Post-Workout Recovery Drink, Waximaze or?.....

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
Hey all.

I've been away for a long time. A couple years ago probably a guy in a nutrition store sold me on Waximaze to add to my recovery drink.

I've finally got serious and got back in the gym so I'm outta that stuff, but it's been so long I thought I would look for other reccomendations.

Currently in my recovery drink I'm putting in 1 scoop of vanilla Whey, 5g creatine, 5g Glutamine, and 1 scoop of the waximaze.

I'm all outta waxi so I'm hoping I could get a better suggestions.

Currently I'm doing P90X end of my 3rd week with 10 more to go, I'm going to finish the program to lose weight and get in gym shape before I get back to lifting heavy, but these workouts are pretty tough for me right now.

Appreciate any advice.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I haven't been able to find any research that proves in any conclusive way that waxy maize is any more effective as your post-workout carb than simple bulk dextrose. What is true, however, is that waxy maize is much more pricey. I would do your whey protein, about 40g of carbs coming from bulk dextrose, and add in your creatine.

I've see many guys recommend doing the glutamine pre-workout instead of adding it to your post-workout shake because of some problem of competing for absorption with the creatine... not sure how big of a deal this is, but I just take my glutamine pre anyway.

LikeMike

Awards
My last bulk I used karbolyn. Seemed to work pretty well. Taste is much better than waxy maize IMHO.

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
awesome, thanks for the heads up will head over to nut zone today.