Do you let yourself go hungry?

  1. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Answers
    0

    Do you let yourself go hungry?


    Simple question really. Do you let yourself go extremely hungry until it's time for your next scheduled meal, or do you feed the beast?

    Personally if I get hungry less than an hour before my next meal is anyways, I let myself go, but if I get hungry literally an hour or hour and a half after my last meal, I'll eat something real small to make it to my next meal.


  2. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Answers
    0

    It depends on your goals.

  3. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Answers
    0

    I don't get extremely hungry on a 500 kilocalorie deficit so usually a non-issue.

    If I want to push the envelope and do a couple of days at a 750-1000 deficit then I might pull some calories out of future meals to stop any serious cravings.

    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    drinkyboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,103
    Answers
    0

    I never go hungry longer than 30min or so. If im trying to slim down I wont stuff myself but eat just enough to ease the pains. If you snack sensibly I dont see it being an issue unless your on a strict diet. Pretty much depending on your goal and trying to accomplish.

  5. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Answers
    0

    What do you guys use as a daily calorie calculator to figure out what your maintenance is?

    I mean I can use 7 different ones and get 7 different answers, just wondering if there is a really great one, or great method that I somehow don't know about...?

  6. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    What do you guys use as a daily calorie calculator to figure out what your maintenance is?

    I mean I can use 7 different ones and get 7 different answers, just wondering if there is a really great one, or great method that I somehow don't know about...?
    It's called the scale.

    All those calorie calculators only provide estimates that you can use to choose a starting point. You then have to test drive the diet for 2-3 weeks and see how your weight changes and adjust from there.

  7. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    It's called the scale.

    All those calorie calculators only provide estimates that you can use to choose a starting point. You then have to test drive the diet for 2-3 weeks and see how your weight changes and adjust from there.
    Bingo

  8. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0

    I eat every 3 hours, so no
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

  9. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I eat every 3 hours, so no

    see that's what i'm saying. I eat 7 times a day, every 3 hours too. I try and portion every one of them out so that I end up just starting to get hungry again in 3 hours when it's time for my next meal. But if I get hungry literally an hour after my last meal, I don't let myself go starving for another 2 hours, I figure obviously that meal didn't have enough cals, and I eat something real small to make it til my next meal.

  10. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    see that's what i'm saying. I eat 7 times a day, every 3 hours too. I try and portion every one of them out so that I end up just starting to get hungry again in 3 hours when it's time for my next meal. But if I get hungry literally an hour after my last meal, I don't let myself go starving for another 2 hours, I figure obviously that meal didn't have enough cals, and I eat something real small to make it til my next meal.
    Just depends on your goals. If you're bulking, I'd definitely say that's true. However, if you're cutting and you have all of your cals/macros mapped out for the day, I don't like to stray from that.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

  11. New Member
    Exercise123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    62
    Answers
    0

    I've fasted for days earlier this month, just to try it. I've fasted for 1-3 days in the past. I've read fasting for a day or two can greatly increase overall insulin response.

  12. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    I've fasted for days earlier this month, just to try it. I've fasted for 1-3 days in the past. I've read fasting for a day or two can greatly increase overall insulin response.
    Yeah for the duration of your fast but once you go back to your regular caloric intake, so will your insulin sensitivity.

    Fasting is just a religious exercise and a great way to lose muscle.

  13. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Answers
    0

    I eat when im hungry simple enough obviously your body is in need of some sort of nutritents if it is hungry and its not good to go into starvation mode almost. Also when you start to get too hungry your body will burn muscle rather then fat from what ive heard. My reccomendation is eat when your hungry just adjust your meals for the rest of the day to meet your daily caloric totals.

  14. New Member
    tubbednova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    481
    Answers
    0

    I found with my diet i get hungry sometimes about 30-45min before my next meal and there 3hrs apart so i drink a cup of green tea and it takes my hunger away long enough.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. always hungry
    By predator04 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
  2. Anyone Hungry?
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:28 AM
  3. Not hungry
    By nestle1 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
  4. For everybody not hungry on SD
    By Mach .78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in