Caffeine pre workout. Good or bad? - AnabolicMinds.com

Caffeine pre workout. Good or bad?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

Caffeine pre workout. Good or bad?

Caffeine is know to be a great CNS stim and is known to dull pain which i have been recommended to drink some iced coffee pre workout with some whey.

It also is a vasco constrictor.

Should I keep it in my pre workout shake or get rid of it?

2. Advanced Member

It has advantages and disadvantages. Caffeine is also a diuretic.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty33 View Post
    Caffeine is know to be a great CNS stim and is known to dull pain which i have been recommended to drink some iced coffee pre workout with some whey.

Should I keep it in my pre workout shake or get rid of it?
    Whether you keep it or not is entirely up to you. Do the research and then make an informed decision. Personally, I could NOT go withOUT caffeine - although I don't always take it pre-training, but definitely first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

caffeine is a must have for me. I wouldnt be able to get through my workout without it.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Caffeine gives me the extra energy to push harder.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I was under the impression that training/working out all but eliminates any of the vaso-constrictive effects of caffeine. Now if one was to take caffeine and remain sedentary...well then yeah at that point it could potentially be vaso-constrictive.

Whether you use it is up to you, but I do not personally notice a difference in vaso-dilation when using caffeine vs not using caffeine.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Whether you use it is up to you, but I do not personally notice a difference in vaso-dilation when using caffeine vs not using caffeine.
    Neither do I.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  152 lbs.

A ton of preworkouts are loaded with caffeine and other stims...if you can tolerate them then go for it
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

sounds good i will leave it in. i love caf pre w/o just wanted to see the health effects
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm addicted to caffeine pre-workout.....:|
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  11. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Usage in moderation is fine, I only use it on days that I need some sort a "pain killer" effect, I have GREAT DHEA and testosterone levels, so stims are not part of my daily consumption. For example, I have had an AGST in my house with more than a bottle left and I have had in my possession for more than two months...

Consider this, when one does not get a full night of sleep, their cortisol and stress hormones rise yet their androgen levels decrease throughout the day at a much higher rate, using a stim will only make things worse. I suggest maca and rhodiola rosea for energy boost on days that you don't get proper deep sleep or even magnesium oil.
    doing my own thang!
  12. New Member

Well... I think its not bad.. you can consume it and may be because of heavy workout, it get vanished or digest at ease
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Caffeine intake can increase your performance. Caffeine if capable of stimulating the muscle fiber molecules, thus increasing performance and also increasing endurance as caffeine decreases muscle pain. Caffeine also slightly increases plasma FFA.

Constant caffeine intake decreases your performance. Consistent use will decrease muscle contractions and relaxations. There is also information present regarding the effects of caffeine and decreased creatine absorption.

You may already know that caffeine increases the catecholamine’s cotrisol and norepinephrine but it has also been shown to decrease DHEA production. DHEA production is directly related to testosterone production. Although, information pertaining to DHEA and caffeine is mixed. There is both positive and negative research among their relationship.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Gotta have my Caffiene pre workout... otherwise I'm dead. I hate depending on it... I plan to quit sooner or later. But one addiction at a time.

Currently taking Jack3d... intense stuff.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Like exercise123 said. Studies show caffeine decreases endurance. Also too much caffeine can increase cortisol levels. but some like the feel of caffeine. I stay away from it unless i need a boost.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

sounds good i use it in moderation when weight training or when i need a boost in the morning. when i run or train endurance i use beet root juice as it has been shown to increase endurance by 30%
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Dwight Shrute does know what he's talking about! I'll have to get me a beet farm
  18. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    Caffeine intake can increase your performance. Caffeine if capable of stimulating the muscle fiber molecules, thus increasing performance and also increasing endurance as caffeine decreases muscle pain. Caffeine also slightly increases plasma FFA.

Constant caffeine intake decreases your performance. Consistent use will decrease muscle contractions and relaxations. There is also information present regarding the effects of caffeine and decreased creatine absorption.

