is anyone else an egg maniac?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat 11 to 12 eggs a day monday through friday and about 6 on saturday and sunday. omlets, scrambled, hardboiled any which way. not only do i love eggs but i feel like a monster. am i the only egg fanatic on these boards??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
vince gironda said that eating a dozen raw eggs a day was as good as taking dbol.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I usually eat 11 to 12 eggs a day monday through friday and about 6 on saturday and sunday. omlets, scrambled, hardboiled any which way. not only do i love eggs but i feel like a monster. am i the only egg fanatic on these boards??
I love eggs too! But I only have 6 fried eggs per day for breakfast. Then I move on to meats cheeses for lunch.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that with pasteurized eggs its pretty reasonable, and if you have farm fresh eggs its also not that big a deal. Overall salmonella from raw eggs although it does happen sometimes is pretty rare (other than that big outbreak from the one plant lately)

I think the reason it works that way is the high amount of arachidonic acid in the yolks (a dozen a day is over a gram of it!), plus the optimization of testosterone output with the high levels of saturated fat.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think that with pasteurized eggs its pretty reasonable, and if you have farm fresh eggs its also not that big a deal. Overall salmonella from raw eggs although it does happen sometimes is pretty rare (other than that big outbreak from the one plant lately)

I think the reason it works that way is the high amount of arachidonic acid in the yolks (a dozen a day is over a gram of it!), plus the optimization of testosterone output with the high levels of saturated fat.
what do you think about that research they did that showed cooked eggs to be more bioavailable? I know it was criticized because they used people with a bag for a small intestine but there is gotta be some truth to it. I definitely feel the difference in testesterone, last blood work i had a 750 something and its raginggg.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I love eggs too! But I only have 6 fried eggs per day for breakfast. Then I move on to meats cheeses for lunch.
bro crank it up to 10 or more, u'll feel the difference

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my breakfast is 6 scrambled eggs and with my last food i add 8 eggs and i loved this :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what do you think about that research they did that showed cooked eggs to be more bioavailable? I know it was criticized because they used people with a bag for a small intestine but there is gotta be some truth to it. I definitely feel the difference in testesterone, last blood work i had a 750 something and its raginggg.
oh the protein is less bioavailable raw (I think its like 25% bioavailabile raw), but some of the fatty acids get oxidized if you cook the egg. depends on goal :)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh the protein is less bioavailable raw (I think its like 25% bioavailabile raw), but some of the fatty acids get oxidized if you cook the egg. depends on goal :)
bro i could not bring myself to drink a dozen raw a day, ive done a couple and its foul. its hard enough stuffing this 175-180 lb body with a dozen cooked lol

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Depending on my weekly goals I will drink my Egg/Milk Shakes.

Ingredients:
6 whole raw eggs
8oz skim milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
50 grams (weight) of nesquick for the carbs and flavor

I will typically have 2 a day when my goals call for it.
When money permits I prefer the liquid egg form the jug instead because they have skimmed out the membrane that makes you want to choke when it slides down you throught lol

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Depending on my weekly goals I will drink my Egg/Milk Shakes.

Ingredients:
6 whole raw eggs
8oz skim milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
50 grams (weight) of nesquick for the carbs and flavor

I will typically have 2 a day when my goals call for it.
When money permits I prefer the liquid egg form the jug instead because they have skimmed out the membrane that makes you want to choke when it slides down you throught lol
sounds like a gainer shake. nasty quads btw!

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I tried the raw egg thing when Rocky came out. I got a whipping and had to clean the kitchen floor.

I eat at least 6 a day, fresh off the farm from a friend of mine. They taste 100 times better than store bought.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I tried the raw egg thing when Rocky came out. I got a whipping and had to clean the kitchen floor.

