Diet on Mass Tabs

getbig89

Awards
So I've been bulking for about 3 months, and am going to finish with some mass tabs. I'm 6ft tall, 210 lbs, and 17% body fat (from the current Bulk). What I want is to try and maximize the lean muscle I put on from the tabs. I'm going to cut after I finish the cycle. Here's a rough diet, I know it needs work: I'm sorry that fat amounts aren't listed, I have to find where I recorded them.

Breakfast: Eggs Beaters, Oatmeal, Shake
Calories: 750
Carbs: 135
Protein 85

Meal #2: Full Mass Gainer Shake + Banana
Calories: 710
Carbs: 117
Protein: 53

Lunch: Cup of Brown Rice
Chicken/Turkey/?
Veggies
Calories: 750
Carbs: 75
Protein: 100

Workout

Post Workout: Full Mass Gainer Shake + cup of oatmeal
Calories: 800
Carbs: 130
Protein: 52

Dinner: Eggs/some kind of meat
Potatoes
Salad?
Calories: 450
Carbs: 80
Protein: 45

Meal #6: (I'm still unsure here, I want a lean protein and healthy fat I guess)
Calories: 500
Carbs: 35
Protein: 15

Casein Protein Shake’
Calories: 20
Carbs: 10
Protein: 30

I know it needs work, and I appreciate any help.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Hey post pics. I'm 6' 215 and want to see how my BF% compares to you.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
As for your diet. I'd leave off the weight gainer shakes and replace them with solid food or just regular protein shakes. If you're planning on dieting afterwards there is no point in packing on unneeded fat that you will end up having to lose later when your body isn't in such an anabolic state.

getbig89

Awards
I wish I could, I don't have the cord to my camera so I can't get anything up. From the looks of your pic you have a decent amount less than me.

As far as the diet, yeah I want it to be as lean as possible, but put on the most muscle possible while I'm on the tabs. The shakes are just very convenient because Im in college and am tight on time, so I don't know if I can change that. And I'm going to cut after this..hopefully down to like 12-13% BF. Any other changes in the diet?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
*whole eggs instead of egg beaters
*meal 6 you can eat a can of tuna/salmon with veggies
*more vegetables and less oatmeal, too many complex carbs in the diet.

getbig89

Awards
If I eat that many whole eggs a day..my cholesterol is going to be extremely high

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Whey Protein shakes are just as easy as your weight gainer ones. I've been a college student the past 6 years and without Whey Powder I would be completely broke. It's cheap, it's protein, and it'll not very caloric. I probably take too much of my protein through shakes but I don't cook so it's the only way I can reach 350-400g of protein a day without being 400 pounds.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
If I eat that many whole eggs a day..my cholesterol is going to be extremely high
no, there is no scientific proof that dietary cholesterol increases blood cholesterol. also, the more cholesterol you eat the less your liver produces and vice versa. cholesterol is actually in all your cells and is crucial to a good hormone balance. all the bad rep cholesterol has gotten is based on the lipid hypothesis from the early 1900s.

getbig89

Awards
Wow I never knew that..okay thanks... Can I use eggs whites in addition to them?

And as far as the mass gainer shakes, I used them to get above the maintain calorie level and the amt of carbs... so I guess I can replace them with food. But then at my height and weight, how many carbs and calories should i be aiming for?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Wow I never knew that..okay thanks... Can I use eggs whites in addition to them?

And as far as the mass gainer shakes, I used them to get above the maintain calorie level and the amt of carbs... so I guess I can replace them with food. But then at my height and weight, how many carbs and calories should i be aiming for?
you can add eggwhites but the best way to go is eat whole eggs, as many as you want. read my thread "is anyone else an egg maniac".

there are calorie calculators out there to tell you the exact amount. for maintenance you should probably eat at least 3500, more if you are working out alot. definitely ditch the mass gainer shakes, cook chicken/steak/fish eat eat eat eat

getbig89

Awards
Alright I'm going to redo this diet and re-post it later today. thanks for the help

getbig89

Awards
Okay so I've done some revising. I think it may still need some more protein..so I need some ideas on how to add in more. Also I'm not sure on how many carbs I should be aiming for, but I can add/subtract them easily since I'll be using dextrose powder. Also, to add/subtract calories or fat I can use olive oil.

Revised Diet

Breakfast: 2 egg yolks, 6 egg whites
Cup of Oatmeal w/ Peanutbutter
Banana
740 Calories
78g carbs
22g fat
45 g protein

In between this I will take 3 tbs of olive oil
375 cals, 42 g fat

Meal #2 : Cup Brown Rice
Lean Beef
700 calories
45 g carbs
54g protein
32 g fat
PWO: Whey Protein
Dextrose Powder
40 g protein
80 carbs
300 calories

Meal #3: Chicken Breast
Cup of Rice
520 cals
45g carbs
62g protein
5 g fat

Dinner: Turkey
Green Beans
350 cals
50 g protein
10g carbs
7g fat

Meal #5: 2 cans chicken (I can’t stand tuna…) w/ light mayo
Edimame
90 g protein
800 cals
18 carbs
27g fat

Before Bed: Casein Protein Shake
25g protein
140 cals

60 cals added from fish oil throughout the day…
I will probably also add in milk with some dextrose for extra carbs..

