Very low Free T, low LH, lowish FSH
- 10-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Very low Free T, low LH, lowish FSH
To start off, I am 25 years old male with no previous steroid use. I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and Addison's Disease within the last 3 years. I had a pacemaker implanted 3 years ago as well, due to severe bradycardia and heart pauses caused by autonomic nervous damage (Celiac related). I recently had some blood work done by my Endo as I have been feeling like crap, even with my Cortisone medication. I pasted my results below. I just have a few questions and any help is appreciated.
1. I have a lot of counts that are low or lowish, but I was wondering about the LH/FSH and Free T. As soon as you google those tests being low, it comes up that you should have your pituitary checked by MRI. I can't have an MRI due to the pacemaker, but shouldn't I still have a CT? My Endo blames my Addison's disease, but it makes no sense has LH is made in the pituitary and Addison's affects the adrenal glands. Your Adrenal glands only makes 5-10% of your testosterone, so Addison's couldn't make my counts this low. My Gastro doctor agreed with me that my Endo should be looking into this. Does anybody here see why my Endo would not be looking into the pituitary?
2. I have been off and on STD/LTD at my job due to my past surgeries and health issues. I currently have been back at work for the last 4 months at home, but recently have missed some days due to feeling extremely ill. I feel extremely guilty due to how long I've been of and on LTD, but my life has been hell. Would these levels be the reason why I feeling so weak? I just can't function, I have headaches all day and my memory is very weak. I also have had some seizures, but all my EEG's are normal. Does any of this add up to my blood work?
3. My endo has put me on Androgel due to the very low Free T. He gave me a few years worth of prescriptions as he thinks it is low due to my Addison's, so I will always need it. Even if it is pituitary related, I'll likely need it long term. Am I going to be able to have kids or will Androgel make me sterile? Or am I likely already sterile with my levels as they are?
Thanks so much everyone, as I have had a terrible last few years. I am now 5'9" 131 lbs. 3 years ago I weighed 175lbs and was always in the gym with a good physique. With all my chronic illnesses, I've begun to become weak and have no muscle left. I basically feel like I am 80. I am hoping Androgel will allow me to gain some of my quality of life back. Any experience with it is appreciated.
Sorry for the long post...thank you all!!
Hormone - Adrenal/Pituitary
Cortisol - 238 (range 80 - 600)
Prolactin - 6 (range < 18)
LH - 1 (range 2 - 10) <-- LOW
FSH - 3 (range 2 - 12) <-- LOWISH
Free Testosterone: 1.2 (range 10.0 - 35.0) <-- VERY LOW
TSH - 1.4 (range 0.35 - 5.00)
Free T4 - 15 (range 12 - 22) <-- LOWISH
Free T3 - 3.7 (range 2.6 - 5.7) <-- LOWISH
Thyroid Antibodies - all came back negative (ones for hashi, graves)
Hemoglobin: 120 (range 140 - 170) <-- LOW
Hematocrit: 0.36 (range 0.39 - 0.49) <-- LOW
RBC: 3.99 (range 4.30 - 5.70) <-- LOW
MCV: 89 (range 80-97)
MCH: 30 (range 27-32)
MCHC: 342 (range 320 - 360)
RDW: 12 (range 11.5 - 15)
WBC: 3.8 (4.2 - 11.0) <-- LOW
Platelets: 170 (range 150 -400) <-- LOWISH
MPV: 9 (7 - 11)
ABS Neutrophils: 2.09 (range 1.80 - 7.00)
ABS LYmphocytes: 0.99 (range 1.00 - 4.00) <-- LOW
ABS Monocytes: 0.42 (range 0.00 - 0.80)
ABS Eosinophils: 0.27 (range 0.00 - 0.40)
ABS BAsophils: 0.04 (range 0.00 - 0.20)
Fasting Glucose: 3.9 (range 3.6 - 6.0) <-- LOWISH
Calcium: 2.31 (range 2.20 - 2.65) <-- LOWISH
Sodium: 136 (range 135 - 145) <-- LOWISH
Potasium: 4.5 (range 3.3 - 5.1)
Alkaline Phosphatase: 40 (range 40 -120) <-- LOWISH
B12: 148 (range 150 - 900) <-- LOW
Ferritin: 45 (range 16 - 300)
- 10-05-2011, 10:21 PM
- 5'9" 168 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
ive had almost the same issues bro, but i have not been diagnosed with celieacs or any of that so i am interested to see waht comes of this thread, i too was 175 5% bf and uite damn strong, playin college football now im about 140 same height of 5'9 and weak as hell, also on gel..... also got a messed up thyroid, not absorbing my nutrients ....dunno man, im still waiting on alot of answers, im gonna guess u got alot of testing ahead of u g/l
Similar Forum Threads
- By ctrlaltdel in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 29Last Post: 02-19-2011, 05:46 PM
- By custom in forum NutraplanetReplies: 31Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:45 AM
- By USPLabs in forum SupplementsReplies: 476Last Post: 05-07-2007, 03:14 PM