hey i need help with my diet plan!!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%

hey i need help with my diet plan!!

hey ive been working out for about a year now intense training 5 days a week and i want to gain more muscle but im not sure about my meal plan this is what i eat.. im 17 years old, male, 178cm height and 70kgs

breakfest: 5weetbicks and a banana

Lunch: 4 eggs scrambled and 2 pieces of white toast(changing to wheat bread)

after workout : protien drink

Dinner: chicken and brocilli

all this adds up to be 1379 cals
    113g protien
    42g fat
    96g carbs
    1269 sodium
    i need people opinions on what more i should be eating cause i know thats thats not enough for a daily intake for me so plz helps me out a bit :P

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  345 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

More of everything! You should be eating every 2-3hrs, so I dont think 4 meals is going to cut it.

Something like this would probably get you started in the right direction.

Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs, 1 cup of "old fashioned" oats
    Meal 2: 4oz cooked chicken, 1 & 1/2cup of cooked brown rice, 2/3cup mixed veggies
    meal 3: 4oz lean beef, 10oz sweet potato(yam), 3oz of broccoli
    Postworkout: 1 scoop of protein powder, and about 50g simple carbs
    meal 5 (an hour after pw meal): same as meal #2
    meal 6 before bed: 4oz chicken, 32g natural peanut butter

fat 74g, carbs 312g, protein 227g, 2920 calories
    probably a bit high on the protein but its something to get you going

You should be drinking 3-4 liters of water a day and getting 8-10hrs of sleep (ideally)
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.56%

Yea man, you definately need more food. At 17 you should easily be able to put down food. Depending on what your lookin for, I would say right around 3k cals, 200g protein, that should set you up pretty nicely. I agree with eating every two hours as tyler said.

If you take a look around the 'bulking' section you should be able to find threads on what people are eating to gain. Also google 'high calorie diets' and others along those lines to get ideas on samples.

Chicken, fish, beans, greens vegetables, fruit, nuts, these are a few items to look into adding to your diet.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%

For me personally Im a little of the opposite as mentioned above when it comes to bulking/off season for me i dont really bother about trying to get 6-8+ meals a day ect. I normally start counting meals leading into competition. Reason being is the food is alot cleaner and healthier when leading up to a comp.

Otherwise i eat when i feel hungry and pretty much whatever i want. Im not a clean bulking person. Maccas,KFC,Pizza is all on the list for me. for example right now its my offseason and its very hot so im only eating 3-4meals a day i will supplement that though with drinking as much whole milk whenever i can with meals in between meals if i wake up at night to go the the toilet whenever. As well as the odd mass gain shake with honey and icecream! ect

I found i get my best gains in size when trying to get as much carbs and fats down me as possible instead of increasing protein. Dont get me wrong i still try to get protein in some form with my meals but that is not my main concern.

with your age combined with training hard and heavy with a little mild cardio/active person here and there your appetite should be through the roof anyway.

Just a few ideas for you that works for me personally. Also as has been mentioned go to the bulking section for some diets or search google plenty of diets around. just choose what suits you best

Good luck on your bulk!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%

hey thnx for this ima definetly try this out sounds good :P and yah fair bit of protien in it lol and thnx for everyone else for giving me tips helped me out alot :P
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%

Quote Originally Posted by BigTyler View Post
    More of everything! You should be eating every 2-3hrs, so I dont think 4 meals is going to cut it.

Something like this would probably get you started in the right direction.

Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs, 1 cup of "old fashioned" oats
    Meal 2: 4oz cooked chicken, 1 & 1/2cup of cooked brown rice, 2/3cup mixed veggies
    meal 3: 4oz lean beef, 10oz sweet potato(yam), 3oz of broccoli
    Postworkout: 1 scoop of protein powder, and about 50g simple carbs
    meal 5 (an hour after pw meal): same as meal #2
    meal 6 before bed: 4oz chicken, 32g natural peanut butter

fat 74g, carbs 312g, protein 227g, 2920 calories
    probably a bit high on the protein but its something to get you going

You should be drinking 3-4 liters of water a day and getting 8-10hrs of sleep (ideally)
    hey ima give this a try but wud it be alright to take out a meal? like meal 6 instead of the meal just have a protien shake wilf low fat milk or sumthing?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  345 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

I'd do the whey protein mixed with water and 48 grams of natural peanut butter or 1/3cup of nuts. The extra fat will slow digestion and help it stay with you a little longer. I personally wouldn't mix it with milk for before bed. Everyone's body is different though.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%

I'd do the whey protein mixed with water and 48 grams of natural peanut butter or 1/3cup of nuts. The extra fat will slow digestion and help it stay with you a little longer. I personally wouldn't mix it with milk for before bed. Everyone's body is different though.
    ohk sweet well i ate my norm foods today and after gym i went out and got all the foods for the meal plan u said to do so ima start tomorrow thnx heaps man im excited about this :P oh yah and am i surposed to eat this everyday?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  345 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

yeah eat it everyday you train and on days you don't train just don't have the post workout meal (shake and simple carbs)
    Also you could probably do like 2 cheat meals a week where you just eat whatever you want.

Eat like that for a month or two and see what kind of gains you get from that program and if you need to tweak it post back in here, I'm subscribed and I can help you some more.

We can bump your carbs up higher by adding in some fruit into your oats, bumping your brown rice up to 2 cups per meal, etc, etc,...
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%

yeah eat it everyday you train and on days you don't train just don't have the post workout meal (shake and simple carbs)
    Also you could probably do like 2 cheat meals a week where you just eat whatever you want.

Eat like that for a month or two and see what kind of gains you get from that program and if you need to tweak it post back in here, I'm subscribed and I can help you some more.

We can bump your carbs up higher by adding in some fruit into your oats, bumping your brown rice up to 2 cups per meal, etc, etc,...
    k sweet thnx 4 help

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEED NEW DIET PLAN!
    By bi0hazurd in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 02:09 AM
  2. Help with diet plan
    By allday54 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
  3. Can someone help me with a CKD diet plan?
    By jon671 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. Tweak my Plan? Ctting Diet/plan
    By Zips06 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM