Get Lean Cereal - AnabolicMinds.com

Get Lean Cereal

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Get Lean Cereal

Ok i picked up a box of this today and i have yet to try it but am eagerly waiting to try it tommorow, i don't know if any of you have heard of it but basically its labeled as having as much protein per serving as an egg. The flavor i got has 13g protein only 6g sugar with a good amount of fiber and whole grains. Ingredient panel looks solid, im no expert but it seems like a solid all around cereal especially for me when im on the run.

What do you guys think about it?

Its "Get Lean" by kashi they have the get lean line i guess.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its ok
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Sugar doesn't always matter alot has to do with the gi load of it,like cheerios has zero sugar but has a higher gi then a bananna(71)which isn't good almost anytime of the day except morning/post.
    I've had good luck with kashi heart to heart warm cinn its extremly good (cheerios suck!)has 5g sugar and is whole grain cheerios are to but there more refined grains which is why the gi is so high
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Gi is meanless. Find another reason to eat your foods man. If you combine your carbs with protein and fats the gi scale no longer matters, same as if you dont eat the amount they used to come up with the load.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  325 lbs.

Honestly i have never heard of this thing before.
    I would love to see a picture of the thing though.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It tastes better than then Special K protein cereal, but I would still rather have shredded wheat or grape nuts. Kellogs Product 19 is good taste wise as well.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

i just got a box from the supermarket last week to give it a try. it tastes great and i use soy milk with it making 20 grams of protein all together. Makes a good snack during the day and satisfies my carb cravings.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

If gi is meaningless then why is there so much hype post w/o??Do you use dextrose in your shake if you do why?
    Remember a calorie isn't always just a calorie you can use them to reach your goal faster by eating the right things at the right times.
    Its like white rice and brown rice,why do ya eat brown rice (if you do)rather then white?
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Its meanless since you combine foods and dont always eat the amount used to get the numbers. And of course there are better options out there for foods since say brown rice has more fiber and micro nutritents compared to white rice. Other things to look at when picking carb sources is how acidic or alkyline it is. And no I dont use dextrose post-wo. Unless you train fasted or are an endurence athlete or train multiple times a day, there is no reason to worry about how fast you refill glycogen. Since glycogen will refill within 24hrs post wo if you just eat. The post-wo window is overrated. I just hit my macros for the day and be done with it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Same here ,almost my entire diet is whole foods except whey post training.My diet (meal plan)is tailered to me and my training/job.So i really can't tell anybody to use mine can just give basic info on foods ect.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Name:  kashi.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  52.0 KB

Theres a pic, it actually tastes pretty good the nutrition facts are solid a lot of people are put off immediately by cereal since most of cereal is pure crap with no real nutritional benefit. But this seems to kinda seperate itself from the pack a bit 13g protein 10g fiber i usually double the serving so im grabbing about 30g protein and 350 cals with milk which is a solid morning breakfast in my mind.

I've been using this on days im either too busy or too lazy to cook eggs obviously theres nutritents like omega-3 in eggs (i buy the omega-3 enriched eggs) that are useful among other nutritents but also having this to change pace and not kill my diet is nice.
  12. New Member

Ok i picked up a box of this today and i have yet to try it but am eagerly waiting to try it tommorow, i don't know if any of you have heard of it but basically its labeled as having as much protein per serving as an egg. The flavor i got has 13g protein only 6g sugar with a good amount of fiber and whole grains. Ingredient panel looks solid, im no expert but it seems like a solid all around cereal especially for me when im on the run.

What do you guys think about it?

Its "Get Lean" by kashi they have the get lean line i guess.
    Are you planning on eating that w milk?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Ya i use milk i only use a little bit though.
  14. New Member

If you find it hard to get away from milk try the UNSWEETENED Almond Milk from Blue Almond. I was struggling so much with cutting that last bit of body fat to get below 10% and the Dairy (milk the majority) really made a big difference. Just for me I do an egg with 5 whites, 1 cup oatmeal, and 4tbsp of Natural peanut butter. The sugar in the peanutbutter gives me my "sweet" fix for the morning.(only do it b/c im bulking now tho.

Sorry to ramble, Hope this helps bro.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Remember its soy protein tho, which is garbage
  16. New Member

Remember its soy protein tho, which is garbage
    ^ No, its not. Soy and Lactose free. If they lie on the front of the carten im sure Blue Diamond would b out of business by now. Main INgredients : Water and Almonds
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25

^ No, its not. Soy and Lactose free. If they lie on the front of the carten im sure Blue Diamond would b out of business by now. Main INgredients : Water and Almonds
    He was talking about the cereal
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Yeah i'd try ti stay away from soy,i tried one cereal that had soy in it and it made me feel like crap believe soy lowers t-levels or raises estrogen.
  19. New Member

He was talking about the cereal
    Sorry SweetLou.lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cereal ftw
    By time lord in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:58 AM
  2. Ezekiel Cereal
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3