does Caffeine cancel out protien? - AnabolicMinds.com

does Caffeine cancel out protien?

  1. New Member
    skindog101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    does Caffeine cancel out protien?


    Bloke at works abit of a know it all anyway I'm on a bulk ATM doing really well. having lunch the other day eating my chicken breast and pasta (every so often I have an energy drink if I'm flogged at work) when he pipes up and goes u know ur wasting ur time eating all this Protien because the caffeine cancels all the amino acids and breaks down the protien?

    So I looked it up couldn't fine much about it doesn't anyone know what he was talking about?

    I don't drink coffee or coke or that crap but every few days I have an energy drink?surely this can't hurt my Protien intake to much?

    Cheers fellas!

  2. PVL
    PVL is offline
    Banned
    PVL's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by skindog101 View Post
    Bloke at works abit of a know it all anyway I'm on a bulk ATM doing really well. having lunch the other day eating my chicken breast and pasta (every so often I have an energy drink if I'm flogged at work) when he pipes up and goes u know ur wasting ur time eating all this Protien because the caffeine cancels all the amino acids and breaks down the protien?

    So I looked it up couldn't fine much about it doesn't anyone know what he was talking about?

    I don't drink coffee or coke or that crap but every few days I have an energy drink?surely this can't hurt my Protien intake to much?

    Cheers fellas!
    caffeine has no effect on protein synthesis bro...........he is just busting ur balls and has no idea what he is talking about........

    coffee is good for you man.........read up on the latest article on yahoo...........helps with a range of issues...........
  3. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,404
    Rep Power
    4187012

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    High levels (200mg upwards) of caffeine taken at once will increase the likelihood of extra cortisol floating around in your body looking for muscle to eat. I'm wondering if he heard that and perceived it his own way.
    Cortisol is a stress hormone basically, it eats your hard earned muscles.
    Drinking a Red Bull or coffee with your meal wouldn't hurt you.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SMC USA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    327

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM
    High levels (200mg upwards) of caffeine taken at once will increase the likelihood of extra cortisol floating around in your body looking for muscle to eat.
    Where can I read about that ??
  5. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,404
    Rep Power
    4187012

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    On the phone..can't link right now but google "caffeine cortisol" or something.
    Pubmed too.
    Read up, go back to work, show off your wisdom.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,989
    Rep Power
    917962

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Cortisol is also responsible for mobilizing FFA's.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. PVL
    PVL is offline
    Banned
    PVL's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMC USA View Post
    Where can I read about that ??
    i wanna know the same......cuz i take in like 1g a day......lol
  8. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,404
    Rep Power
    4187012

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PVL

    i wanna know the same......cuz i take in like 1g a day......lol
    As long as its spaced out that shouldn't be too bad.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  9. PVL
    PVL is offline
    Banned
    PVL's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    As long as its spaced out that shouldn't be too bad.
    yeah like 3-4 big ass cups of coffee with splenda and milk
  10. New Member
    skindog101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Thanks heaps fellas for ur replys yeah throught he was pushing sh$t up hill, excess maybe but a lil bit does nothing, cheers
  11. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258612

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Here's a good article on some of the caffeine side effects.
    http://www.livescience.com/3230-caff...cinations.html

    I have experienced some of these before actually.
  12. New Member
    SMC USA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    327

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    Here's a good article on some of the caffeine side effects.


    I have experienced some of these before actually.
    Thanx .. Interesting .. Might reconsider those 200mg pills I eat occasionally .. Now to find more articles and make myself paranoid
  13. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258612

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMC USA View Post
    Thanx .. Interesting .. Might reconsider those 200mg pills I eat occasionally .. Now to find more articles and make myself paranoid
    Educating yourself on the benefits and side effects on things you put on your body should not make you paranoid, but "aware" which is a great thing.
  14. New Member
    rkillam's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I would say its irrelevant.

    But if it was, I'd be screwed for sure....
  15. Senior Member
    ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Cortisol is also responsible for mobilizing FFA's.
    ahh the necessary evil.

    too much is a bad thing..

    soo holy basil to reduce glucocorticoids effect on blood sugar..
  16. New Member
    SMC USA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    327

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    Educating yourself on the benefits and side effects on things you put on your body should not make you paranoid, but "aware" which is a great thing.
    I was actually referring to the articles I will inevitably find that claim any kind of caffeine intake will lead to some horrific ailment that will affect my gene-pool for several generations .. Perhaps an LOL was called for ...

    I have done research on stims and pw's .. Caffeine is (IMHO) the least risky of them .. In moderation of course ...
  17. Advanced Member
    ohiostate2827's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    2824

    Reputation

    i get around 200mg of caff..before work..in pill form...i would be more worried about all the sugar you are getting with the energy drinks..you would be better off drinking a coke than a red bull
  18. Elite Member
    ManBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,516
    Rep Power
    48651

    Reputation

    I dislike energy drinks of any variety unless they are the low/no cal versions, even then I'd rather pop a no-doze and some water 97% of the time.

    ManBeast
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
  2. 200mg caffeine +2.5mg yohimbine vs 300mg caffeine
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
  3. Cancel Order
    By AndrewSlate in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
  4. Need to Cancel Order Please
    By crazymofo01 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in