Attention! Stop Counting Calories

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
That is the new sign that I had seen in my doctors office. I asked him about the sign in his office and he told me that is a new statement by the FDA. He went on to tell me that they also change the food pyramid to a portion pie chart. So should we just be completely oblivious to our calorie intake and only be concerned about portions. I'm a pretty heavy guy and I've been counting calories for a long time so maybe there is some truth to the madness. Intrigue me!

03pyramid-plate-articleInline.jpg

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Heard it cost $2 million for that design.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Wait Wut? It cost millions for this change (of our hard earned tax paying money) and its still not right.

We

Todd

Did

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Yes, clearly our obesity problem in America is because so many people are counting calories. :burger:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I guess a simple poster that said Stop Eating Sh*t - would have been to simple and cheap?

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
See the problem with this is, I was told by my doctor that I should eat at-least 2000 calories a day. But When I looked at a chart for my height and weight it said in order for me to lose weight is to eat no more then 1600 calories a day which seems extremely low. So maybe they are right about this. After further investigation. I realized that the portions are ridiculous because in reality the portion size is diffident for everybody depending on their height, weight, and metabolism. I've tried everything from doing insane amounts of cadio; taking diet pills; and reducing my calorie intake to 1600 a day. None of them have worked for me. So now my next step is to try this portion thing and take Drive and Erase because I've seen a lot of people say positive things about these two supplements. If you think I'm on the right track with this let me know.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that people think losing weight is some kind of complicated, secretive, magic place of narnia method, when in reality it's quite simple. Reading the stickies on here would tell you everything you need to know.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
The problem is that people think losing weight is some kind of complicated, secretive, magic place of narnia method, when in reality it's quite simple. Reading the stickies on here would tell you everything you need to know.
I'm not sure what you mean by stickies, but let me know what supplements would be good for increasing metabolism and boosting my thyroid I would appreciate it.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you mean by stickies, but let me know what supplements would be good for increasing metabolism and boosting my thyroid I would appreciate it.
It's called exercise not supplements, they can only aid. Diet and exercise is king, cardio in the morning, working with weights - big compound moves. The more mass you have the more calories and essentially fat you can burn. Don't focus on restricting calories so much, this will eventually cause your metabolism to come to a halt and you won't be burning any fat - increase daily activities instead. Peace

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
See the problem with this is, I was told by my doctor that I should eat at-least 2000 calories a day. But When I looked at a chart for my height and weight it said in order for me to lose weight is to eat no more then 1600 calories a day which seems extremely low. So maybe they are right about this. After further investigation. I realized that the portions are ridiculous because in reality the portion size is diffident for everybody depending on their height, weight, and metabolism. I've tried everything from doing insane amounts of cadio; taking diet pills; and reducing my calorie intake to 1600 a day. None of them have worked for me. So now my next step is to try this portion thing and take Drive and Erase because I've seen a lot of people say positive things about these two supplements. If you think I'm on the right track with this let me know.
you are kidding right? no seriously... I almost have to call TROLL on this. Your topic AND post is beyond ridiculous.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would try getting a blood test, if you've tried everything like you said then might be something hormonal. For my wife I found its both psychological and hormonal so bloods could lead you in the right direction.

What worked for me is lowering my meat portions, raising my vegetables portion (all from my garden none from store,) carbs only on weekends and 1 hour cardio a day. I've dropped weight and I'm still setting personal records on my lifts. Before I forget I stopped all powder protein shakes and blend eggs with Gatorade. Doing this gives me the protein and lots of extra calories to fulfill my diet needs.

This is just an example of how changing your diet and cardio strategically will get you the results not powders.

To close Drive and Erase are amazing products you can also try Drive and RPM as they are made to compliment each other and boost effectiveness.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your watching portion size, then your counting calories. In many ways they are one in the same. Just practice looking at your plate as three divisions: One protein/fat, one carb and one fiber. Choose carb choice that are around the size of your balled fist and protein/fat/meat choice the size of the palm of your hand. Do this for 3-5 meals and you are counting portions!!

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
If your watching portion size, then your counting calories. In many ways they are one in the same. Just practice looking at your plate as three divisions: One protein/fat, one carb and one fiber. Choose carb choice that are around the size of your balled fist and protein/fat/meat choice the size of the palm of your hand. Do this for 3-5 meals and you are counting portions!!
Okay I'll give it a try for sure, but right now I'm eating a couple of protein bars or oatmeal for breakfast then I'm drinking a meal replacement shake for lunch and a good dinner as long as it keeps me below 2000 calories. I just stated this a week ago and I've already dropped five lbs. But I think its just water weight. The side effect from doing this is I feel light headed and I get headaches sometimes, but its working. I don't know whats causing this besides that fact that I'm not eating as much. I think I need to add a supplement to prevent this side effect, but I'm not sure what to add because I don't know why I'm feeling this way. If anyone has any ideas one what I can add to my stack please intrigue me. I'm currently stacking with Shift and Erase.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
you are kidding right? no seriously... I almost have to call TROLL on this. Your topic AND post is beyond ridiculous.
Okay the definition of a TROLL is someone who posts inflammatory, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum. So I don't see how talking about eating healthy, counting calories and taking supplements to lose weight and in get is shape in a Nutrition/Health forum is off-topic or inflammatory. I think your the Troll buddy. :stupid:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay I'll give it a try for sure, but right now I'm eating a couple of protein bars or oatmeal for breakfast then I'm drinking a meal replacement shake for lunch and a good dinner as long as it keeps me below 2000 calories. I just stated this a week ago and I've already dropped five lbs. But I think its just water weight. The side effect from doing this is I feel light headed and I get headaches sometimes, but its working. I don't know whats causing this besides that fact that I'm not eating as much. I think I need to add a supplement to prevent this side effect, but I'm not sure what to add because I don't know why I'm feeling this way. If anyone has any ideas one what I can add to my stack please intrigue me. I'm currently stacking with Shift and Erase.
Make sure your getting in more complex carbs and drink at least 2 liters of water or so. Should help with the side effects you are having. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Good luck man.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
Make sure your getting in more complex carbs and drink at least 2 liters of water or so. Should help with the side effects you are having. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Good luck man.
Your probably right, because I cut my carbs to almost none so I could drop the fat off. I think I'm going to start adding beans to my regimen and see how that goes. Thanks

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Okay the definition of a TROLL is someone who posts inflammatory, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum. So I don't see how talking about eating healthy, counting calories and taking supplements to lose weight and in get is shape in a Nutrition/Health forum is off-topic or inflammatory. I think your the Troll buddy. :stupid:
you are posting that counting calories is not the solution to weight loss... a well known PROVEN fact and then you suggest the new food Plate is actually the way to go which we again is PROVEN bull****.

you are posting counter to proven facts, that would be inflammatory.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
you are posting that counting calories is not the solution to weight loss... a well known PROVEN fact and then you suggest the new food Plate is actually the way to go which we again is PROVEN bull****.

you are posting counter to proven facts, that would be inflammatory.
Okay If you read the post correctly. The Stop Counting Calories statement was on a poster that I had seen in my doctors office. I'm not backing this statement nor do I think anyone should stop counting calories. I just thought it would bring up interesting decision and apparently it has. lol :)

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would add bananas to your diet, maybe more fruit or wheat bread. If I was feeling side effects from lower calories I don't believe the supplements you suggested would fix that.

For instance I'm dieting myself now and I eat a comfortable 3k minimum in calories sometimes 4k because all the eggs eat from shakes. I would rather you eat healthier, cut back on protein bars and powder, all that is processed and not as healthy as you think.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Okay If you read the post correctly. The Stop Counting Calories statement was on a poster that I had seen in my doctors office. I'm not backing this statement nor do I think anyone should stop counting calories. I just thought it would bring up interesting decision and apparently it has. lol :)
I havent but will go re-read, I suppose I misunderstood.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you think that protein bars or oatmeal is a good breakfast, or a meal replacement shake is a good lunch, I sort of have to question what you think a "good dinner" is. Maybe the way your diet is structured is a big piece of the problem. Try laying out a whole day's worth of what you at with portion sizes included. Note that there is no way you can accurately count calories without mearuring or weighing everthing that goes into your mouth, so if you don't have a kitchen scale with 1g tolerance level, and don't use measuring spoons + scoops what you thought was 1600 calories could just as well have been 2500

M

mdpwrlifter

Awards
I don't think it is that extreme but it could make a 300 cal or so difference depending on accuracy.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Yes, clearly our obesity problem in America is because so many people are counting calories. :burger:
HAHAHAHAHAAHA ! thats what i was thinking LOL

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
It's called exercise not supplements, they can only aid. Diet and exercise is king, cardio in the morning, working with weights - big compound moves. The more mass you have the more calories and essentially fat you can burn. Don't focus on restricting calories so much, this will eventually cause your metabolism to come to a halt and you won't be burning any fat - increase daily activities instead. Peace
i totally agree.
though I think Diet is 90% of fatloss and working out the other 10%
for eg. you can eat 2 cookies and what, run 1 mile to TRY and burn it off? or you can just leave the f-ing cookie alone lol.