casien powder and morning hunger?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I don't use it alot but when i do use casien i wake up the next morning more hungry/less energy then when i eat a whole food meal.
I do eat a veggie with both and healthy fats(almonds,almond butter,coconut meat ,ect.)

My whole food meal is turkey 2oz and 2oz 50%cheese with a veggie and a serv (15g)of fats sometimes 1 1/2 depending on macro needs for the day.

So my ?? is does anyone else get hungier when using casien??And what would cause this as im eating the same protein amount if not more.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
i always feel more full on real food vs protein powder

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Yep, solid food is always going to make you feel fuller for longer than a liquid meal. From the solid meal you have mentioned you are probably eating quite a few more calories with the solid meal that with the casein shake.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No I don't but the simple reason why is I construct my main macro profile without whey or casein. I then Add to my desired macro intake the casein and whey. I get in the sufficient amount of protein before I even factor in any supplemental protein.

Now what is causing the increase in hunger can be a number of factors, and to pinpoint one as the cause would be inaccurate at best.

Rather what is your daily macro split without casein/whey?

Houndoom57

Houndoom57

Awards
No I don't but the simple reason why is I construct my main macro profile without whey or casein. I then Add to my desired macro intake the casein and whey. I get in the sufficient amount of protein before I even factor in any supplemental protein.

Now what is causing the increase in hunger can be a number of factors, and to pinpoint one as the cause would be inaccurate at best.

Rather what is your daily macro split without casein/whey?
That is how it should be.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
same your money dont even buy the protein shakes..it doesnt make or break your gains..whole foods work just as well imo

Alpha Mind

Awards
100%

If I eat a whole food meal before bed, my hunger levels are normal. If I drink a casien protein shake, I'm ravenous.

Whole food > Protein Shakes'

All Day.