Who here has actually tried LG/IF diet?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.28%

Who here has actually tried LG/IF diet?

Positive results? Negative results? How long did you try it for?

Anybody tried it with PH/AAS? Results? Compared to higher meal freq diets?

I realize there is a whole thread about this but I wanted to pose this to the whole forum, and not just whoever is participating in the LG/IF thread at the moment.

These are all some questions I wanted to ask mainly because I'm in a discussion with one of the graduate professors here who is vehemently against this rationale, and I just want some informal feedback.

I'm already compiling a list of literature to send him via LG and google scholar, and these are just some of the questions I thought of while reading.

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.77%

Quote Originally Posted by deadikated View Post
    Positive results? Negative results? How long did you try it for?

Anybody tried it with PH/AAS? Results? Compared to higher meal freq diets?

I realize there is a whole thread about this but I wanted to pose this to the whole forum, and not just whoever is participating in the LG/IF thread at the moment.

These are all some questions I wanted to ask mainly because I'm in a discussion with one of the graduate professors here who is vehemently against this rationale, and I just want some informal feedback.

I'm already compiling a list of literature to send him via LG and google scholar, and these are just some of the questions I thought of while reading.

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.
    I've been running a lean gains/intermittent fasting routine for 10 months now. It has simplified my life and eating schedule tremendously. I have a 16 hour fast/8 hour feed schedule which I usually start at 1PM and end at 9PM. My workouts fall between 5-7 PM. I eat roughly 1/3 of my calories between 1PM and my workout and the other 2/3 post workout. I lift heavy and haven't noticed any significant differences in terms of workout quality compared to my pre-IF days. Since starting IF I have recomped, probably dropped 3% or more bodyfat while staying at the same weight while also increasing strength in some of my core lifts.

I feel better on IF than I did on high frequency eating. I used to get in these post-meal funks where my brain got foggy for awhile but that seldom if ever happens with the IF. Hunger really isn't a big deal for me. Every once in a while I'll get really hungry the last couple of hours before I eat but most of the time I'm fine.

Best of luck with your professor. Martin provides copious amounts of scientific literature on his blog and you can always search for abstracts yourself. As long as you go in with scientific research backing up your standpoint there isn't much the professor can do but disagree. Realize that his strong position is more likely due to his bloody pride than an actual fully developed scientific understanding. People hate to be wrong!
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I just started it a few days ago. I have logged some of my meals and how it is affecting me in my contest prep log in my sig.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 02:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 03:48 AM