Nutrition out the window!

VeeSix

Awards
How do folk deal with situations where you have to let you diet slip?

For instance, the family meal on Sunday, the missus/mother/girlfriend/sister/daughter spends all morning slaving over the stove, you have guests round (typically extended family) and a big roast is put on.

You cannot really refuse such a meal as it will cause issues, and you are aware that even thinking about refusing it is a sign of getting a little too OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about the whole fitness situation.

Or alternatively when you are round a mate's house or are eating at a restaurant?

Little slips here and there could be good for you?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Simply put....I cause issues. It's their issue, not mine.

RedneckDB

Awards
Yup I continue to cause issues... Not in a rude way just stick to your guns unless it's your 'cheat' meal for the week/day etc

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless you are prepping for some contest, then go a head and eat and enjoy the meal with the family.

What is so wrong about a pot roast anyway? It could fit in with just about any diet you might be on. Plus sitting down to eat with friends and family doesn't mean you have to gorge and stuff your face

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
enjoy your life, i rarely turn down chicken wings n beer.

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
eat it!!!! i try to have a strict diet but i dont compete in annything, i do it for the love, so i say i eat a cheat meal maybe 1-3 times a week but when i do its in moderation, i love hot wings but i dont it 20 of them, just moderate the intake, and you will be fine,
you live once so enjoy.
i had a friend who got to the point where he was happy how he looked and had a whole cheat day every saturdays, i mean cheat like 10 soft tacos from taco bell in one sitting kinda cheat, but he trained hard all week for that one day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just tell ppl I don't eat fake food.
Sugar, flour, soy (was not meant to be eaten IMO) I consider fake.
Anything else I'll eat. I'll eat sugar in sauces for meat though. When my wife or mother inlaw cooks it.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
simple, it should be a life style not a "diet" that is not your norm.
or a diet that is too extreme, your better off just cutting a couple things out at a time, rather then doing a overhale and not end up keeping with it.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
and i ALWAYS have 1-2 cheat days a week. dont mater if im cutting or bulking. its good!
eat that whole fuking pizza in a day while cutting hard. it will acually most likely shock your body to burnng MORE fat over the next few days when your back to eating less.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Anything else I'll eat. I'll eat sugar in sauces for meat though. When my wife or mother inlaw cooks it.
soy is a plant/bean just like say back beans. itsnot a fake source.
BTW i dont eat meat and have put on 40lb and lost BF% to about 13% in the last 5 yrs so i do know how to eat.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah. Sorry to put the emphasis on soy. I don't eat any beans.
But yes bodybuilders and physical experts all over the world have gotten to sub 5% bf without meat and eating a lot of what I consider fake foods. It's all what you believe.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paleo?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Pot roast isn't bad the mashed potatoes,buttered veggies,gravies,desserts ect..is what makes these family time meals bad.
I myself don't care what my family thinks they should be supportive of how i eat and know that i don't eat these kinds of "food"and not think i have a disorder because i eat healthy.Cheat day or not i still eat clean,inturn i feel better.
I eat what i eat and they eat what they eat.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
basically... also I have a really acute gluten sensitivity so I cant eat anything with flour in it.

I might have posted this in the low T thread but my diet as a youth consisted of Soy products, rice, and 48 cans of soda a week. I have one broken testy, and weight 260lbs at age 16. I NEVER ate cakes, breads, or flour products really on basis that I never really enjoyed them...Meat has always been my go to food... but I had to eat what was given to me... Natto, Tofu, soy beans, rice, miso soup. And what seemed to be an endless supply of soda.

VeeSix

Awards
I have been eating healthily for over 4 months now - I had my first McDonalds burger a few days ago as a cheat, and it literally went straight through me and upset my stomach. Guess no more cheats there! Suppose my body has adjusted to lower/healthier forms of nutrition now.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been eating healthily for over 4 months now - I had my first McDonalds burger a few days ago as a cheat, and it literally went straight through me and upset my stomach. Guess no more cheats there! Suppose my body has adjusted to lower/healthier forms of nutrition now.
You should try squeezing one.... I like hamburgers, I like bacon, but when I squeezed it by accident some thick yellowish liquid came out... That was it. haha. I'll just make my hambergers at home.