TOTAL:
4000 calories
360g protein
135g fat
316 g carbs

Dumbellz

Dumbellz

Awards
Okay so I've done some revising. I think it may still need some more protein..so I need some ideas on how to add in more. Also I'm not sure on how many carbs I should be aiming for, but I can add/subtract them easily since I'll be using dextrose powder. Also, to add/subtract calories or fat I can use olive oil.

Revised Diet

Breakfast: 2 egg yolks, 6 egg whites
Cup of Oatmeal w/ Peanutbutter
Banana
740 Calories
78g carbs
22g fat
45 g protein

In between this I will take 3 tbs of olive oil
375 cals, 42 g fat

Meal #2 : Cup Brown Rice
Lean Beef
700 calories
45 g carbs
54g protein
32 g fat
PWO: Whey Protein
Dextrose Powder
40 g protein
80 carbs
300 calories

Meal #3: Chicken Breast
Cup of Rice
520 cals
45g carbs
62g protein
5 g fat

Dinner: Turkey
Green Beans
350 cals
50 g protein
10g carbs
7g fat

Meal #5: 2 cans chicken (I can’t stand tuna…) w/ light mayo
Edimame
90 g protein
800 cals
18 carbs
27g fat

Before Bed: Casein Protein Shake
25g protein
140 cals

60 cals added from fish oil throughout the day…
I will probably also add in milk with some dextrose for extra carbs..

TOTAL:
4000 calories
360g protein
135g fat
316 g carbs
Looks like a winner to me!

getbig89

Awards
Looking this over, I think I may cut out the 3 tsp of olive oil which will remove about 1/3 of the fat, and add in high carb vegetable at meal 2, since the amount of fat the I currently have listed is about 31% of the diet

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Looking this over, I think I may cut out the 3 tsp of olive oil which will remove about 1/3 of the fat, and add in high carb vegetable at meal 2, since the amount of fat the I currently have listed is about 31% of the diet
never cut the fat. 30% is the minimum you should have in the diet.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
fat will be stored as energy. if you are referring to a highly glycemic vegetable (starch) then it will only be stored as fat unles consumed immediately post workout

getbig89

Awards
Alright, then I'll keep the olive oil in. and as far as the vegetable, I was just thinking of adding that because I didnt know if 300 carbs was enough

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Alright, then I'll keep the olive oil in. and as far as the vegetable, I was just thinking of adding that because I didnt know if 300 carbs was enough
way more than enough. ill probably get flamed but anything over 150-180 is getting stored as fat, unles you are a marathon runner burning 10000 cals a day. theres just no need for all those carbs. some goes to replenish glycogen but you dont need that many for that. 300 grams of carbs a day, especially highly glycemic carbs, definitely leads to fat gain.

getbig89

Awards
You think I should cut some out? Most of them are coming early in the day/ Post workout
I want this to be as lean as possible, but put on a good amount of muscle (don't we all..) that I dont lose.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you send me all of your Mass Tabs I will be able to better determine your fat % and then I'll send them right back ;)

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
uhm if you cut right after a cycle of anabolics (mass tabs are hormonal right?) your going to loose ALL the muscle mass you gained, you need to KEEP eating big during pct and preferably a month after pct too to solidify muscle mass/gains

do what you want

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
You think I should cut some out? Most of them are coming early in the day/ Post workout
I want this to be as lean as possible, but put on a good amount of muscle (don't we all..) that I dont lose.
yea its not the carbs that keep/put weight on, its the calories. if anything its easier to get the calories from fat since there is 9 cals per gram. take in under 200 grams of carbs in form of vegetables, some fruit and some red potatoes post workout. up the fat. eat a dozen eggs and a steak a day. thats what will lean you out and keep the mass on.

getbig89

Awards
the carbs im getting now are mostly complex, and are mostly before or post workout. I can cut some of them out though.

And as far as the steak and eggs...Should I change the diet more then? or is that more like a guideline?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the carbs im getting now are mostly complex, and are mostly before or post workout. I can cut some of them out though.

And as far as the steak and eggs...Should I change the diet more then? or is that more like a guideline?
excess complex carbs are adding to your bodyfat. you only need a little bit post workout to replenish glycogen.

yea you dont have to have a super structured diet. main foods: eggs, vegetables, steak, chicken, fish, fruit, some nuts, olive oil, little bit of red potatoes post workout. just eat lots of those foods, vegetables with every meal. take fish oil. rotate which ever foods from that list you have and you are good.

getbig89

Awards
Alright cool, I think I have a good idea now, thanks