Bcaa

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Bcaa

S it okay to add bcaa to your preworkout shake? Is it a waste or not? Been having trouble getting a clear response.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC
    S it okay to add bcaa to your preworkout shake? Is it a waste or not? Been having trouble getting a clear response.
    ???
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.33%
    Achievements Activity Pro

im not 100% on this but majority of people say to take bcaa seperate from other protein sources usually about 20 minutes proior
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadx
    im not 100% on this but majority of people say to take bcaa seperate from other protein sources usually about 20 minutes proior
    That's what I heard also..... Due to their competitive nature. Just doesn't seem very feasible since most of what we eat is rich in aminos. In a perfect world I guess I could time my bcaa in a fasted state, but not gonna happen with such a busy schedule. Thanks for your response bro. I guess I will skip the aminos. Made great gains without supplementing them so it's no big deal.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.33%
    Achievements Activity Pro

i agree it seems like the rules of nutrition are constantly changing and even contradicting themselvs sometimes
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.85%

I put them in my shakes. my reason for doing this is because I always thought that whey protein would fill in most of my protein needs, but BCAA's would fill all the little gaps between what my body needed and what the protein provided. I could be totally wrong, but I thought I read something supporting this at one time. but like "rhoadx" said, there's a lot of contradictions and rules are always changing. try it and figure out what works for you
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.85%

I put BCAA's in my gallon jug of water and sip on it through out my workout "add crystal light or it'll taste like ****" this seems to have helped me
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Quote Originally Posted by nonidentity
    I put BCAA's in my gallon jug of water and sip on it through out my workout "add crystal light or it'll taste like ****" this seems to have helped me
    Input appreciated guys.
  9. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bcaa are different from the amino you get frome whey, they are free form and actually improve protein breakdown
    Go for them pre and intra (and if you want even post)
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.63%

One of the best time to take aminos is in the morning FIRST THING upon waking. Can't get your stomach much more empty less you wanna stick your finger down your throat. Take with orange juice.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I take BCAA's 1st thing am, intra WO, and 2-5hrs post WO. They are quick, short bursts of aminos
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.19%

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Pesonally I view their are 4 ideal times you want BCAA's: Upon Waking, Before Lifting, Intra or POst workout, and Before bed. Now I have a preferences of 4:1:1 BCAA's due to the higher luecine content. Anything higher then that I have not tried.

I take my BCAA's pre and post workout. Reasone for this is that ideally I want to activate mTOR before workouts to minimize protein degradation during workouts and post workout to increase MPS and help switch the body into an anabolic state. There is TONS of research on this but in the end play around with your doses and timing.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.31%

Glad I ran into this thread. I just got my first bottle yesterday ha. Thanks op!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.48%

I do the exact same thing but I use a free form amino acid complex I bought off ebay (Ajinomoto, the good stuff). I know there's a lot of talk about BCAA's but I figure why limit your muscles to just those 3 aminos, even if they are the most important, you're still missing out on others.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Pesonally I view their are 4 ideal times you want BCAA's: Upon Waking, Before Lifting, Intra or POst workout, and Before bed. Now I have a preferences of 4:1:1 BCAA's due to the higher luecine content. Anything higher then that I have not tried.

I take my BCAA's pre and post workout. Reasone for this is that ideally I want to activate mTOR before workouts to minimize protein degradation during workouts and post workout to increase MPS and help switch the body into an anabolic state. There is TONS of research on this but in the end play around with your doses and timing.
    Great post Andres. Layne Norton has done a ton of research on bcaa's. Ive used them when I first started,9.5 years ago and they do make a difference.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post

Same here, plus for me it also happens that the prewo dose is upon waking on empty,
    I usually take 30/40gr around my wo 10gr pre, 10/15gr intra and 10gr post
    optional 5gr before bed
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I do the exact same thing but I use a free form amino acid complex I bought off ebay (Ajinomoto, the good stuff). I know there's a lot of talk about BCAA's but I figure why limit your muscles to just those 3 aminos, even if they are the most important, you're still missing out on others.
    Have you tried PeptoPro? Its a complete protein that is absorbed very quickly. I stack this with Recoverpro immediately post-workout a carb source.

Also remember you are not "limiting" your body to these 3 amino acids. These 3 amino acids, especially leucing, can bypass liver metabolism and his your muscle faster. ALSO there are used to upregulate protein synthesis. Think of it like a catalyst more so then a source. This is why i eat 2 post-workout meals AFTER I ingest my postworkout Recoverpro. I start the process with something quick and then I continue to filter in whole food proteins that take a bit longer to assimilate.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.33%

Bcaa are normally taken intra workout ...
    or 5 grams pre 5 grams post depends
    If u can manage to drink it throughout workout
    I know people that can't even drink water while working out
    And On off days take 2-3 scoops in a gallon
    And sip throughout day ..
    That's what I do.. And btw blue raspberry xyend is awesome
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline310 View Post
    Bcaa are normally taken intra workout ...
    or 5 grams pre 5 grams post depends
    If u can manage to drink it throughout workout
    I know people that can't even drink water while working out
    And On off days take 2-3 scoops in a gallon
    And sip throughout day ..
    That's what I do.. And btw blue raspberry xyend is awesome
    This is pretty much exactly what I do. Depending on the BCAA that I'm taking. I agree, that blue raspberry xtend is amazing. Enjoying some RecoverPro right now.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.83%

Anyone have an opinion on BCAAs in capsule vs powder form?

I've used powder the most, but capsules seem to be more convenient, especially if I want to take them at different times than when I drink my shake. If its just a matter of preference I might stick with the caps for a while.

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA's vs EAA's
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  3. New BCAA/EAA Flavors and more BCAA's
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
  4. bcaa