The 6 foods that work.. 8 week trial (with pics)

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;NnPDWklSLz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnPDWklSLz8[/video]
Dave Pucinella (in the video) was featured on superhuman radio talking about his journey with bodybuilding and nutrition. He claims you can gain weight and loose bodyfat with these 6 specific clean foods.

PULCINELLA_03.jpg

Ill be sticking to these foods. Ill start at about 2500 cals

730am 3 Egg Whites and 3 whole eggs: 311cal
50g whey protein: 200cal
¼ Cup Oats: 151cal, 26g carb
1 banana
662 cal, 80g protein, 46g carb

10am 8oz Tuna: 262 cal, 50g protein
Sweet Potato: 162 cal, 37g carb
424 cal, 50g protein, 37g carb

1230am Baked chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein
5oz Broccoli: 54 cal
Salad
338 cal, 50g protein, 10g carb

3pm Baked chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein
Salad

530pm 8-10oz steak: 427 cal , 68g protein
5 oz Brocolli: 54 cal, 10g carb

8pm 50g whey protein: 200cal, 50g protein
200 cal, 50g protein
10pm (optional) Baked Chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein
284cal, 50g protein

As I gain weight (with no increase in bodyfat %) I will add a few more carbohydrates.

Workout:
Ill be doing a split body workout hitting legs every 10 days... ive been using this routine a couple months now so I wont be changing anything except diet. I lift heavy and implement FST-7

Cardio will be at least once daily.. usually 30 min slow sustained post workout.

Supps: Creatine, fish oil, multi, vitamin D. I wanna get my hands on some glutamine and BCAA's soon and I need to grab a preworkout supp. I also drink about 32 ounces of green tea a day.

Water will be 1.5-2 gallons daily

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to follow

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
IMG00557-20110830-1436.jpg

8-30 leg.jpg

8-30 (2).jpg

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea, starting weight: 209 lbs

Ill post todays workout later

Also, there will be no deviations from this diet.. anything different will be logged

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
good luck man. although it appears quite low in fat (for my liking), that diet looks killer. if ur BF could read, i bet it'd be nervous.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
In to follow
Good to have you brother
good luck man. although it appears quite low in fat (for my liking), that diet looks killer. if ur BF could read, i bet it'd be nervous.
Mine too. Ive been high fat and low low carb for awhile now and just cant seem to get past this plateau.

We will reveal whether or not this diet works for everyone as claimed. I get fat on too many carbs, but my theory is that when i was eating carbs i was eating the wrong ones, the wrong amount, and at the wrong times. Pulcinella claims that with these specific foods, and no outside junk thrown in, bodyfat will decrease.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't like any diet that restricts natural foods. A wide variety of meats/fish, vegetables, fruits, and whole starch sources will provide a much better nutrient spectrum then broccoli and chicken.

Br

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I don't like any diet that restricts natural foods. A wide variety of meats/fish, vegetables, fruits, and whole starch sources will provide a much better nutrient spectrum then broccoli and chicken.

Br
I know what youre saying man.. im a little sceptical about the lack of micronutrients also. However, he doesnt stay on it more than 20 weeks, im only doing 8. Also, tuna is included so its not just chicken, im getting plenty of omega 3's. Im also including plenty of leafy greens- as noted in my daily regimine. There are plenty of reasons he doesnt eat a "wide variety" of foods: high GI, lectins, and undesired macronutrient ratio are some reasons.

Like I said, this isnt conventional but allegedly its worked for Dave and many others so im giving it a shot

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in to follow. Though I follow a paleo style of eating I do agree that to obtain low levels of bodyfat sometimes "healthy" eating is not the right way to obtain this.
At least by my standards. But it's all opinion anyway. At least, in my opinion. :)

Good luck!

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder workout:

Lateral Raises: 35's x 10, 10, 10, 10

Rear Flys: 45's x 12, 10, 10, 10

Front raises: 50's x 12, 12, 10

Shrugs: 110's x 10, 10, 10

FST-7 Cable lateral raises

Calf raises: stack x 20, 20, 20, 18

30 min on bike @ 120bpm

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Why not implement a compound movement into that shoulder workout? maybe it doesn't work for you but my shoulders don't grow unless I do some shoulder presses. Just a thought not trying to criticize

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
No problem. I dont wanna overtrain my triceps.. My workout routine goes chest, shoulders, arms, back. My shoulders are a prominent area and I find that they grow without presses. Also, I use a lot of incline press on chest day, so my shoulders are engaged.