I eat at least 6 a day, fresh off the farm from a friend of mine. They taste 100 times better than store bought.
ahhh jealous...i was getting farm eggs from this kid at work for a while but i guess the season is over for now, or chickens ran out of juice

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I do 4 large every morning with cheese...that's enough for me.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
ahhh jealous...i was getting farm eggs from this kid at work for a while but i guess the season is over for now, or chickens ran out of juice
When the days get shorter he puts bright lights in the hen house at night, it confuses the chickens and they keep laying. No BS, it works, I know because we use to raise fighting roosters and we did that also.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
When the days get shorter he puts bright lights in the hen house at night, it confuses the chickens and they keep laying. No BS, it works, I know because we use to raise fighting roosters and we did that also.
o $hitt fighting chickens. my BJJ teacher always talks about how they love doing that in brazil. he says the chicken is their favorite animal because he has the biggest heart and never gives up even when both his eyes are poked out.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I buy bulk yolk powder and combine with my shakes. Quite tasty...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish I could eat that many eggs a day. They are such a cheap food source for me especially compared to my grass fed beef and chicken or wild caught salmon but I just get tired of them too fast. Can you suggest different ways to cook them other than egg salad and scrambled?

VeganMike

Awards
I freaking love eggs, I used to eat them raw ala Rocky but then I got sick off one. Now I hardboil them bad boys.

Egg is the most amazing source of protein on planet earth! Why would anyone eat any other forms or protein is beyond me.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could eat that many eggs a day. They are such a cheap food source for me especially compared to my grass fed beef and chicken or wild caught salmon but I just get tired of them too fast. Can you suggest different ways to cook them other than egg salad and scrambled?
Over easy w/ whole grain toast.
Boiled.
Poached on a toasted english muffin covered with spinach and artichoke.
Omlet.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Are we talking whole eggs, partial whole partial whites, one yolk to every X amount of whites?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I was just going to add, btw - by 12:30 today, I've already polished off 18 eggs.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
6 eggs daily MINIMUM, 8-12 average, and like PR said UP to 18 eggs. Usually higher on that range if im broke but I feel great eating 10-12...

I make omelettes, fritattas, poached, basted, fried, scrambled, hard boiled, deviled, mixed into tuna salad, steak and eggs, bacon and eggs, egg whites in my shakes... LOL

i could go on like bubba from forrest gump goes on about shrimp lol

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
whole of course, its a sin to trash the magic yolk
I assumed it was this. Not so sure how beneficial the cholesterol will be to me, should i add them in, with all the exogenous test I am already recieving. 9 whites and one whole does me nice for breakfast.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I assumed it was this. Not so sure how beneficial the cholesterol will be to me, should i add them in, with all the exogenous test I am already recieving. 9 whites and one whole does me nice for breakfast.
cholesterol is your friend, read vince guronda's take on it. regardless of dietary intake, liver makes 15 grams a day on its own anyway. why are you receiving test? cycle?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
pounding 6 hardboiled eggs right now. i get so many from the cafe at work they dont even charge me anymore. this is on top of 6 i had earlier

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
cholesterol is your friend, read vince guronda's take on it. regardless of dietary intake, liver makes 15 grams a day on its own anyway. why are you receiving test? cycle?
Yes. In keeping with a lean diet, I have a feeling that many yolks, as magical as they are, would hinder my physique.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Yes. In keeping with a lean diet, I have a feeling that many yolks, as magical as they are, would hinder my physique.
how??? im at like 5-6% BF leanest ive ever been, pounding over a dozen eggs a day! I hope you are not refferring to saturated fat bashing research from the 1950s. yolks are extremely anabolic, fatty acids + arachidonic acid + vitamin A + BCAAs. in one yolk, there is a gram of lutein!!!!

if anything, eggs will lean you out even more! things like grains, dairy and sugars is what will hinder your physique. rodja could probably better explain how magical eggs really are when it comes to body composition.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
how??? im at like 5-6% BF leanest ive ever been, pounding over a dozen eggs a day! I hope you are not refferring to saturated fat bashing research from the 1950s. yolks are extremely anabolic, fatty acids + arachidonic acid + vitamin A + BCAAs. in one yolk, there is a gram of lutein!!!!

if anything, eggs will lean you out even more! things like grains, dairy and sugars is what will hinder your physique. rodja could probably better explain how magical eggs really are when it comes to body composition.
Wait...what?! seriously, grain? Which ones?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Wait...what?! seriously, grain? Which ones?
well any sprouted grain thats used to make flour is full of gluten and other anti nutrients. this includes bread, pasta, anywhere you see flour. these anti nutrients irritate the gut and cause a host of medical problems.

grains like bread/pasta/white rice are also highly glycemic with a high glycemic load. they spike your blood sugar and affect your insulin sensitivity resulting in weight gain.

i can go on and on, if you are interested there is more information on this board about the "paleo diet" or check out marksdailyapple.com guy has a good explanation of all this.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
well any sprouted grain thats used to make flour is full of gluten and other anti nutrients. this includes bread, pasta, anywhere you see flour. these anti nutrients irritate the gut and cause a host of medical problems.

grains like bread/pasta/white rice are also highly glycemic with a high glycemic load. they spike your blood sugar and affect your insulin sensitivity resulting in weight gain.

i can go on and on, if you are interested there is more information on this board about the "paleo diet" or check out marksdailyapple.com guy has a good explanation of all this.
good post bro. i felt great on paleo... Looking to go at it again for a good while during pct and a few months after that

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established

Oh, right, sorry, I was thinking whole grain, duh.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
good post bro. i felt great on paleo... Looking to go at it again for a good while during pct and a few months after that
lol then why did u stop??? the longer you do it the better you feel, leaner you become.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lol then why did u stop??? the longer you do it the better you feel, leaner you become.
well i went into a CKD diet...

just finishing up with that... so i will be looking into running paleo for a few months (4-8) and see how that treats me

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, right, sorry, I was thinking whole grain, duh.
that does include whole grains too. ALL grains have those negative effects on your body

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

There is nothing to worry about regarding the cholesterol in the egg yolk. The cholesterol you eat is barely even a consideration regarding cholesterol levels in the blood and arteries. Insulin tells the body to produce more cholesterol, excess insulin raises levels of cholesterol into the dangerous levels. However it is not from dietary cholesterol but excess insulin telling the body to produce it. Unfotunately this typically also create more LDL than HDL. There are a lot more benefits than drawbacks to eating the egg yolk. As long as it fits into your macros there is not any valid reason I have ever found to eliminate the yolk.

Egg Nutrition: Yolk vs. White

Egg yolks are indeed full of cholesterol. Like most cholesterol-rich foods, they are jam-packed full of important nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids.

In fact, the slew of nutrients in an egg yolk is so comprehensive that a few a day would offer better insurance than a multi-vitamin. Most importantly, the yolk contains most of the nutrients in an egg.

Egg whites, on the other hand, contain far fewer nutrients. The only thing that could justify their consumption is their attachment to their companion yolk.

Don't believe it? Below is a table that compares the nutritional value of egg whites and yolks, with data provided by the USDA. I've included additional analysis in the last two columns that provides the percentage of the total nutrition found in the yolk and the percentage of total nutrition found in the white.
the yolk contains 100% of the carotenoids, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K (6 items). The white does not contain 100% of any nutrient.

The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items).

The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and protein.

It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as protein, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply to the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.

One important set of nutrients that should not be overlooked is the long-chain essential fatty acids. Egg yolks contain the long-chain omega-3 fatty acid DHA, which is necessary for the brain and proper retinal function in the eye, and the long-chain omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid, which is required for the healthy skin, hair, libido, reproduction, growth and response to injury. These fatty acids are primarily needed by young children, pregnant and lactating women, and people with degenerative diseases involving oxidative stress, especially those of the nervous system such as Alzheimer's. While fatty fish and cod liver oil supply DHA in larger amounts, egg yolks have an advantage over these foods because they also contain arachidonic acid and because they do not contain EPA, which interferes with arachidonic acid metabolism.

According to NutritionData.Com, one egg yolk contains 75 mg of arachidonic acid (AA), 20 mg of DHA, but no EPA. As I describe in my Special Report, How Essential Are the Essential Fatty Acids?, DHA and AA are the two fatty acids essential to humans and other mammals, while EPA interferes with the body's use of AA and probably does not belong in the mammalian body at all.

Animal foods from animals raised on pasture are likely much richer in DHA. In all eggs, both the DHA and AA are contained in the yolk.

