ok need help - AnabolicMinds.com

ok need help

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

ok need help

well im goin clubbing in a lil bit but the problem is i eat 7 meals daily n if i got clubbin im going to have to skip 2 meals is this bad if your a wieghtlifter trying to gain wieght?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyszero View Post
    well im goin clubbing in a lil bit but the problem is i eat 7 meals daily n if i got clubbin im going to have to skip 2 meals is this bad if your a wieghtlifter trying to gain wieght?
    Well man the real question is- do u wanna be huge or do u wanna get hammered and look appealing for one night?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Chugg some protein shakes when you get out the club.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.

Hey bud, I've actually dealt with this multiple times. If I knew I was gonna be out from like 10pm-4am I'd make sure I made one dense shake before I went out. Try to get Casein protein in there so your muscles have a little extra time before your body reaches catabolism. And I know clubbing isn't usually fun without drinking but you should cut alcohol out all together as it completely halts protein synthesis.

Alcohol.....

"1) It negatively affects protein synthesis.

Protein synthesis is the process where amino acids are joined together to form complete proteins. Excessive alcohol consumption slows this process down by up to 20%, and since your muscles are made up of protein, you can see how this is a problem.

2) It lowers testosterone levels and increases estrogen.

Testosterone is the most important muscle-building hormone in your body. One of the limiting factors that determines how much muscle a person can gain is their level of free-flowing testosterone.

3) It causes dehydration.

The kidneys must filter very large amounts of water in order to break down the alcohol, and this can result in severe dehydration within the body. Water plays an absolutely crucial role in the muscle-building process, and being even slightly dehydrated is a recipe for disaster. The muscles alone are comprised of 70% water.

4) It depletes the body of vitamins and minerals.

Alcohol consumption causes vitamins A, C, the B's, calcium, zinc and phosphorus to all be drained at rapid rates. Vitamins and minerals keep every little process in your body functioning properly, and many of these processes involve muscle growth and maintenance.

5) It increases fat storage.

With 7 empty calories per gram, alcohol can actually be quite fattening. Alcohol also disrupts the Kreb's Cycle, which plays an important role in fat burning."

Everything in moderation my friend, can't deny yourself a life if it isn't worth living. Cheers
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I go out dancing and partying every so often, but I don't really drink anymore. I had 6oz of beer last night after not drinking for one year. Go out have fun and drink if you want (you only live once), but I don't. Get a good shake in or some bars. Or train the **** trail mix and snack on that while you're out if you're really worried.
    ACSM-CPT