Testosterone Diet

1. Registered User
    Answers

Testosterone Diet

Generally speaking, whats the best way to diet if you are trying to increase testosterone and still cut weight....or are those opposing forces.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Anyone have any tips? I know that at least 1 of the 32 who have viewed this must have SOME advice....I appreciate the help from Matrix and Rosie, but I don't want them to have to answer ALL of my posts by themselves haha....

Any advice related to carb cycling?

Fat intake?

Anything at all would be helpful, I am new to this sort of thing
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  345 lbs.
    Answers

I know some say that keeping your cholesterol level high helps increase your natural testosterone.
    Diets effect each person differently. Its all about figuring out what is going to work for you. I personally like carb cycling but it is alot of work.

Its hard to give advise when we don't know any of your goals, training type/ duration, stats, etc, etc
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Do a Google search on the "Anabolic Diet". I think that's what your looking for..
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

make sure your saturated fats stay somewhat high ( i know you dont want much of them but you do need a decent amount) Low T levels are linked to low fat intake.

I would also buy a natural T booster to be more anabolic.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

good amounts of healthy fats. eggs, steak, fatty fish, some nuts.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigTyler View Post
    I know some say that keeping your cholesterol level high helps increase your natural testosterone.
    Diets effect each person differently. Its all about figuring out what is going to work for you. I personally like carb cycling but it is alot of work.

Its hard to give advise when we don't know any of your goals, training type/ duration, stats, etc, etc

Fair enough...I am currently 5'9" and about 215, had T problems that caused me to gain some unwanted weight, on the way back from recovering from that...I would like to cut to the 175 range through diet and exercise, but I need to try and keep T high while doing it...total T is only at 408 as of my most recent bloodtest. I would also guess that I have slight trouble losing weight, as my thyroid is slightly underperforming with a TSH of 2.93.

I train 5 times a week - 3 lifting sessions that are very intense. 2 cardio sessions that are sometimes intense depending on what I am doing (running not so much, basketball very much so). I try to vary it and I take the other 2 days as a very much needed off day.

My major concern would be fat intake and total caloric intake...I do not believe that I would be successful losing weight based on some of the calorie calculators because of my blood test numbers. But I didn't know if you can keep fat intake up but cut out extra calories through carbs or what...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

yea post your daily diet. you can definitely up the fat and lower the carbs, this will improve your body composition.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I have read that there are certain foods that have a direct effect on test/estro, but I've only looked into it a little, I don't really remember the ins and outs about it. Good luck man.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

for me a 35% carb 45% protein 20% fat "2/3 saturated, 1/3 unsaturated" diet works really well, I did a body analysis after my bulk and I gained 8 kilos of muscle and around 10 Kilos of fat. I was experimenting and over shot my calories quiet a bit and put on quite a bit of fat, but 8 kilos of muscle is worth it in my book. I'm dieting off the fat now and people who i haven't seen in a long time can tell i'm bigger.
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

Sounds stupid but just eat a balanced diet with healthy whole foods and your hormone levels with take care of themselves.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natural ways to increase testosterone through diet
    By rochabp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
  3. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 11:19 PM