Concerned about the cholesterol in egg yolks? Worried about protecting your heart health? Egg yolks have long been maligned because of their cholesterol content, but cholesterol itself does not cause heart disease. In fact, while LDL, a major carrier of cholesterol in the blood, does have a role in heart disease, it is when poor metablism, deficient diets, and toxins destroy the LDL particle that heart disease develops
And, in fact, the University of Connecticut has extensively studied the effects of eggs on cholesterol levels. These high-quality controlled studies have shown that when people consume three to four eggs per day, with the yolk, virtually everyone experiences either no change or beneficial changes in their cholesterol levels.
Basically there isnt any real valid reason to not include yolks into your diet other than supersitition and old wives tales. As long as you can afford the fat into your diet plan macro wise than go ahead and eat the yolks.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Only if processed though, right?
any sprouted grain. i think quinoa may be one of the ones you can eat. all grains are processed in one way or another to be made into flour. oatmeal does not contain gluten but has other anti nutrients and its extremely acidic to the gut.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
You guys are like carb nazis.

For my goals, I need them. Not to excess, but it is a necessary part of my diet. Yours maybe not so much.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
any sprouted grain. i think quinoa may be one of the ones you can eat. all grains are processed in one way or another to be made into flour. oatmeal does not contain gluten but has other anti nutrients and its extremely acidic to the gut.
Damn... I thought I was eating good. I guess I need to do some research.

Thanks for the info.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys are like carb nazis.

For my goals, I need them. Not to excess, but it is a necessary part of my diet. Yours maybe not so much.
not really.. certain carbs are acceptable in my diet. I avoid grains due to the possible health risk associated with them and also there really isnt anything beneficial from eating them. I eat fruit, potatoes, veggies, and quoina which are all carbs and all have nutrients but a big bowl of pasta doesnt really have anything that my body NEEDS. You dont NEED carbs like grains you just think you do and WANT to eat them. The food industry did a hell of a marketing job on us and has many people thinking fat like egg yolks are evil and whole grain bread is a healthy better option but in reality it is totally opposite

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
not really.. certain carbs are acceptable in my diet. I avoid grains due to the possible health risk associated with them and also there really isnt anything beneficial from eating them. I eat fruit, potatoes, veggies, and quoina which are all carbs and all have nutrients but a big bowl of pasta doesnt really have anything that my body NEEDS. You dont NEED carbs like grains you just think you do and WANT to eat them. The food industry did a hell of a marketing job on us and has many people thinking fat like egg yolks are evil and whole grain bread is a healthy better option but in reality it is totally opposite
Now this doesn't apply to us, but it is a comparison, nonetheless..

Think dog food. Much like the FDA, that industry pushes products full of grains, things that a dogs digestive tract was not made to digest. All filler. There are so many brands of dog foods that contribute to illness in pets and working animals alike, that it is like the FDA trying to tell us that we should stick to 90 grams of protein a day, with 300+ grams of grains daily!

My dog was on a diet with moderate grains, and it turned out that he was getting less nutrients from the fats and proteins in the food, he lacked muscle tone, lacked energy and had irregular, frequent stools. He was switched to a grain free food that consisted of a higher fat and protein content, and the only starch (to hold the kibble together) was potato. There is also a variety of different green vegetables added for vitamins and minerals. I can now set my watch to when he goes to the bathroom, and his stool is more compact and solid, providing me evidence that more food is broken down and absorbed, and less is disposed as garbage.

Grains are cheap, provide ENERGY, but at what cost. I like oatmeal, I like bread yeah, and I eat it, but only to a certain extent. I am not constantly buying these products as a regular part of my diet because I know that if you compare our bodies to one of a hunter/gatherer, you would see that our society is unhealthy and obese.. And why? Because we have refined sugars, unneeded grains, and a plethera of unhealthy fats. But if a serving of whole grains gets us all pumped to go to the gym, then why not right? Carnivorous animals eat to replenish what they have lost during a day's travel, eating mostly animal protein and fat, and consuming whatever nutrients were found in the carcass (undigested plants, berries, etc)

Im not an advocate of any type of diet plan in particular but I do know that the human body does better with a lower amount of carbs coming from grains then the opposite. You have fruits and vegetables that provide fiber,vitamins,and antioxidants , animal protein and fats that retain muscle and provide healthy fats.. All which keeps you lean and mean ;)