You may already know that caffeine increases the catecholamine’s cotrisol and norepinephrine but it has also been shown to decrease DHEA production. DHEA production is directly related to testosterone production. Although, information pertaining to DHEA and caffeine is mixed. There is both positive and negative research among their relationship.
    YUP, reason being it depletes important vitamins and minerals such as Zinc and magnesium. For those who like their caffeine, I highly recommend that you supplement daily with magnesium oil, it DRMATICALLY improves DHEA levels.
    doing my own thang!
  19. Elite Member

I also forgot to mention that cortisol will drop DHEA, DHEA is the main hormone in controlling cortisol, hence why stims WILL drop DHEA.
    doing my own thang!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    YUP, reason being it depletes important vitamins and minerals such as Zinc and magnesium. For those who like their caffeine, I highly recommend that you supplement daily with magnesium oil, it DRMATICALLY improves DHEA levels.
    Sure, but nothing for improving DHEA or testosterone is necessary if your under thirty years old. 18-29y, you have plenty of testosterone and growth hormone circulating and if you're worried about depleted zinc and magnesium, you could always supplement ZMA.
  21. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    Sure, but nothing for improving DHEA or testosterone is necessary if your under thirty years old. 18-29y, you have plenty of testosterone and growth hormone circulating and if you're worried about depleted zinc and magnesium, you could always supplement ZMA.
    FALSE, testosterone yes but NOT magnesium levels, OVER 85% of the population is magnesium deficient, intracellular levels WILL lead to an increase in DHEA which leads not only to more hormone production but better overall health. Sorry bro but hormone optimization is one of my major concerns and I will disagree with anyone who says kids can't use magnesium, even a doctor was giving her child magnesium oil, to each is his own...

Zma except for the zinc is a waste of money...
    doing my own thang!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

FALSE, testosterone yes but NOT magnesium levels, OVER 85% of the population is magnesium deficient, intracellular levels WILL lead to an increase in DHEA which leads not only to more hormone production but better overall health. Sorry bro but hormone optimization is one of my major concerns and I will disagree with anyone who says kids can't use magnesium, even a doctor was giving her child magnesium oil, to each is his own...

I'm not discounting the use of magnesium nor would I of any mineral. I don't know how cost effective magnesium oil is over other options. Other options such as: a multivitamin or ZMA or both. I don't think magnesium oil would be necessary if one was already taking a good multivitamin, a nutritive diet would certainly be helpful as well. Unless one was a constant caffeine user, then I would look into magnesium supplements/oil.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

I have no problem taking caffeine pre-workout. Caffeine improves my overall performance and mental focus. It's diuretic effects are a negative, but make sure you drink plenty of water and you will have no problems. I have experience caffeine through coffee, pills and several pre workout supplements. All three forms have the same effect on my body.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

what do you rec for dose of mag oil? also are there any negs to the supp?
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

caffeine helps with my focus also!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  26. Elite Member

what do you rec for dose of mag oil? also are there any negs to the supp?
    I recommend 11 pumps in the am or preworkout and then 11 pumps prebed for the first 8 weeks, I suggest taking a shower and drying up before applying the mag oil. There are NO negs to mag oil and chances are that you may be deficient in it. A good way to know if you are deficient in magnesium, is after applying the mag oil, if you feel a burning sensation, then you are lacking magnesium in your system. I prefer Ancient Minerals Magnesium oil spray as choice of brand.
    doing my own thang!
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

I recommend 11 pumps in the am or preworkout and then 11 pumps prebed for the first 8 weeks, I suggest taking a shower and drying up before applying the mag oil. There are NO negs to mag oil and chances are that you may be deficient in it. A good way to know if you are deficient in magnesium, is after applying the mag oil, if you feel a burning sensation, then you are lacking magnesium in your system. I prefer Ancient Minerals Magnesium oil spray as choice of brand.
    sounds legit. what are the health benefits of more mag? how do you know it is working
  28. Elite Member

sounds legit. what are the health benefits of more mag? how do you know it is working
    Bro the benefits are so much, I will give you a few:
    Increased DHEA and testosterone
    better sense of well being
    better sleep quality
    better cardio capabilities
    CNS healing
    cortisol control
    more bone strength
    SCALP hair growth
    more vitality
    etc

One way to know its working, which should be quick is deeper sleep and BETTER adrenals. You will also notice that as soon as you get up, you will be in the ready to get going zone.
    doing my own thang!
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

seems good seems what dose do you rec after the first 8 weeks? also is there a need to cycle off or something
  30. Elite Member

seems good seems what dose do you rec after the first 8 weeks? also is there a need to cycle off or something
    Just 8-10 pumps am and pm on training days, and 8 pumps either am or pm on non training days. It gets better with continous usage, and should not be cycled, I believe this should be a staple.
    doing my own thang!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

Just 8-10 pumps am and pm on training days, and 8 pumps either am or pm on non training days. It gets better with continous usage, and should not be cycled, I believe this should be a staple.
    interesting ill give it a shot.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pre-workout w/out caffeine
    By LichKing in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. Workout drink W/O caffeine or acidic properties??
    By clint3612 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Caffeine Post-Workout
    By Urban Monk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
  4. Caffeine Free Workout Products?
    By planetfuzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 11:06 AM
  5. Best Pre-Workout thing without caffeine