If you check out my profile pic, youll see they are quite rounded.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
No profile pic, atleast not on the AM app

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
contest 2.jpg

Id like to get that last few percent of bodyfat off my abs. I really wanna put mass on my legs (calfs) and chest also but ill have to focus on that later.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Lookin good man, calves are hard. Luckily I was born with them so I don't really work on them, you would look pretty mean with a little bit more size on the biceps

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Lookin good man, calves are hard. Luckily I was born with them so I don't really work on them, you would look pretty mean with a little bit more size on the biceps
Thanks man ive just started some extreme stretching between calf raises to stretch the fascia.. hopefully will allow them to grow a bit. Ill keep the biceps in mind tonight during arm workout

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Is there an app for blackberry or just Iphone?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I have mine on iPhone never saw a blackberry one, search the store for anabolic minds

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Arms workout

BB curls: 40 x10, 80x10, 110 x8, 80x10

Standing DB curls 45'sx 12, 12, 12

Hammer curls 65'sx 12, 10, 10

FST- 7 check

CG bench press 135x10, 225x10, 245x6, 225x10

Cable pushdowns stack x 12, 12, 12

DB overhead ext. 100x10,10, 10

FST 7 check

30 min slow sustained cardio @120bpm

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I was looing particularly veiny during biceps.. also forgot to mention that ive been on this diet a week now so this is week 2.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
He seems like a dick, doesnt mean hes not right, so I would like to follow your progress, sub'd.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Drank 2 beers tonight out with a buddy i hadnt seen in awhile. Everything else was on point. No workout or cardio today. Will pound legs tommorow.

Also want to add that im not feeling to bad on the small amount of carbs.

Annnnnnnnd, Ive been thinking, when I weigh myself sunday and the scale is up, down, or stagnant- how do I adjust my cals? Lets say its up.. if 2 pounds or less I should probably add a few cals. If more than 2 Ill decrease them accordingly. If i weigh less.. should I increase? The whole idea about this clean clean diet is that ill shed fat.. so if Im lighter, I should probably increase calories to feed the muscles to grow as I lean up. Anybody have any theories about this. Im open to suggestions. I guess I should set a goal because without one Im continuing on blindly.

Ok my goal will be to recomp (via this diet only) without losing > 5 pounds. So if im less come sunday.. ill assume its bodyfat lost and add some calories.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
He seems like a dick, doesnt mean hes not right, so I would like to follow your progress, sub'd.
I gotta admit though i feel like he does in this video sometimes.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Went out with this chick earlier and had 3 casadias lol.. everything else on point.

Just finished pounding legs earlier.. 20 min cardio afterwards.

Leg ext. warm ups

Squats 135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 315x8

Leg presses 8 plates each side x 10, 8, 7plates x 10, 10

Hack squats (very deep): 2 plates each side x 10,10, 10

Leg exts. 190x 10, 8 170x10, 10

No leg curls, my gym was closing. Also slightly strained my left patellar tendon.. It may have something to do with caloric deficit. I was also weaker on ALL lifts so not real sure what this diet is physiologically doing. Im thinking i may not be getting enough fats to lubricate joints and get testosterone up..

Oh well, thats the point of giving this a trial run.

Im gonna go ahead a weigh myself in the morning to see if ive lost > 2 pounds. If so, i will increase calories immediately.

PS there shouldnt be anymore deviations from the diet :D

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
205.5 this am. Dammit.. I will increase cals today. Ill add another 1/4 of oats in meal 1 and thrown in another serving of carbs in the third meal with everything else the same.

I dont think im gonna cut down on any cardio just because i dont wanna lose the cardiorespiratory benefits. I may purchase some BCAA's today.

Put some ice on the knee last night. Ill ice again today.. ive got deadlifts to do later and dont want the knee acting up.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
8-30 second week (2).jpg

8-30 front second week (2).jpg

Ill start checking bodyweight twice weekly and post pics once a week

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
So I inreasedcals by about 300- all carbs. Picked up some glutamine/bcaa's mix from vitamin shoppe today. Ive never used either.. so im excited to see myself hopefully hold onto some muscle.

Back:

Deadlifts 135x10, 225x8, 315x8, 365x6, 315x8

Lat pulldowns 160x10, 8, 140x10, 10

Close grip pulldowns 120x9, 9, 9

Shrugs 120'sx 10, 10 135 on smith x 12/12, 10/10

Forearm curls check

only 15 min cardio the gym was closing

I was thinking about it during my workout tonight.. Im probably losing weight because of altered nutrient-insulin process with such clean eating. Im taking in about the same amount of calories I was before the diet.. just more protein and carbs instead of fat, and much cleaner with no cheat meals every three days. So even with the increase in calories I should continue to gradually lose weight.. the concept is that im gaining muscle and losing fat (recomping), therefore my BMR is increased requiring more calories for maintanence.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I will start numbering days. This is day 11. If I get some satisfactory results at 8 weeks ill keep going

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Heres this weeks plan.

