No more bulking or cutting, both at the same time, slow and steady

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Answers

No more bulking or cutting, both at the same time, slow and steady

So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?
    yessir, been training like that for a little over a year now. They key is finding that magic carb number that allows u to get lean but also have great workouts/growth. I typically stack 75% of my carbs pre/post WO, and its been working. I personally like it cuz u never feel bloated from devouring everything on a bulk, and never feel out of it cuz ur carbs are low and cardio is through the roof. GL with it man
    Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM/PM Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173270-japs-cuttin-summer.html#post2832457

3. New Member
    Answers

hey coors can you post a link to the article?

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

This is the only way I train. Hell - a "bulk phase" for me means I got a wild hair and decided to increase maybe 5 pounds - which is easy for me to put on and take off.

I think if you compete - then you need the bulk / cut routine. Seems to be the quickest and best way to success and I note that even Rosie appears to bulk / cut a little bit at least - but she competes.

I don't compete though. I lift for the joy of lifting and because I am convinced that lifting weights (and some cardio) is the quickest ticket to hormonal health and - overall health.

I don't like dealing with blubber - even temporarily.

5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

I believe u can do both. its called recomp. maintain a low BF % but still build muscle
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Lean bulk it will take a while buy if your lean you will put on quality pounds with out fat. Actually this is broscience but if you gain 5 lbs of muscle and none of fat you have lowered your bf%with out actually losing fat (in terms of lbs)

I still bulk and cut but am not as near to my potential. Still on bulks I can see abs I never let myself go. It's to much work for me to strip it down after.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
  2. Test Compound Cream Time to Steady-State
    By 4aminsomniac in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
  3. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM