double checking diet! - AnabolicMinds.com

double checking diet!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

double checking diet!

Posting my diet to make sure everything looks good to go! I'll be doing cardio fasteded in the morning and I'll be stacking alpha t2 + erase with this(thinking of adding oxyelite pro but always cautious about USPlabs). Working out mid-afternoon. My stats-> 6 1, 208 @ 13.8%. I'm not shooting for anything crazy in the single digits, but definitely something around 10-11% would be pretty nice. Obviously that starts right here with my diet

1. 2 packets of quaker oatmeal (reduced sodium).
    2. WW bagel + 1 tablespoon of natty peanut butter
    Fiber one bar (definitely a must to stay regular haha)
    3. 8 oz chicken + brown rice or yogurt
    4. Post work out -> 2 protein shakes (BSN syntha-6) + fruit ( bananas/kiwis/strawberries)
    5. Turkey 4oz
    6. Chicken 8oz brown rice or yogurt (whatever I didn't eat from meal #3)

that comes out to 2526 calories, 73 fat, 192 carbs , and 230 protein

Thanks for the input!!!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Alright I got a couple of things to say about your diet

1. Its always good to start the day with a protein shake to start your metabolism
    2. Your first two meals dont include a meat protein source (Wheres the EGGS!!)
    3. Oatmeal will break down quite slowly thats why its perfect for breakfast, but when you add more carbs from your bagel you are over doing it.
    4. Simple sugars are better than fruit after a post workout. Look for dextrose
    5. Move the brown rice to meal 5 so you dont have carbs right before bedtime.
    6. Think about adding a bedtime protein shake so you will maintain muscle and stay anabolic throughout the night
    Anabolic Designs Represenative
    Perform and Transform
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171721-boagrius-logging-pes.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

thanks for the input!

So I've changed it up to look like this:

1. Protein shake upon waking
    2. 1 packet of oatmeal
    2 eggs + 2 egg whites
    3. fiber one bar
    turkey 4oz
    4. chicken 8oz
    brown rice
    5. post work out-> protein shake + honey (or some other food with high dextrose)
    6. bagel w/ natural pb
    7. chicken 8oz
    yogurt

I could take away the turkey possible and replace that with the late night shake. The only problem I have with that is I end up waking up a few hours later to piss throughout the night.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

thanks for the input!

So I've changed it up to look like this:

1. Protein shake upon waking

2. 1 packet of oatmeal

2 eggs + 2 egg whites

3. fiber one bar

turkey 4oz

4. chicken 8oz

brown rice

5. post work out-> protein shake + honey (or some other food with high dextrose)

6. bagel w/ natural pb

7. chicken 8oz

yogurt

I could take away the turkey possible and replace that with the late night shake. The only problem I have with that is I end up waking up a few hours later to piss throughout the night.
    Good moves with the diet.

I would tweak it this way. You don't 'need' carbs (whether it be fructose or sucrose) bc protein can and does produce an insulin response (hence the reason for incorporating it into every meal starting with breakfast) all by itself. I'm ur size exactly except I'm 8%bf and I don't even hit carbs after a workout. Just 55g WPI that way I'm leaving some of my fat burners going by avoiding a HUGE insulin rush.
    Fiber one bar? Try this. Get ALL ur carbs from fruits and veggies and eat around 80-110g carbs a day. Half must be VEGGIES. See if u need a fiber bar then.
    If you are worried about interrupting ur sleep bc a shake, eat a whole food, slow digesting protein. Like eggs or chic or lean beef. Cook a little of all three plenty of slow digesting protein. You don't need all that expensive night protein either.
    I know I say this all the time, but eat Primal! Whey and ricotta are my exceptions.

Good luck bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  5. New Member

Some good advice there.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Thanks for the info! What would you suggest I swap out for more veggies/fruit? The bagel/rice/yogurt/fiber one bar? I'm guessing just sprinkle a little bit of veggies/fruit throughout the day? 8% damn, definitely have some dedication on your diet
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm25 View Post
    Thanks for the info! What would you suggest I swap out for more veggies/fruit? The bagel/rice/yogurt/fiber one bar? I'm guessing just sprinkle a little bit of veggies/fruit throughout the day? 8% damn, definitely have some dedication on your diet
    6.5% (2 weeks ago) is dedication......:P Thanks bro.

Seriously though, you are right. 8% is a good number to hit BF wise and should at least speak to the fact that I know my own body decently well

Anyhow, you got the idea.
    Honestly, if it were me I would do away with the bagel and rice and replace them with fruits and veggies. As long as your weight loss is/was heading in the right direction, count the macros of what you are replacing it with compared to what you eat now and modify accordingly. This goes back to the old calories in have to be less than calories burnt type thing, but now we work on getting your body to burn energy differently (kind of like food partitioning but in respect to energy). This type of eating will make you lethargic for a couple weeks. This is bc your body is adjusting to burning more fats (assuming you have your macros shifted that way....ie~40%, yup that mean 40% of your diet comes from fats). Once your body is used to buring fats, the lethargy subsides and believe it or not, so do the carb cravings. I don't get them much at all anymore and I have a lot of other options to keep me full.

Sorry if I complicated the issue but IMO there is a lot of misunderstanding on the proper use of complex carbs in weight training and more importantly body building where BF DOES matter. They should be used as a tool for you to grow muscle during times of heavy activity. Rarely, however, do we get to that required activity level regularly in our lives meaning the extra carbs are just holding water (bloat) and keeping your body fed (bc it burns carbs, not fat).

Hope this helps bro. Let me know if I was confusing.
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Nope, definitely makes sense! What types of fatty foods do you normally eat? I know nuts/naturally peanut butter are really good.

Also, how do you adjust your diet while on a ph(i.e. a superdrol clone) that a person typically increases their carbs ? But in doing so how would you avoid increasing them so much that your body gets back to having the craves n such?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm25 View Post
    Nope, definitely makes sense! What types of fatty foods do you normally eat? I know nuts/naturally peanut butter are really good.

Also, how do you adjust your diet while on a ph(i.e. a superdrol clone) that a person typically increases their carbs ? But in doing so how would you avoid increasing them so much that your body gets back to having the craves n such?
    PErFECT TIME TO SWITCH OVER!!!!!

Protein synthesis will be increased and that alone should make you want to shift your diet over.

My fats come from EVOO (butter and mayo made from it and NO hydrogenated oils, smart balance and kraft both make these respectively), salmon (this is a GREAT one), chicken, eggs (highest bio available protein naturally), riccotta chez, natural cruchy PB, and some others.

On my cycle I didn't eat grains but a couple time and that was only bc I was working outside for 12 hours and had no other way to keep weight on.
    Whatever you do, do it gradually bc you are on cycle. You don't want to make yourself lethargic so you skip a day or anything. Keep in mind tho, lethargy can be combated with a good PWO like White Flood.

Good luck and def hit me up if you got any other questions.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1st Cycle Test E/Dbol Double Checking
    By Vinsanity54 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 11:28 AM
  2. Just some double checking..
    By ConcreteConny in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM
  3. Double Checking Spawn PCT
    By maurice02 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4