokkT

Awards
100% Pure Isolate

Interesting.. Time to look into it!

nokkT

Awards
I myself have mainly stuck with ON proteins. I have tried some other ones, but seem to go back to ON.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I had my mother drinking syntha 6....
Going to ship her a bag of that Nimbus chocolate see how she likes it :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
lboston

lboston

Awards
Any of you ever use the Six Star Muscle brand you can get a Walmart or Kroger? I picked some up the other day when I ran out of ON 100% whey.

It takes really good and seems cost effective...thought id see if anyone new anything about it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any of you ever use the Six Star Muscle brand you can get a Walmart or Kroger? I picked some up the other day when I ran out of ON 100% whey.

It takes really good and seems cost effective...thought id see if anyone new anything about it.
Have you tried any Nimbus proteins yet?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Been using dymatize elite XT rich chocolate for about 2 years now. Good stuff blended with a banana. Good pricing and quality. Pretty satisfied, ON is my other favorite brand I'd recommend.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
pro complex

nimbustim

Board Sponsor
Awards
I havent tried that. May have to though. Are they pretty reasonable?
Considering the ingredients and blends, I would say yes. We are on the higher end.....price wise, but our products are quality and not hidden behind a crappy blend.

Performance Isolate - 100% Pure Isolate
Performance Isolate Night Time - 60% Pure Isolate / 40% Micellar Casein

US sourced protein
cGMP compliant

Great taste.....Swiss Chocolate Peanut Butter & Old Fashioned Vanilla

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering the ingredients and blends, I would say yes. We are on the higher end.....price wise, but our products are quality and not hidden behind a crappy blend.

Performance Isolate - 100% Pure Isolate
Performance Isolate Night Time - 60% Pure Isolate / 40% Micellar Casein

US sourced protein
cGMP compliant

Great taste.....Swiss Chocolate Peanut Butter & Old Fashioned Vanilla

When can I get a sample?. Do they mix up thick?. I like proteins that mix up thick.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
4everfit, Tropical Mango. Taste like candy, a nice change from the usually milky chocolate and vanilla flavors!