Lost 21 pounds and my stomach shrank :/ - AnabolicMinds.com

Lost 21 pounds and my stomach shrank :/

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Lost 21 pounds and my stomach shrank :/

Ey guys,

Well about three weeks ago I had the stomach flu and lost around 10-12 pounds, but I recovered relatively quick. Then right after some personal issues come up and I've been depressed and haven't been able to eat. I've lost 21 pounds as of today and my stomach has shrunken. I try to eat even a slice of pizza and I can't finish the whole thing. I'm never hungry and whenever I try to force feed I just feel like I'm choking. I feel the weight just falling off of me and I feel weaker every day. Are there any methods that people use to kick start their appetite again? I really need help.
    Getting back into the swing of things

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I find if you drink a lot of water with and around meals it expands your stomach a bit. Just start slowly and introduce bigger portions. Also, if i was you id be using protien shakes and weight gainers while your appetite is low to get your calories.

If you want supps to increase appetite i find Animal m-stack and pes anabeta do this well.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    I find if you drink a lot of water with and around meals it expands your stomach a bit. Just start slowly and introduce bigger portions. Also, if i was you id be using protien shakes and weight gainers while your appetite is low to get your calories.

If you want supps to increase appetite i find Animal m-stack and pes anabeta do this well.
    Thanks man! I appreciate the quick response and excellent advice!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Have you seen a doc to make sure its nothing serious? Not trying to freak you out or anything
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

This is likely a psychological issue more than anything else. You might consider going to some therapy sessions to see if they help during this time. Nothing wrong with that. Think of it as personal training for your brain.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Yeah, I'm with MDiocre. Could of course just be a lot of stress, but if you continue to have problems, definitely get it checked out.
    Highly recommend this supplement that has helped me lose weight with diet and exercise: http://www.pagg.me
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Good news brahs. I drank a 40g protein shake today. Felt like puking afterwards And it was only 20 ounces of liquid. Then I hit the gym, didn't go too heavy. Kept everything for 10-12 reps. Only lifted for an hour felt a little bit hungry, then I went into the sauna for 15 minutes and when I came out I was starving and had a craving for pho. So I decided to take the opportunity to eat a lot and go to my favorite pho joint. Ate a large bowl of shrimp pho. Hopefully I digest it quickly and can squeeze in another shake before bed. It's a start and is a whole or better than I have been eating
  8. Senior Member

PYY has been shown in people with anorexia (which you had a case of)

PYY has been shown (gut hormone) to reduce appetite independant of leptin, which is strange. Correcting it may be tricky, i would try liquid cals to boost leptin, then diet with low cals to drop leptin and increase NPY (hunger signal) and see where that goes
  9. New Member

Livertabs increase hunger and they are cheap!
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash
    Really?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash View Post
    As in Dessicated Liver Tabs?
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  12. New Member

nice
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by asalerno89
    When i am feeling a little a sick and not as hungry but need to eat something, I smoke pot. I believe pot can surpress some of the sickness feeling and give you some appetite. Although illegal in some countries and areas, I feel this is one of the best methods for countering appetite supression.
    I've tried that. It kinda worked because I ate a ton (although not good foods) but the next day I was super hungry and ate good
    Foods
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    As in Dessicated Liver Tabs?
    Yes, they are loaded with tons of vitamins and has the entire family of b vitamins which helps with metabolism....doctors prescribe these to people with eating disorders to help increase their appietite...hope this helps
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic

2nd that m-stack lol
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

your most likely depressed, since depression causes loss of appetite as well. take some testosterone and some mood enhancer. maybe sam-e.
  17. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ReyMan View Post
    Ey guys,

Well about three weeks ago I had the stomach flu and lost around 10-12 pounds, but I recovered relatively quick. Then right after some personal issues come up and I've been depressed and haven't been able to eat. I've lost 21 pounds as of today and my stomach has shrunken. I try to eat even a slice of pizza and I can't finish the whole thing. I'm never hungry and whenever I try to force feed I just feel like I'm choking. I feel the weight just falling off of me and I feel weaker every day. Are there any methods that people use to kick start their appetite again? I really need help.
    A few ways to kick start your metabolism are eating a lot of protein in smaller quantities. Make sure these are lean proteins, you want the cals to be low so you can eat more often. Spice your foods, using red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper in your meals. Some Herbal Remedies to help fight bloating: Bruchu, Cranberry, Dandelion, Horse Chestnut, Parsley and Uva Ursi .
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Idra
    weed with clean foods around
    I thought your protein synthesis goes down when you smoke weed?
  19. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't know but David Johnson seemed to make it work. Check this article out. Very interesting research...
    http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles...dybuilding.htm
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Try to eat fruits bro...avacados are good too...
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lost 75 pounds Need body recomp diet plan!
    By ElPolloLoco in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 12:54 AM
  2. wow he lost 12 pounds in 3 4 weeks !
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 05:12 AM
  3. 50 pounds lost
    By eva020100 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 08:30 AM
  4. Replies: 31