Casein Protein Gas Leak?

  1. Casein Protein Gas Leak?


    So I purchased some Casein protein the other day, to utilize strategically in the middle of the day and at night when I cannot consume an adequate amount of calories within a given time frame. There is a problem however; devastating gas pain and flatulence that pushed my Pit-Bull to threaten calling the ASPCA if I didn't correct the situation. Thus, has anyone experienced the same predicament and/or is there a solution other than Simethicone? I have 5 Lbs. of it and really don't want to toss it out. The brand is ON btw. Cheers.


  2. How long has it been? Try giving your body time to adjust to the casein.

  3. Same here. In my case, it's milk protein in general. Some whey isolates even do it to me. Think some has to do with lactose but also the protein itself. Whey concentrate is the absolute worst. Have you only experienced this with Casein?
    •   
       


  4. Bought some casein and had the same problem... Lot's of cramping. I used to drink loads of milk and never had problems weirdly enough? Anyways, I ended up cutting the serving down some and threw in some hemp protein which seemed to alleviate most of it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by IronBusta View Post
    Bought some casein and had the same problem... Lot's of cramping. I used to drink loads of milk and never had problems weirdly enough? Anyways, I ended up cutting the serving down some and threw in some hemp protein which seemed to alleviate most of it.
    Which hemp protein? Not trying to hijack the thread but wouldn't mind trying it.

  6. Nutiva Organic Hemp... 50% (Ebay) It's somewhat gritty, but if you don't care about taste it's definitely worth trying.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    How long has it been? Try giving your body time to adjust to the casein.
    It's been a week. I'll definitely give it some more time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    Same here. In my case, it's milk protein in general. Some whey isolates even do it to me. Think some has to do with lactose but also the protein itself. Whey concentrate is the absolute worst. Have you only experienced this with Casein?
    Yeah, just the casein. I started to mix in some hydrolyzed whey with it and it seems to help.

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBusta View Post
    Bought some casein and had the same problem... Lot's of cramping. I used to drink loads of milk and never had problems weirdly enough? Anyways, I ended up cutting the serving down some and threw in some hemp protein which seemed to alleviate most of it.

    Hemp protein? Never heard of that one before. I'll have to check it out.

    Thanks everyone for the replies.

  8. I had some weird problems with Whey protein. Switched to predominently Egg White protein by ON and Hemp protein from my local Trader Joe's and have had no problems. Trying to eat more natural protein sources too - pack a tuna sandwich or almond butter and jelly sandwhich... Greek yogurt. Lean meats...

  9. I don't believe ON's Casein is a non flavored, medical grade, lactose free brand. My body HATES dairy and I use mine all the time no probs. But I did until I switched over.

    If you like, PM and I can give you some brands I like.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CASEIN PROTEIN???
    By bud suniga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
  2. What Casein Protein do you use?
    By zodiiac523 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 05:16 AM
  3. Pre-bed Casein Protein ?
    By thahotboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
  4. Protein and protein with casein b4 bed question
    By nexed23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
  5. ON casein protein
    By OmarJackson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Log in
Log in