No more bulking or cutting, both at the same time, slow and steady

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.73%

No more bulking or cutting, both at the same time, slow and steady

So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.73%

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?
    yessir, been training like that for a little over a year now. They key is finding that magic carb number that allows u to get lean but also have great workouts/growth. I typically stack 75% of my carbs pre/post WO, and its been working. I personally like it cuz u never feel bloated from devouring everything on a bulk, and never feel out of it cuz ur carbs are low and cardio is through the roof. GL with it man
    Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM/PM Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173270-japs-cuttin-summer.html#post2832457
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%

hey coors can you post a link to the article?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.65%

This is the only way I train. Hell - a "bulk phase" for me means I got a wild hair and decided to increase maybe 5 pounds - which is easy for me to put on and take off.

I think if you compete - then you need the bulk / cut routine. Seems to be the quickest and best way to success and I note that even Rosie appears to bulk / cut a little bit at least - but she competes.

I don't compete though. I lift for the joy of lifting and because I am convinced that lifting weights (and some cardio) is the quickest ticket to hormonal health and - overall health.

I don't like dealing with blubber - even temporarily.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I believe u can do both. its called recomp. maintain a low BF % but still build muscle
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Lean bulk it will take a while buy if your lean you will put on quality pounds with out fat. Actually this is broscience but if you gain 5 lbs of muscle and none of fat you have lowered your bf%with out actually losing fat (in terms of lbs)

I still bulk and cut but am not as near to my potential. Still on bulks I can see abs I never let myself go. It's to much work for me to strip it down after.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. Test Compound Cream Time to Steady-State
    By 4aminsomniac in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 04:50 PM
  3. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM