Caffeine pre workout. Good or bad?

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine is know to be a great CNS stim and is known to dull pain which i have been recommended to drink some iced coffee pre workout with some whey.

It also is a vasco constrictor.

Should I keep it in my pre workout shake or get rid of it?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It has advantages and disadvantages. Caffeine is also a diuretic.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caffeine is know to be a great CNS stim and is known to dull pain which i have been recommended to drink some iced coffee pre workout with some whey.

Should I keep it in my pre workout shake or get rid of it?
Whether you keep it or not is entirely up to you. Do the research and then make an informed decision. Personally, I could NOT go withOUT caffeine - although I don't always take it pre-training, but definitely first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
caffeine is a must have for me. I wouldnt be able to get through my workout without it.

Hondaman1010

Hondaman1010

Awards
Caffeine gives me the extra energy to push harder.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that training/working out all but eliminates any of the vaso-constrictive effects of caffeine. Now if one was to take caffeine and remain sedentary...well then yeah at that point it could potentially be vaso-constrictive.

Whether you use it is up to you, but I do not personally notice a difference in vaso-dilation when using caffeine vs not using caffeine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whether you use it is up to you, but I do not personally notice a difference in vaso-dilation when using caffeine vs not using caffeine.
Neither do I.

TheBig3

Awards
A ton of preworkouts are loaded with caffeine and other stims...if you can tolerate them then go for it

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
sounds good i will leave it in. i love caf pre w/o just wanted to see the health effects

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm addicted to caffeine pre-workout.....:|

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Usage in moderation is fine, I only use it on days that I need some sort a "pain killer" effect, I have GREAT DHEA and testosterone levels, so stims are not part of my daily consumption. For example, I have had an AGST in my house with more than a bottle left and I have had in my possession for more than two months...

Consider this, when one does not get a full night of sleep, their cortisol and stress hormones rise yet their androgen levels decrease throughout the day at a much higher rate, using a stim will only make things worse. I suggest maca and rhodiola rosea for energy boost on days that you don't get proper deep sleep or even magnesium oil.

smark

Awards
Well... I think its not bad.. you can consume it and may be because of heavy workout, it get vanished or digest at ease

Exercise123

Awards
Caffeine intake can increase your performance. Caffeine if capable of stimulating the muscle fiber molecules, thus increasing performance and also increasing endurance as caffeine decreases muscle pain. Caffeine also slightly increases plasma FFA.

Constant caffeine intake decreases your performance. Consistent use will decrease muscle contractions and relaxations. There is also information present regarding the effects of caffeine and decreased creatine absorption.

You may already know that caffeine increases the catecholamine’s cotrisol and norepinephrine but it has also been shown to decrease DHEA production. DHEA production is directly related to testosterone production. Although, information pertaining to DHEA and caffeine is mixed. There is both positive and negative research among their relationship.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Gotta have my Caffiene pre workout... otherwise I'm dead. I hate depending on it... I plan to quit sooner or later. But one addiction at a time.

Currently taking Jack3d... intense stuff.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like exercise123 said. Studies show caffeine decreases endurance. Also too much caffeine can increase cortisol levels. but some like the feel of caffeine. I stay away from it unless i need a boost.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
sounds good i use it in moderation when weight training or when i need a boost in the morning. when i run or train endurance i use beet root juice as it has been shown to increase endurance by 30%

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dwight Shrute does know what he's talking about! I'll have to get me a beet farm:)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine intake can increase your performance. Caffeine if capable of stimulating the muscle fiber molecules, thus increasing performance and also increasing endurance as caffeine decreases muscle pain. Caffeine also slightly increases plasma FFA.

Constant caffeine intake decreases your performance. Consistent use will decrease muscle contractions and relaxations. There is also information present regarding the effects of caffeine and decreased creatine absorption.

You may already know that caffeine increases the catecholamine’s cotrisol and norepinephrine but it has also been shown to decrease DHEA production. DHEA production is directly related to testosterone production. Although, information pertaining to DHEA and caffeine is mixed. There is both positive and negative research among their relationship.
YUP, reason being it depletes important vitamins and minerals such as Zinc and magnesium. For those who like their caffeine, I highly recommend that you supplement daily with magnesium oil, it DRMATICALLY improves DHEA levels.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I also forgot to mention that cortisol will drop DHEA, DHEA is the main hormone in controlling cortisol, hence why stims WILL drop DHEA.

Exercise123

Awards
YUP, reason being it depletes important vitamins and minerals such as Zinc and magnesium. For those who like their caffeine, I highly recommend that you supplement daily with magnesium oil, it DRMATICALLY improves DHEA levels.
Sure, but nothing for improving DHEA or testosterone is necessary if your under thirty years old. 18-29y, you have plenty of testosterone and growth hormone circulating and if you're worried about depleted zinc and magnesium, you could always supplement ZMA.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Sure, but nothing for improving DHEA or testosterone is necessary if your under thirty years old. 18-29y, you have plenty of testosterone and growth hormone circulating and if you're worried about depleted zinc and magnesium, you could always supplement ZMA.
FALSE, testosterone yes but NOT magnesium levels, OVER 85% of the population is magnesium deficient, intracellular levels WILL lead to an increase in DHEA which leads not only to more hormone production but better overall health. Sorry bro but hormone optimization is one of my major concerns and I will disagree with anyone who says kids can't use magnesium, even a doctor was giving her child magnesium oil, to each is his own...

Zma except for the zinc is a waste of money...

Exercise123

Awards
FALSE, testosterone yes but NOT magnesium levels, OVER 85% of the population is magnesium deficient, intracellular levels WILL lead to an increase in DHEA which leads not only to more hormone production but better overall health. Sorry bro but hormone optimization is one of my major concerns and I will disagree with anyone who says kids can't use magnesium, even a doctor was giving her child magnesium oil, to each is his own...

I'm not discounting the use of magnesium nor would I of any mineral. I don't know how cost effective magnesium oil is over other options. Other options such as: a multivitamin or ZMA or both. I don't think magnesium oil would be necessary if one was already taking a good multivitamin, a nutritive diet would certainly be helpful as well. Unless one was a constant caffeine user, then I would look into magnesium supplements/oil.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem taking caffeine pre-workout. Caffeine improves my overall performance and mental focus. It's diuretic effects are a negative, but make sure you drink plenty of water and you will have no problems. I have experience caffeine through coffee, pills and several pre workout supplements. All three forms have the same effect on my body.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established

what do you rec for dose of mag oil? also are there any negs to the supp?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
caffeine helps with my focus also!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
what do you rec for dose of mag oil? also are there any negs to the supp?
I recommend 11 pumps in the am or preworkout and then 11 pumps prebed for the first 8 weeks, I suggest taking a shower and drying up before applying the mag oil. There are NO negs to mag oil and chances are that you may be deficient in it. A good way to know if you are deficient in magnesium, is after applying the mag oil, if you feel a burning sensation, then you are lacking magnesium in your system. I prefer Ancient Minerals Magnesium oil spray as choice of brand.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
I recommend 11 pumps in the am or preworkout and then 11 pumps prebed for the first 8 weeks, I suggest taking a shower and drying up before applying the mag oil. There are NO negs to mag oil and chances are that you may be deficient in it. A good way to know if you are deficient in magnesium, is after applying the mag oil, if you feel a burning sensation, then you are lacking magnesium in your system. I prefer Ancient Minerals Magnesium oil spray as choice of brand.
sounds legit. what are the health benefits of more mag? how do you know it is working

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
sounds legit. what are the health benefits of more mag? how do you know it is working
Bro the benefits are so much, I will give you a few:
Increased DHEA and testosterone
better sense of well being
better sleep quality
better cardio capabilities
CNS healing
cortisol control
more bone strength
SCALP hair growth
more vitality
etc

One way to know its working, which should be quick is deeper sleep and BETTER adrenals. You will also notice that as soon as you get up, you will be in the ready to get going zone.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
seems good seems what dose do you rec after the first 8 weeks? also is there a need to cycle off or something

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
seems good seems what dose do you rec after the first 8 weeks? also is there a need to cycle off or something
Just 8-10 pumps am and pm on training days, and 8 pumps either am or pm on non training days. It gets better with continous usage, and should not be cycled, I believe this should be a staple.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Just 8-10 pumps am and pm on training days, and 8 pumps either am or pm on non training days. It gets better with continous usage, and should not be cycled, I believe this should be a staple.
interesting ill give it a shot.