The Anabolic Diet, carb up on the first weekend? - AnabolicMinds.com

The Anabolic Diet, carb up on the first weekend?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

The Anabolic Diet, carb up on the first weekend?

Hey guys!

I started The Anabolic Diet by Dr Mauro Di Pasquale last Monday. I have read most of the book, and I can't find any info on this subject. Should you eat carbs the first weekend?

I have read around different places that it is suggested to wait 12 days so the body becomes adapted to burning fats instead of carbs. It does however look like another "anabolic diet". I am not sure though.

Any input would be appreciated

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  147 lbs.

For what I know it can take up to 3 days for your body to start using ketones and fats for energy. After that, during the first 3 weeks of ketosis both your brain and body use ketones and fats for energy, more and more. After that you reach adaptation, which is when your brain uses ketones and the rest of your body tissues use only fats for energy. That's when you lose fat the most, obviously. Now, if you're doing the CKD people usually recommend to have your first refeed during the second week, in the weekend. ---I hope that answers your question! Good luck!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Thanks man, glad to hear your opinion
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFox View Post
    Hey guys!

I started The Anabolic Diet by Dr Mauro Di Pasquale last Monday. I have read most of the book, and I can't find any info on this subject. Should you eat carbs the first weekend?

I have read around different places that it is suggested to wait 12 days so the body becomes adapted to burning fats instead of carbs. It does however look like another "anabolic diet". I am not sure though.

Any input would be appreciated
    I will refer you to The Metabolic Diet Website.. You will find most of your answers there. Have you read the Metabolic Diet book?. It is a more updated version of the anabolic diet with a lot more information. I suggest you don't ask questions on this(anabolicminds)website but go to the site I linked and email Mauro. I've been on the Metabolic Diet for years and he even helped me out a few times on the phone. I was surprised, but yes Dr. Mauro actually called me back after I left a message for him. If you have not read The Metabolic Diet or his other books you should take a look at them on the site. DO NOT carb up on the first weekend. Its extremely important for you to wait. By the way, The Metabolic Diet is not a ketosis diet and its not important at all for your body to go into ketosis on this diet.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Thank you very much! I will try looking into the metabolic diet.

How has your progress been on the diet? =)
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Progress has been great except for a few years back went I went off of it for some stupid reason. You have to think of it as a way of eating or a lifestyle. I could really eat this way forever. No reason to ever go off the diet for me anyway. Its helped out in a lot of other ways too besides fat loss and muscle gain. Better concentration, more alert, more energy, just happier. Its great. You will never want to go back to old inferior way of eating again.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Diet: Carb-up and training
    By Rhyno in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
  2. Anabolic Diet/Carb Cycling Mix - Does this work?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
  3. Best No Carb/Anabolic Diet Preworkout/NO Drink?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. Anabolic Diet: First Carb Up
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 06:40 AM
  5. p-slin/anabolic pump on low carb diet
    By ryan6f7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 12:40 PM