730am 3 Egg Whites and 3 whole eggs: 311cal
50g whey protein: 200cal
½ Cup Oats: 300cal, 52g carb

812 cal, 80g protein, 52g carb

10am 8oz Tuna: 262 cal, 50g protein
¼ cup oats: 151 cal, 26g carb

412 cal, 50g protein, 26g carb

1230am Baked chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein
¼ cup oats: 151 cal, 26g carb
Salad

435 cal, 50g protein, 25g carb

3pm Baked chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein
Salad

530pm Baked chicken breast: 284 cal , 50g protein
5 oz Brocolli: 54 cal, 10g carb

338cal, 50g protein, 10g carb

8pm 50g whey protein: 200cal, 50g protein

200 cal, 50g protein

10pm (optional) Baked Chicken breast: 284 cal, 50g protein

284cal, 50g protein,

2819 cals
124g carbs
350g protein

Chest tonight

Incline DB presses 60'sx10, 85'sx10, 110'sx10, 120'sx6, 100'sx10
Iso presses 245x 10, 225x10, 10, 10
Decline Iso Presses 225x8, 205x8, 135x12, 12
Abs check
Calves check

20 min cardio @120bpm

I wanted to add another exercise but after those incline db's i was fried lol
No FST-7.. I dont see a big difference with this ive been using it a few weeks now.. i feel like its making my muscles more oxidative, thus decreasing fiber size.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Ill monitor weight again wednesday.. also i may increase my water intake atleast half a gallon. This creatine is causing me to hold subcutaneous water and that happens when there isnt enough water in cells.

Im quite solid and lean around the waist in the am so im pretty sure its water and not fat.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill monitor weight again wednesday.. also i may increase my water intake atleast half a gallon. This creatine is causing me to hold subcutaneous water and that happens when there isnt enough water in cells.

Im quite solid and lean around the waist in the am so im pretty sure its water and not fat.
Water balance is crucial for looking lean. I hate it when I forget to bring my water to work or out with me and my body just bloats up

titannn

Awards
Water balance is crucial for looking lean. I hate it when I forget to bring my water to work or out with me and my body just bloats up
Water balance is more important than we can imagine

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Water balance is more important than we can imagine
Man drive around for work so i took my gallon jug with me but it got warm.. gotta invest in a small cooler lol

And for some reason my tap water has tasted like dirt the past few days..:yell: im on the east coast so maybe the hurricane had something to do with it.

SizeUp

Awards
I'm in bro. Workouts look solid. When was the pic taken at the contest in relation to the first pics posted?

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay to the few of you who are following lol... school and work.. ugh!

Day 16

Weighed in at 204.5 wednesday morning right after rolling out of bed. Thats 1 pound down from sunday so I increased carbs to 1/2 cup of oats for meals 1, 2, and 3.

Im not real sure if I can actually grow and lean up at the same time without gear. Pulcinella accomplished it but he was running some stuff 20 weeks out from his show.

Im wondering if I should simply try and keep weigh loss to 2 pounds or less each week instead of attempting to stay around my starting weight (209). I look like i may be getting leaner in the mirror and my strength isnt diminishing noticeably.. great pumps and look big with some veins popping in the gym. Theres one vein in my right bicep i use to kinda monitor bf%.. it dissapears when I go over 13 or so percent. Its barely visible now.

Any suggestions?? Ill probably try and keep my starting weight to make the results seem valid. If im leaner at the end with same bodyweight, it will be a success.

Tonight was arms, nothing spectacular. Was closegripping 245 for 6-8. Had a nice pump and threw in some FST's at the end.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I'm in bro. Workouts look solid. When was the pic taken at the contest in relation to the first pics posted?
Good to have you bro. Good question, that was this past April. I wasnt conditioned at all.. got 4th. I was the biggest guy there at about 5'9, 218. I really wanna shred but its like im an endo around the waist lol. Hopefully this extremely clean eating will do the trick

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Heres another.. I felt leaner before the contest.. less bloated.
contest 2 (2).jpg

SizeUp

Awards
So what's the overall goal man? Are you wanting more to shred down or gain.. i feel like you are conflicted?? But i would say if you weigh the same w/ lower % at the end that's def a success... and u would have gained muscle and lost fat. Are u taking anythig otc to help hormone wise? even a natty test boost could help

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Look good in your contest pic, however; I think you needed 6 more weeks of dieting. I am sub'd Bezoe

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
So what's the overall goal man? Are you wanting more to shred down or gain.. i feel like you are conflicted?? But i would say if you weigh the same w/ lower % at the end that's def a success... and u would have gained muscle and lost fat. Are u taking anythig otc to help hormone wise? even a natty test boost could help
No hormones. Just BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, fish oil , and multi. I guess my goal is to recomp. Im gonna follow his regimine.. he stated "grow into a show". He meant that the leaner you get and more you grow, the more clean calories you can take in. He said he started at 2500 cals and 20 weeks later right before the show he was 5000+ cals.
Look good in your contest pic, however; I think you needed 6 more weeks of dieting. I am sub'd Bezoe
I agree. maybe even longer.. all meat and grease and no carbs makes bezoe a tired motherfacker lol. Good to have you

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Ran out of ****ing eggs last night so didnt get any this morning. Everything else diet wise on point. Up to 1.5 gallons h2o.

Back:
Pull ups- bodyweight x 10, 8, 8
DB rows- 120's x 10/10, 10/10, 10/10
Iso lat pulls- 2 plates +25x 10 , 10
Seated Rows- 150x10, 10
Shrugs- 120'sx10, 10... smith machine 135x12/12, 12/12 (these i stand with my side to the bar and shrug each shoulder isolaterally)
Calves check

Felt pretty good.. its cold as the arctic in my gym, hardly even break a sweat i hate that ****. Athletes like to be warm when they train lol

Oh and a side note.. im one belt hole down. Not sure what my weight is I may check that tmrow instead of sunday so I can adjust accordingly

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im still following along. Hows the temper on this diet now?

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Man im craving a large pepperoni pizza and cinammon sticks lol.. gotta stay focused.

203.8 this morning.. **** **** ****

I keep increasing cals and keep losing weight. Its been a LONG time since I ate this clean consistently. Even when I dieted for the show i was getting about 2 cheat meals a week.

One thing I am concerned about is the lack of good fats in this diet and their numerous functions in the body- inluding TEST PRODUCTION. Pulcinella was definetely using plenty of gear during this diet.. but for me, without gear, its gonna be hard to keep strength up without adequate fat intake. I can only rely on endogenous test.. thats makes me worry. I wonder how much a few teaspoons of EVOO would affect the results?

Because my weight was down again, ive added cals again. Another 1/2 cup oats added to meal 4 and 2 whole eggs thrown into the PWO shake.

Chest tonight:
Incline DB press 100'sx10, 110'sx8, 100'sx8, 8
Iso press 2 plates x 10, 8, 8
DB pullovers 105x10, 8,8
Incline flys 45'sx10, 70'sx5, 50'sx7 (tried the 70's because last time i did flys i was up around 70's-80 pound dumbbells.. havent done flys in awhile and I weigh alot less now)

I felt weaker tonight.. indicates a loss of muscle and i can feel it. Im really debating adding some fat..

Ill have some pics up tmrow

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Craziness with adding more and losing more! Two things that I would like to comment on; one being that two cheat meals a week during a show diet is a "bad idea" :fool2: Another thing is that just because your losing strength doesn't mean your "losing muscle." Strength is more than just having muscle, there's neural adaptations dealing with recruiting more motor units to perform the designated stressors to the muscle your targeting. Also I am positive you know that some days are better than others, just keep on doing what your doing and see how things go. Don't let one day get ya down bro. Train your mind so that your body will follow. It's all about strength of mind, little mishaps take as they are and steam roll over them. Keep on going I am keepin up with this thread

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Craziness with adding more and losing more! Two things that I would like to comment on; one being that two cheat meals a week during a show diet is a "bad idea" :fool2: Another thing is that just because your losing strength doesn't mean your "losing muscle." Strength is more than just having muscle, there's neural adaptations dealing with recruiting more motor units to perform the designated stressors to the muscle your targeting. Also I am positive you know that some days are better than others, just keep on doing what your doing and see how things go. Don't let one day get ya down bro. Train your mind so that your body will follow. It's all about strength of mind, little mishaps take as they are and steam roll over them. Keep on going I am keepin up with this thread
Actually strength and muscle are very closely related. Loss of muscle mass means a loss of muscle fibers able to be recruited through motor units. Motor unit is the nerve cell body and the fibers it innervates. No fibers to innervate means less neurons firing, which will elicit a weaker muscle contraction. A neuron either fires or it doesn't- all or none principle. Nevertheless, you are right about other factors affecting strength, but IME I can tell that my body is getting weaker. Usually happens in pressing movements first. Ive had to decrease weight during legs also. I just dont wanna diminish too much.

And next time there will be no pizza and cinammon sticks during contest prep.. the gf was a bad influence but shes history :D

So my plan is to increase fats through whole eggs. Pulcinella considers this one of the exceptions

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Day 19
203.4- the lightest ive been in about 2 years

third week front 2.jpg

third week side 2.jpg

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Happy 10 year anniversary of 9/11 everyone. Lets remember those who lost their lives and those who were courageous and saved lives, and be proud of our nation.