bulking decision/output

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

bulking decision/output

got a hard decision on my hands. im 213pds. 5'11 and 16% bf (i know, horrendous.) but i have come a long way from 325 pounds. i lost alot of weight and still didnt like how i looked so i decidede to start lifting weights, been about 5 months and i have very good results so far. i want to become shredded, under 10% is my overall goal, but i also want a good frame ( i like being a big guy.) my midsection is very undeveloped (core is strong, talking about how it looks) so im planning on doing a bulking program and hopefully gain 5 lbs of lean mass in a month then cut from march until june/july. my question, should i be cutting right now since my bf is so high? its probably going to go up a little, but i work out very hard 6 days a week and cardio everyday.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by rojasdave View Post
    got a hard decision on my hands. im 213pds. 5'11 and 16% bf (i know, horrendous.) but i have come a long way from 325 pounds. i lost alot of weight and still didnt like how i looked so i decidede to start lifting weights, been about 5 months and i have very good results so far. i want to become shredded, under 10% is my overall goal, but i also want a good frame ( i like being a big guy.) my midsection is very undeveloped (core is strong, talking about how it looks) so im planning on doing a bulking program and hopefully gain 5 lbs of lean mass in a month then cut from march until june/july. my question, should i be cutting right now since my bf is so high? its probably going to go up a little, but i work out very hard 6 days a week and cardio everyday.
    I think you already decided to bulk for a little and then cut, Dave - whatever you do, that's entirely your decision. You don't have to gain that much bodyfat on a bulk - look at lean bulking or recomping, using nutritional methods like calories cycling, etc. You just have to ask yourself what is the most important thing to you right now? Then set your goal - make it a SMART goal - and know the steps to take to get there, and GO FOR IT!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

ROSIE FOR PRESIDENT! <3
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Lean bulking can be accomplished with the right diet and training. what supplements are you taking/plan on taking if any? do you need help with diet and a training program? if so, post on here and either rosie or myself can make suggestions on those things to get you to reach your goal as best/fast as possible. good luck and congrats on the progress you have made!! the decision is up to you on either to cut or bulk...etc. if i were you, i would do a mild cut then LEAN bulk or recomp.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

^^^ i agree with that.....bring the bf down 2-4% then lean bulk and ull bea monster by summer!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

hey everyone! thanks for the support. im currently down to 16.5% bf which has been a drastic change compared to my 38% back in 2008. so im going to bulk for a month, and hopefully my bf doesnt go up more than 1% or 2. i am eating very healthy, with a few high calorie meals weekly (cheats.) im going to be supplementing assault, creatine mono, xtend, waxy maize, myofusion, opti-men and fish oil. i feel like this will be solid and i know i cant rely on this for results. i will be working my ass off. pyramids 5 days a week, and cardio HIIT or guerilla at least 3 days a week. im not going to take any mass gainers but make my own shakes ie. milk, pb, bananas, oats, and whey. delicious and nutritional. any additions or critisism i will accept. thank you!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

sounds good bro....good luck and keep us posted on ur progress on here that way we can help you out .....post up ur diet and workouts, let us know how u feel and how ur progress is coming along! cant wait to hear back from ya!
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

hey everyone! thanks for the support. im currently down to 16.5% bf which has been a drastic change compared to my 38% back in 2008. so im going to bulk for a month, and hopefully my bf doesnt go up more than 1% or 2. i am eating very healthy, with a few high calorie meals weekly (cheats.) im going to be supplementing assault, creatine mono, xtend, waxy maize, myofusion, opti-men and fish oil. i feel like this will be solid and i know i cant rely on this for results. i will be working my ass off. pyramids 5 days a week, and cardio HIIT or guerilla at least 3 days a week. im not going to take any mass gainers but make my own shakes ie. milk, pb, bananas, oats, and whey. delicious and nutritional. any additions or critisism i will accept. thank you!
    No worries - all the best

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

dont forget chicken!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

i got thissssssssssss. starting tomorrow. stoked!
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

i got thissssssssssss. starting tomorrow. stoked!
    Go hard and give it your all, Dave!

~Rosie~

12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

From personal experience, its not the best idea. You ought to at most do a month of maintenance, then back to dropping fat. When you've previously been that high bodyfat before, just like with muscle memory it seems like there is fat memory too :P plus, the leaner you start, the easier it is to see even a half % of bodyfat gain. At 16+%, adding even 2% isn't super obvious.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    ...the leaner you start, the easier it is to see even a half % of bodyfat gain...
    And feel it too (no fun at all)!

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

well good for me then! i dont want people to notice a change in my bodyfat. being fat sucked. and i not going to go back there. people will notice it when i start cutting for a few months and all the muscle really starts to appear!
  15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

well good for me then! i dont want people to notice a change in my bodyfat. being fat sucked. and i not going to go back there. people will notice it when i start cutting for a few months and all the muscle really starts to appear!
    There won't really be too much of a noticeable difference if you gain bodyfat at a higher body composition, but if you're leaner, others definitely notice (as well as yourself). However, it's about what you feel comfortable at - I know that once I go above a certain body composition my body starts feeling like a stranger and performance is affected.

~Rosie~

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    There won't really be too much of a noticeable difference if you gain bodyfat at a higher body composition, but if you're leaner, others definitely notice (as well as yourself). However, it's about what you feel comfortable at - I know that once I go above a certain body composition my body starts feeling like a stranger and performance is affected.

