Can one of you paleo guys explain red potatoes to me?
- 05-21-2011, 05:22 PM
- 05-21-2011, 06:57 PM
- 05-21-2011, 07:02 PM
05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
I didn't think they ate any kind of potatoes on that kind of diet. Hopefully someone who is actually on the diet will respond.
05-21-2011, 07:21 PM
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm not a "paleo" guy or whatever it is, but I'm confident that there is ~5x more sugar (2-3g vs 11-12g) in a sweet potato than a red potato of equal size.
For glycogen replenishment, any type of potato is great due to the high starch content in white, red, and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a comparatively higher vitamin content, but also have a little but more naturally occurring fructose and sucrose than other varieties.
But again, any potato would be a great choice here -- GI index can suck one
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Tubers are generally accepted for refeeds under Paleo diet. They're high in potassium and alkalinic. What makes them different from other forms of complex carbs is that they do not have gluten or lectins.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-22-2011, 08:22 PM
I eat potatoes all day long when I diet and I get shredded as can be, i do better with red and white potatoes over sweet potatoes
Similar Forum Threads
- By nocando22 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM
- By prld2gr8ns in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 88Last Post: 04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
- By bulltest01 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 34Last Post: 08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
- By CopyCat in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 20Last Post: 04-18-2010, 09:38 PM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 01-08-2005, 03:17 AM