~Rosie~
    yeah exactly. so im willing to go up a few %'s. not wanting to get to 20 tho thats just unacceptable. 18 will be my limit. and i took assault today 20mins pre wo and i got SUCH a good workout. military presses 205 4*6, arnolds 45 3*12, standing barbell lat raise 50 2* 12, dumbell side lat raise burn 15 1*40. EXAUSTING. then i did bis. barbell curl 105 4*6, standing barbell curl 85 4*10, hammers 35 3*12, and cable standing curls 2 2*40. then decline weighted abs, in/outs, and leg raises followed me 20mins of guerilla cardio. BEAST DAY! tomorrow i will tackle them squats!
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

yeah exactly. so im willing to go up a few %'s. not wanting to get to 20 tho thats just unacceptable. 18 will be my limit. and i took assault today 20mins pre wo and i got SUCH a good workout. military presses 205 4*6, arnolds 45 3*12, standing barbell lat raise 50 2* 12, dumbell side lat raise burn 15 1*40. EXAUSTING. then i did bis. barbell curl 105 4*6, standing barbell curl 85 4*10, hammers 35 3*12, and cable standing curls 2 2*40. then decline weighted abs, in/outs, and leg raises followed me 20mins of guerilla cardio. BEAST DAY! tomorrow i will tackle them squats!
    Glad that you enjoyed the Assault - is it good stuff for sure!

~Rosie~

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

ive been eating alot of carbs lately and i need a rebound because i feel like even though i am bulking i shouldnt be eating these foods, but i did have my cheat meal last night which was a cheeseburger wedge and chilli cheese fries and a spicy chick n crisp from burger king. and today i had a bowl of chips, and a muffin as my high carb meals. im messing up! help rosie
  19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

ive been eating alot of carbs lately and i need a rebound because i feel like even though i am bulking i shouldnt be eating these foods, but i did have my cheat meal last night which was a cheeseburger wedge and chilli cheese fries and a spicy chick n crisp from burger king. and today i had a bowl of chips, and a muffin as my high carb meals. im messing up! help rosie
    A cheat day or meal is not going to do you damage (not unless you're like me and your cheat meals can run >4,000 calories, LOL). One or two days a week where you let loose will be ok, within reason - if you feel that two is too much, then do one. In the end, it's up to you to decide how your body feels and how comfortable you are - after all, you're bulking. Better food will yield better results, but it can also be hard to get the calories required in from good food all the time, I know.

~Rosie~

20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.5%

You can eat these foods occasionally. Don't fret none. Your cardio will be the deciding factor in how you can eat, and ultimately shed fat, yet gain muscle. For someone with your body type hi intensity cardio is a good thing, along with lifting and eating right. You need to combine more cardio then the average guy, but it will pay off in the long run. Why don't you post what your cardio plan is right now and we can give you some feedback on it.

I have always been told that you don't start shedding fat until a half hour of cardio is complete. So your cardio time may need to be increased.
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    I have always been told that you don't start shedding fat until a half hour of cardio is complete. So your cardio time may need to be increased.
    That's sort of true if your cardio isn't fasted, post workout or without supplements, as the first bit of cardio is lowering blood sugar and starting fatty acid release.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

okay well today i did 5 mins moderate cardio pre lifting. then i did shoulders/bis which took around an hr and a half. i immediatly downed my protein shake and then did my cardio. my cardio is around 15 minutes and i do a mix of guerilla cardio ( 4 mins warm up, then 8x 20sec all out, 10 sec rest) followed by high resistance for another 4 mins. (i do the crosstrainer since i have ankle problems.) this is done 5 days a week, always after weight training and i never miss out. some days i do moderate cardio for 20-30mins. im eating so much lately and i feel alot stronger but people say i look like im losing weight and getting leaner! I WANNA GET BIG!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.62%

i also have a question. when i work out, i work out HARD. always doing my best. but when i go home i am very sedentary. i do alot of computer programming, database managment and it involves alot of sitting. is this bad? should i try and remain active even after working out? i feel like eating 3-4 meals while sitting down after working out is just having a negative affect!
  24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    I disagree here. Even though I know how the body works, I also know from experience that I can do 10-20 minutes of cardio and burn fat. After all, it doesn't matter WHAT fuel you burn during exercise, because you'll burn the other fuel the rest of the day. As Layne Norton (2005) mentions, "The substrate used during cardiovascular work is not as important as the caloric deficit created by the cardiovascular work."

...im eating so much lately and i feel alot stronger but people say i look like im losing weight and getting leaner! I WANNA GET BIG!
    The more and harder you train, the more you can get away with eating and still get results - I am proof enough of that1

i also have a question. when i work out, i work out HARD. always doing my best. but when i go home i am very sedentary. i do alot of computer programming, database managment and it involves alot of sitting. is this bad? should i try and remain active even after working out? i feel like eating 3-4 meals while sitting down after working out is just having a negative affect!
    No, that's not bad. I used to be very active when I was younger, doing active jobs as I got older. Now I am pretty much sedentary outside of my training. Your body DOES need recovery time, and when you're NOT training, consider it recovery.

You need to stop OVERthinking everything . . . And doing some personal research yourself, instead of asking constant questions and expecting to be spoonfed answers - you'll do a lot better if you actually seek out the knowledge for yourself . . .

~Rosie~

25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%

Hey uh, don't eat chicken nuggets.

My $.02

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
  2. any studies on adderall and hgh output ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
  3. Muscle Size, Height, Max Output Coralations?
    By OCCFan023 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 07:54 PM
  4. clonodine increases hgh output
    By WATERLOGGED in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
  5. Milliter output of Lemelange Lotion Pump head?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 02:54 PM